This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm not sure what you're getting at. You literally said you got covid and your heart is fine as if that's proof enough for you. I'm not really naive enough to think just because I haven't had any negative impacts from the shot that others haven't. That was my point. You can't just say, "well, it didn't impact me that way so "x" can't be true.

I also think it's extremely irresponsible to make assumptions on someone's vaccination status to fit a narrative. I think it's extremely irresponsible to just post stories of people dying suddenly in a covid thread with the weird idea it must've been the shot. And yes, it is extremely irresponsible to guilt folks into getting a shot. Wanted to make sure to get that in there so I didn't have to read another PH word salad :lol:

Things have changed bit the internet hasn't. People will still find whatever study they can to confirm their position. At this point, I don't know where we go from here but I feel like we are just going in circles. Which is the main reason I stopped posting in this thread. TH's insanity drew me back in. Shame on me :lol:
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 8th, 2023, 5:54 am I'm not sure what you're getting at. You literally said you got covid and your heart is fine as if that's proof enough for you. I'm not really naive enough to think just because I haven't had any negative impacts from the shot that others haven't. That was my point. You can't just say, "well, it didn't impact me that way so "x" can't be true.

I also think it's extremely irresponsible to make assumptions on someone's vaccination status to fit a narrative. I think it's extremely irresponsible to just post stories of people dying suddenly in a covid thread with the weird idea it must've been the shot. And yes, it is extremely irresponsible to guilt folks into getting a shot. Wanted to make sure to get that in there so I didn't have to read another PH word salad :lol:

Things have changed bit the internet hasn't. People will still find whatever study they can to confirm their position. At this point, I don't know where we go from here but I feel like we are just going in circles. Which is the main reason I stopped posting in this thread. TH's insanity drew me back in. Shame on me :lol:
Ah, I see your confusion
The statement I was responding to was tha COVID causes heart problems. I was pointing out that is not entirely accurate as I have had it twice and my heart is just fine. There is a possibility that COVID could cause long term damage to your lungs are heart but, as I’ve pointed out, so could pneumonia.
We do agree that it is not proper to assume a person’s Vax status contributed to their death. Whether they had the vaccine or not. I’ve stated as much several times, the two most recent notable cases in point.
Where do we go? Who knows. But there are people who ardently believe the vaccines cannot be questioned on one side and those who think every suspicious death is related to increased spike protein or something from the vaccines. It’s gonna be awhile until asking questions is ok, as demonstrated here
By LU 57
thepostman wrote: February 8th, 2023, 5:54 am I'm not sure what you're getting at. You literally said you got covid and your heart is fine as if that's proof enough for you. I'm not really naive enough to think just because I haven't had any negative impacts from the shot that others haven't. That was my point. You can't just say, "well, it didn't impact me that way so "x" can't be true.

I agree that we are spinning wheels, so I will back off after this post.

However, in addition to what Haize has mentioned about the moving goalposts on vaccine claims, there was also the complete shutdown of very effective early treatments. All because of the irrational fear that telling people about simple ways to aid recovery at home would cause vaccine hesitancy. Having folks sit at home and do nothing for 10 days while they got sicker and sicker was absolutely unconscionable.

One thing we did at my house that was extremely effective was an iodine rinse we heard about from Dr. Peter McCullough in his interview with Rogan. He cited how effective this method was in slowing illness in India. Here is some recent research:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8026810/

The CDC, Fauci, and social media also shut down any discussion of Vitamin D deficiency’s role in hospitalization and death. Fortunately, my doctor turned me on to this very early and I began supplementing.

Lastly, not sure if any of you tried to procure Ivermectin in 2021, but it was basically impossible. I will not cite the studies on early treatment use but they are out there if one is curious.

I hate to be cynical, but the bottom line is these methods were suppressed because pharma cannot make money with these methods.
TH Spangler liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I have had numerous friends and colleagues get this latest strain of the virus this past week. Regardless of mask mandates, vaccines or political dialogue, I strongly encourage everyone to take this strain seriously.

For the record, my lungs are still trying to recover from the initial virus back in 2020. I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: September 8th, 2023, 10:32 am I have had numerous friends and colleagues get this latest strain of the virus this past week. Regardless of mask mandates, vaccines or political dialogue, I strongly encourage everyone to take this strain seriously.

