This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 9:15 pm I may be the last person on the board to admit this, but I got my FIRST vax shot after church today at the Wards Road CVS. The older nurse who gave me the shot couldn't have been nicer or more informative.

Now it's been 6 hours later, and I'm just waiting for the side effects to kick in, hoping that I don't die in my sleep. :pray
I got my booster and flu shot at the Wards Rd CVS before Christmas and I remember coming home and telling my nursing professor wife all about the amazing nurse who gave me my shots. I wonder if it was the same nurse. I was very impressed.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 6:55 pm Not sure if this link will work. Interesting read. Read her post. Click see more.

Here's her post.

This is written by a cardiologist in MI:

Current Thoughts on
Covid19
By: Mark E. Meengs M.D.
December 30, 2021
(Emphasis added)

The three vaccines available have not worked as expected. The classical definition of a vaccine is an inoculation that prevents one from getting a disease. It is now apparent that vaccinated people can still get and spread covid. What does seem to be true is that one is significantly less likely to die or be hospitalized from covid if they are vaccinated. This fits the definition of a therapeutic agent as opposed to the classical definition of a vaccine. It is interesting that the CDC recently changed the definition to now include lessening the severity of an illness, rather than totally preventing it.

(Edited by admin per Forum guidelines. Please do not copy and paste entire articles. Thanks :)

4. Do Not Copy and Paste entire articles - If you are sharing an article please DO NOT post the entire article. This can lead to copyright issues. Please just quote a small portion of the article followed by the link to the source in which the rest of the article can be read. This not only protects us, but also pays respect to the people who took the time to write these articles. This also includes A Sea of Red articles.)
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sorry.

If anyone is interested in reading the entire post by Lara Logan it's on her Facebook page, posted January 6 at 3:19pm. Click "read more". So far FB hasn't censored it. Surprising?
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Pfizer wanted to wait 75 years to release the data on their MRNA injections. They were forced to send submit information at a minimum of 10,000 pages each month. The first release was on March 1st. It should have never been released and given Emergency Use Authorization. Is anyone else reviewing the data?
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
They bought out Arena Pharmaceuticals and filed to de-list Arena from the exchange since it’s now a part of Pfizer.

https://seekingalpha.com/amp/news/38109 ... fizer-deal

*edit, upon further inspection, there were 2 separate de-listing notices

The one for Pfizer is here: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data ... ry_doc.xml

Notice that it’s to delist “.25% notes due 2022.” Looks like it’s a set of bonds that paid out.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
That's funny. I found the information from a subscription financial site and it was written in a way that made me think it was the entire listing and I posted it here. After reading more, I realized it wasn't a full delisting. I wasn't able to add to my comment right away and I thought, no need to worry, StokesJokes will probably fact check.

:clapping
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: March 9th, 2022, 11:57 pm Bad news coming out of Britain...

https://alexberenson.substack.com/
Used to work with a guy who loved to read this conspiracy theorists "research." He was also inspired by Berenson to believe that vegetables were poisonous to humans. Just because one is a Yale grad doesn't mean you're not an idiot.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
I think you may have Cornel mixed up w/Yale. You know, Ivy school in the middle of nowhere.....where academics are never challenged by anything real. Breeding ground for elite hysteria.

As far as Berenson goes, there's gotta be more than one view out there, right? One established opinion baptized in so-called official expertise is not healthy. Unless of course, you're a one-opinion only kinda guy.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote:I think you may have Cornel mixed up w/Yale. You know, Ivy school in the middle of nowhere.....where academics are never challenged by anything real. Breeding ground for elite hysteria.

As far as Berenson goes, there's gotta be more than one view out there, right? One established opinion baptized in so-called official expertise is not healthy. Unless of course, you're a one-opinion only kinda guy.
I don't think anyone would argue that there could be more than one opinion out there on things. As my grandpa used to say, opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has them and they all stink.

But the big fallacy in todays world is the logic that says, "all people are created equal (in God's image) and all people have opinions, thus all opinions are equal."

This is where the term "educated opinion" comes in.
By tyndal23
rogers3 wrote: March 10th, 2022, 8:21 am

Used to work with a guy who loved to read this conspiracy theorists "research." He was also inspired by Berenson to believe that vegetables were poisonous to humans. Just because one is a Yale grad doesn't mean you're not an idiot.
Clearly you don’t know anything about Berenson to post this. He is a liberal NY Jew who used to write for NY Times. Every post he makes he links sources and only uses data. He does not promote or believe in any alternatives like Ivermectin ( which I do ) and blasts “ conspiracy theories” just as much as MRNA technology.
Last edited by tyndal23 on March 10th, 2022, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By tyndal23
tyndal23 wrote: March 10th, 2022, 8:11 pm
rogers3 wrote: March 10th, 2022, 8:21 am

Clearly you don’t know anything about Berenson to post this. He is a liberal NY Jew who used to right for NY Times. Every post he makes he links sources and only uses data. He does not promote or believe in any alternatives like Ivermectin ( which I do ) and blasts “ conspiracy theories” just as much as MRNA technology.
Are you sure your not mixing up Alex Jones with Alex Berenson ? Berenson has only written a few espionage thrillers ( excellent btw, right up there with Brad Thor and Jack Carr ) and 1 nonfiction about link of Marijuana and crime ( all thoroughly sourced with crime data - that got him snubbed by his leftist buddies and has since been proven true). Other than that, all Twitter - used countries, city, state Covid data to show trends. Twitter quickly banned him ( and he now has a suit going through 9th circuit court) and hopefully wins. Since Twitter ban, he went to substack. Feel free to subscribe (free) , read them all, then Come back on here and layout what you disagree with. Or continue to be like Lynchburg Wildcat...
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote:So then, what would make Berenson's take "uneducated". or worthy of dismissal?
I'm just stating that all opinions aren't equal.

