This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: September 6th, 2021, 9:56 am They prescribed Ivermectin, which has to be dosed according to your body weight because too little won't work and too much can be toxic.
From what I’ve read, this is where we’re at with COVID:

Apparently it’s been known for a long time that ivermectin has antiviral properties. If you grow a virus culture and dose it with ivermectin, the culture will stop growing. However, this only occurs at doses that would be toxic to humans. Once you bring the dose down to what would be a tolerable amount, it no longer affects the viral culture.

That’s why you see so many people pushing for it- it’s shown the antiviral properties in the lab. Unfortunately it seems to be fool’s gold. As more robust studies have come out, it’s not performing above placebo level.

It’s not really dangerous in human formulation and appropriately dosed, but when people are buying the animal stuff and relying on their own arithmetic, things can get dicey.
By tyndal23
stokesjokes wrote: September 6th, 2021, 10:26 am
olldflame wrote: September 6th, 2021, 9:56 am They prescribed Ivermectin, which has to be dosed according to your body weight because too little won't work and too much can be toxic.
From what I’ve read, this is where we’re at with COVID:

Apparently it’s been known for a long time that ivermectin has antiviral properties. If you grow a virus culture and dose it with ivermectin, the culture will stop growing. However, this only occurs at doses that would be toxic to humans. Once you bring the dose down to what would be a tolerable amount, it no longer affects the viral culture.

That’s why you see so many people pushing for it- it’s shown the antiviral properties in the lab. Unfortunately it seems to be fool’s gold. As more robust studies have come out, it’s not performing above placebo level.

It’s not really dangerous in human formulation and appropriately dosed, but when people are buying the animal stuff and relying on their own arithmetic, things can get dicey.
Agreed on one line of this BS - when people buy the Ivermectin + which is for animals and take it, yes they are idiots, just like if they took the Covid vaccine for animals, they would also be idiots. OR, you can simply look at the countries that aren’t married to Western Medicine and utilize this Nobel winning safe medication early in the Covid diagnosis and it works wonders. When taken daily it is working near 100% as a prophylactic. I will send you studies once you confirm you have watched the Patent Video and explained your response to it.
By tyndal23
lynchburgwildcats wrote: September 7th, 2021, 5:46 pm What's next, linking articles to The Onion as fact? It's about as reliable a source for accurate news as Zerohedge is.
What a response....so if they are liberal media Lynchburg Wildcat suddenly doesn’t count them...how about the actual documents released by FOIA, or the reporting by Yahoo News ( or if you need conservative ) NY Post, Fox News or a sitting Senator? Take your ball and go home...
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote: September 7th, 2021, 5:46 pm What's next, linking articles to The Onion as fact? It's about as reliable a source for accurate news as Zerohedge is.
The Intercept has published the same reports. Does that meet your high journalistic standards? This is real, and BTW, anyone will tell you I'm a Babylon Bee guy. The Onion has gone the way of Stephen Colbert and Trevor Noah. So last decade. So not funny.
Purple Haize liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I liked the Bee when it was 90% niche Christian satire and 10% politics. I understand the switch to mainly politics gives them a broader audience, but it’s just less interesting to me.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: September 8th, 2021, 8:48 am The political sphere is pure satire right now. That's hard to resist, if you're the BB.
Correct. It's so bad that they are being accused of "misinformation" for stuff that is blatant satire, which is like throwing red meat to a satirist.
flamehunter liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
A CEO had to step down because he tweeted that he agreed with the Texas heartbeat law. Everything including comedy answers to ideology now. So much ground has been lost over the last dozen years.
By cruzan_flame13
There would be no point of a federal government if its employees didn't lie to the masses:

"Hi, I'm from the government [and] I'm here to help you [from yourself]!"
jinxy liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: September 8th, 2021, 7:02 am
The Intercept has published the same reports. Does that meet your high journalistic standards? This is real, and BTW, anyone will tell you I'm a Babylon Bee guy. The Onion has gone the way of Stephen Colbert and Trevor Noah. So last decade. So not funny.
I’m over here paying homage to The Wittenberg Door…
stokesjokes liked this
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: September 8th, 2021, 11:46 am A CEO had to step down because he tweeted that he agreed with the Texas heartbeat law. Everything including comedy answers to ideology now. So much ground has been lost over the last dozen years.
They were already losing a ton of business over it. When you’re the CEO and you take actions that lead to losing a ton of business, you’re job is going to be in jeopardy.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Personally, I don't know why a CEO would want to make a public statement like that. I think he said something about so many CEOs weighing in on the other side. Of course, only one side of the argument is permitted in the public square. That's the point. Everyone should be concerned, unless you're some kind of fanatic or have completely surrendered to servility.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: September 15th, 2021, 8:46 am Personally, I don't know why a CEO would want to make a public statement like that. I think he said something about so many CEOs weighing in on the other side. Of course, only one side of the argument is permitted in the public square. That's the point. Everyone should be concerned, unless you're some kind of fanatic or have completely surrendered to servility.
Social credit scores and digital passports will even slow us old retired loose cannons :lol:

Freedoms are dieing. Endtime stuff :wink:
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: September 15th, 2021, 11:03 am
paradox wrote: September 15th, 2021, 8:46 am Personally, I don't know why a CEO would want to make a public statement like that. I think he said something about so many CEOs weighing in on the other side. Of course, only one side of the argument is permitted in the public square. That's the point. Everyone should be concerned, unless you're some kind of fanatic or have completely surrendered to servility.
Freedoms are dieing. Endtime stuff :wink:
This is a listless and nameless generation. Identity politics is both shallow and empty. In bowing down to it, we often lose a sense of our true selves. And in devaluing freedom, we end up fleeing to the false comforts of conformity. Perhaps, we won't understand the value of freedom until it's gone.
PAmedic liked this
By cruzan_flame13
Welp.....🤷🏿‍♂. How many shots will be enough? Or should we continue depending out what has always saved humanity for thousands of years...our immune systems. Oh right that's old talk and we need to continue innovating for the future of "science."

By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: September 17th, 2021, 2:03 am Welp.....🤷🏿‍♂. How many shots will be enough? Or should we continue depending out what has always saved humanity for thousands of years...our immune systems. Oh right that's old talk and we need to continue innovating for the future of "science."

The following vaccines require multiple shots or booster shots, either as a child or an adult. This isn't even including the flu vaccine
Varicella
Shingles
Pneumonia
HPV - 3 series vaccine
MMR
Pnenumococcal conjugate - 4 series vaccine
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B - 3 series vaccine, potentially 4 series
Heamophilus influenza type B - can be as many as 3
Zoster
Rotavirus
Diptheria - 4 series vaccine
Polio - 4 series vaccine
DTap (yes, different from Tdap) - 5 series vaccine

The Tdap vaccine is actually supposed to be done once every 10 years, once for each pregnancy, and once for wound management if it has been more than five years since receiving a dose.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]