For the record, my lungs are still trying to recover from the initial virus back in 2020. I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone.
Your family has really had it rough. Prayers. No one knows what to do anymore.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: February 8th, 2023, 7:29 am

I agree that we are spinning wheels, so I will back off after this post.

However, in addition to what Haize has mentioned about the moving goalposts on vaccine claims, there was also the complete shutdown of very effective early treatments. All because of the irrational fear that telling people about simple ways to aid recovery at home would cause vaccine hesitancy. Having folks sit at home and do nothing for 10 days while they got sicker and sicker was absolutely unconscionable.

One thing we did at my house that was extremely effective was an iodine rinse we heard about from Dr. Peter McCullough in his interview with Rogan. He cited how effective this method was in slowing illness in India. Here is some recent research:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8026810/

The CDC, Fauci, and social media also shut down any discussion of Vitamin D deficiency’s role in hospitalization and death. Fortunately, my doctor turned me on to this very early and I began supplementing.

Lastly, not sure if any of you tried to procure Ivermectin in 2021, but it was basically impossible. I will not cite the studies on early treatment use but they are out there if one is curious.

I hate to be cynical, but the bottom line is these methods were suppressed because pharma cannot make money with these methods.
Speaking of Vitamin D deficiency, since getting the first two Pfizer shots, I've been having issues with fatigue and my labs show a significant deficiency, to the point that I am on a weekly prescription supplement in addition to daily OTC supplements. I can function normally on sunny days, but prolonged periods of cloudiness/rain are difficult for me.

I got the Moderna booster when Delta was going around, and that didn't have any effects one way or the other as far as labs.

Knock on wood, the ATrain household is still Team No Covid!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I’m not saying nobody should. To each their own, and I don’t judge anyone for having. Just commenting it wasn’t as necessary as some believed.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: September 9th, 2023, 1:15 pm Haven’t had a single vaccination. Doing just fine.
I’m 2 and 2. One after I had Rona it and one a month before I got Rona again. Both were ‘mandated’ shots. Not a fan. I won’t be getting another one anytime soon
jmclaughlin liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Finally happened, the ATrain household is no longer Team No Covid. We did not get the updated booster, and it feels like a really bad cold. I know at least 2 people who did get the updated booster, and their symptoms and the severity level appears the same as ours. Take that for what its worth, look at your own risks, and make your own decision as to what you want to do.
By jmclaughlin
ATrain wrote: December 27th, 2023, 2:29 pm Finally happened, the ATrain household is no longer Team No Covid. We did not get the updated booster, and it feels like a really bad cold. I know at least 2 people who did get the updated booster, and their symptoms and the severity level appears the same as ours. Take that for what its worth, look at your own risks, and make your own decision as to what you want to do.
Hope you feel better ATrain.

Have a friend that was on the militant side of the "get Vacc'd or you are a Nazi" team. She has received every shot, each time the trust the science talking heads told her to...she is recovering from her 5th bout of Covid, yet still preaching the effectiveness of the poke.

Moral: Cognitive Dissonance is a virtue
ATrain liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: December 27th, 2023, 3:15 pm
ATrain wrote: December 27th, 2023, 2:29 pm Finally happened, the ATrain household is no longer Team No Covid. We did not get the updated booster, and it feels like a really bad cold. I know at least 2 people who did get the updated booster, and their symptoms and the severity level appears the same as ours. Take that for what its worth, look at your own risks, and make your own decision as to what you want to do.
Hope you feel better ATrain.

Have a friend that was on the militant side of the "get Vacc'd or you are a Nazi" team. She has received every shot, each time the trust the science talking heads told her to...she is recovering from her 5th bout of Covid, yet still preaching the effectiveness of the poke.

Moral: Cognitive Dissonance is a virtue
Thank you.

I am glad I got a jab pre-Delta variant (despite fatigue and Vitamin D issues as a result of the first two Pfizer jabs, no issues with the Moderna), because I know several people who were hospitalized or died due to the Delta variant, but the variants following Delta haven't given me enough of a reason to get another jab. I'll take whatever natural immunity I get from this and carry on.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
I have 2 same aged friends with the same build as me die from Delta. I have a few others who spent a long time in the hospital because of it as well. So I as delta was doin its thing, i got the first jab. it was also a nightmare dealing with work stuff (dealing with law firms) and not being vaccinated. our super trooper vax people at work get covid all the time it seems. Its becoming a running joke.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]