I'm not familiar with Berenson's medical expertise and training and don't follow him so I'm not passing judgement on him specifically. Just stating that some opinions are far more educated and intelligently researched than others so we have to be cautious not to weigh everyone's opinion and/or perspective equally.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
But no one is promoting equal validity of all ideas.

Why wouldn't knee-jerk conformity to academic consensus be a concern? Should we ever be cautious of that?
By tyndal23
Yacht Rock wrote: March 10th, 2022, 9:20 pm
paradox wrote:So then, what would make Berenson's take "uneducated". or worthy of dismissal?

I'm not familiar with Berenson's medical expertise and training and don't follow him so I'm not passing judgement on him specifically. Just stating that some opinions are far more educated and intelligently researched than others so we have to be cautious not to weigh everyone's opinion and/or perspective equally.
This post sums up American current day Twitter and current thought process. “ I don’t follow him”, didn’t read the article, therefore I have no idea what he said, but I am going to make a comment on his education and “credentials” without having a clue what they are....then get called out and reply with some mind numbing “cautious not to weigh everyone’s opinion and/or perspective equally”.
flamehunter liked this
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote:
Yacht Rock wrote: March 10th, 2022, 9:20 pm

This post sums up American current day Twitter and current thought process. “ I don’t follow him”, didn’t read the article, therefore I have no idea what he said, but I am going to make a comment on his education and “credentials” without having a clue what they are....then get called out and reply with some mind numbing “cautious not to weigh everyone’s opinion and/or perspective equally”.
I know who he is and I have read his content. But, I've read enough of his stuff and what he's said to not "follow him" as you do. I didn't need to dive deeper into his musings because it felt like a waste of my time.

He may have medical training and experience that I'm not aware of that might give his opinion more weight, but it's not there on the surface.

Like I said, he doesn't have the bonafides for his opinion to have more weight than real professionals that I actually know personally. Horribly misguided people have gone to college, been journalists, and written fiction and non-fiction. I'm not sure what experience this dude has that would make me trust his views. Unless you're looking at confirmation bias, in which case, you do you.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Berenson has been wildly misrepresenting statistics since the start of the pandemic. He uses real numbers but tells you they mean things that they don't. For instance, the death chart he uses in the article quoted above has this underneath it:
"In the context of very high vaccine coverage in the population, even with a highly effective vaccine, it is expected that a large proportion of cases, hospitalisations and deaths would occur in vaccinated individuals, simply because a larger proportion of the population are vaccinated than unvaccinated and no vaccine is 100% effective. This is especially true because vaccination has been prioritised in individuals who are more susceptible or more at risk of severe disease. Individuals in risk groups may also be more at risk of hospitalisation or death due to non-COVID-19 causes, and thus may be hospitalised or die with COVID-19 rather than because of COVID-19."

The very same report includes 11 pages dedicated to the actual efficacy data which continues to look pretty darn good, especially effectiveness in preventing severe illness and death.

Berenson also includes this gem in his article: "Using a broader definition, which may include more incidental deaths unrelated to Covid infections, the numbers are even worse, with 5,871 vaccinated people dying compared to 570 unvaccinated. (The United States does not publicly provide this data; it is not even clear American public health authorities collect it comprehensively.)"
This is so incredibly misleading. He's talking about non-COVID deaths now, I guess to suggest that vaccines are killing people. But these numbers don't mean that at all. 92% of people ages 12 and up in the UK have gotten at least one dose, which is Berenson's marker for being vaccinated. So lets say there's 1000 people, 920 will be vaccinated and 80 won't. Now, lets say 10% of each group die. You will have *92 vaccinated people die and only 8 unvaccinated people die. Now if I were to say to you "hey, out of 1000 people, *92 vaccinated people died and only 8 unvaccinated people died, see? vaccines are killing people!" But that's misleading because they are dying at the exact same rate.

Berenson is not an idiot. That's been well established. He's a liar. That's why people stop following him. When someone lies to me, I stop listening to them.
Last edited by stokesjokes on March 11th, 2022, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 11th, 2022, 8:25 am Are you questioning his statistics?
His interpretation of them? Absolutely. He's either ignorant or willfully misleading people.

And nothing about his experience indicate he's remotely qualified to assess the data he's trying to parse to develop conclusions.

Sure, he has an opinion. But to be honest, so does my crazy cousin and their opinions in this matter weigh about the same. I'm sure he writes a rocking spy novel though.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]