This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By tyndal23
Ill flame wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 10:57 pm It's crazy how Rutgers declined and then saw all these 5-7 teams jumping all over themselves to play and then quickly changed their mind. The jaguars owner was pushing hard for Illinois to get the bid since he's an alumni but it looks like he won't get his way.
Ha - I would bet Rutgers didn’t tell Schiano before initially declining, then he caught wind of it...
TH Spangler liked this
By Ill flame
tyndal23 wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 11:33 pm
Ill flame wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 10:57 pm It's crazy how Rutgers declined and then saw all these 5-7 teams jumping all over themselves to play and then quickly changed their mind. The jaguars owner was pushing hard for Illinois to get the bid since he's an alumni but it looks like he won't get his way.
Ha - I would bet Rutgers didn’t tell Schiano before initially declining, then he caught wind of it...
It's evident where their administration's priorities are and it's no surprise Rutgers is mediocre. Same applies to Illinois, the only difference is Bert announced it on Twitter asap to force the administration's hand. Something tells me that wouldn't be an issue at liberty
By tyndal23
Ill flame wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 11:49 pm
tyndal23 wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 11:33 pm
It's evident where their administration's priorities are and it's no surprise Rutgers is mediocre. Same applies to Illinois, the only difference is Bert announced it on Twitter asap to force the administration's hand. Something tells me that wouldn't be an issue at liberty
Apparently there is an NCAA “oversight committee” ruling tomorrow on player safety since Rutgers hasn’t practiced in 4 weeks ( who knew there was an oversight committee on bowls ? - always learning, never surprised...
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 12:28 am who knew there was an oversight committee on bowls ?
That sounds like Ballcoach's dream job!
:oldhag :nono
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I just checked in with my UNC PhD virologist buddy 😄 Here's what she told me.

""Take everything you hear in the media with a grain of salt. The misinformation is getting out of hand! There really should be more people expressing that omicron is a good development. And that we need to clearly define goals because the strategy is different depending on what we want to accomplish. At this point, the pandemic has to end in endemic covid. It will never end in covid disappearing. Which means we will almost all be exposed at some point. And remembering that vaccines do not prevent covid, they just help you fight it when you get exposed. Definitely not continual boosters, which is not sustainable or helpful based on the biology of the virus. I have not been boosted myself. My vaccine was 9+ months ago. I am taking a lot of precautions to get me through the worst of this winter season and hope for the best.""
stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
This seems like the common sentiment I’m hearing too. If it’s gonna be with us, let it be a milder version. Everyone will get it and have some level of immunity eventually. For now, it seems like it still can be serious for the unvaxxed, but much milder in the vaxxed.

Latest stat with Omicron is that the two initial doses reduce chance of hospitalization by 63%, but booster ups that to 84%.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 21268436v1
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: January 7th, 2022, 3:25 pm I just checked in with my UNC PhD virologist buddy 😄 Here's what she told me.

""Take everything you hear in the media with a grain of salt. The misinformation is getting out of hand! There really should be more people expressing that omicron is a good development. And that we need to clearly define goals because the strategy is different depending on what we want to accomplish. At this point, the pandemic has to end in endemic covid. It will never end in covid disappearing. Which means we will almost all be exposed at some point. And remembering that vaccines do not prevent covid, they just help you fight it when you get exposed. Definitely not continual boosters, which is not sustainable or helpful based on the biology of the virus. I have not been boosted myself. My vaccine was 9+ months ago. I am taking a lot of precautions to get me through the worst of this winter season and hope for the best.""
I mean this is what virus’ do. This has been a good thing since the S African authorities confirmed
By LU 57
stokesjokes wrote: January 7th, 2022, 4:26 pm For now, it seems like it still can be serious for the unvaxxed, but much milder in the vaxxed.
Not so sure about this; although no one is allowed to say that in mainstream media. If you have Spotify you should check out the interviews Rogan did with Doctors Robert Malone and Peter McCullough. It seems that there is a fair amount of evidence that the vaccines are making folks more susceptible to Omicron, among other problems. Any mention of this in media immediately gets one taken down by YouTube, Twitter, FB, etc.
JCS Flames Fan 31 liked this
By JCS Flames Fan 31
After nearly 2 years working everyday amongst the public My wife and I (both unvaxxed) finally got it and are just getting over it. We basically didn't feel good for a couple days ( headaches, sluggish, mild cough, and a little achy), I for one am glad I finally got it so I can have the antibodies for it. Omicron does seem to be the variant that's gonna help us hopefully get over this once and for all, but I know that's wishful thinking with this current administration :|
By LU 57
I reluctantly got vaxxed due to company pressure. Got the virus after Christmas. My wife who is unvaxxed got it as well. It seems like we both had about the same level of illness, low grade fever, congestion, fatigue, etc. No big deal, although I am religious about high quality Vitamin B, C, and D supplements.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Alyssa Liu is a 16yo Women’s figure skater, the favorite to win US Nationals coming into this weekend. The event is not a trials, but it is a big part of Olympic team selections.

Tested positive for covid and now out. Fully vaccinated. Showing zero symptoms. This is stupid!
rtb72, flamehunter liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
More like slight-case-of-the-sniffles Mary. Strange days, my friends. .............And lest we forget: wet willies are actually illegal is some states. So, take heed dear brothers. Take heed.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like Omicron is a South African lab leak. Which lab is known, but hasn't been released publicly according to a scientist interview on TV this morning. Not as dangerous as orig Covid19. Might even help some people with natural immunity, time will tell.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 13th, 2022, 8:32 am Put this under the “scathing letter” category. I now wait to see how this guys credibility will now be attacked. Wonder if St Fauci will call him a Moron

https://swprs.org/professor-ehud-qimron ... UQ5KIv7Ciw
While I was reading this a thought passed my mind. Children seem to have no problem defeating this virus with their young strong immune system. I wonder if they might be what defeats it .... for all us us?
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
It’s interesting to hear a perspective outside of the US. Comparatively, they’ve handled the virus aspect quite well vs the US, but the question he raises is “at what cost?”
We have nearly 3x as many deaths per capita as Israel (8,290 deaths, population 9,217,000 vs. 843,000 deaths for 329,000,000 population, meaning .09% of all Israelis have died of Covid, while .25% of all Americans have). Clearly something Israel did worked. It will take a long time to flesh out exactly what worked, what didn’t, and what the cost of those measures were.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: January 13th, 2022, 10:29 am It’s interesting to hear a perspective outside of the US. Comparatively, they’ve handled the virus aspect quite well vs the US, but the question he raises is “at what cost?”
We have nearly 3x as many deaths per capita as Israel (8,290 deaths, population 9,217,000 vs. 843,000 deaths for 329,000,000 population, meaning .09% of all Israelis have died of Covid, while .25% of all Americans have). Clearly something Israel did worked. It will take a long time to flesh out exactly what worked, what didn’t, and what the cost of those measures were.
Maybe an over all better healthcare system and better health in general?
stokesjokes liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: January 13th, 2022, 10:29 am It’s interesting to hear a perspective outside of the US. Comparatively, they’ve handled the virus aspect quite well vs the US, but the question he raises is “at what cost?”
What we don’t know is what % of those would’ve died anyway.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: January 13th, 2022, 10:59 am
TH Spangler wrote: January 13th, 2022, 10:45 am Maybe an over all better healthcare system
Whoa there, Bernie, you’re doing my bleeding heart proud 😉
You left out the first part of his statement which is much more accurate. You also have a bit of a difference in how deaths are reported. So when combining those two of wagef it’s not that big of a discrepancy
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, just ribbing him on the suggestion that a nationalized healthcare system is better than ours.

As to the healthier populace, it stands to reason that one of the contributing factors is their better healthcare system. Easier access to routine and preventative care goes a long way.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
If 75% of the deaths had 4 or more comorbidities, it's likely a large number of them were not actual deaths from Covid.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]