This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Today (Dec. 13) marks my 3-month anniversary of checking out of the LGH having recovered from COVID after an 8-day stay in the hospital. My bill before insurance was over $43K; after insurance, my bill was $3,697.

When my wife called the hospital today to enquire about our bill, they told her that since my hospital stay was due to COVID, we didn't owe them a dime!

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Should I send a thank you card to President Biden?
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 13th, 2021, 6:50 pm Today (Dec. 13) marks my 3-month anniversary of checking out of the LGH having recovered from COVID after an 8-day stay in the hospital. My bill before insurance was over $43K; after insurance, my bill was $3,697.

When my wife called the hospital today to enquire about our bill, they told her that since my hospital stay was due to COVID, we didn't owe them a dime!

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Should I send a thank you card to President Biden?
C'mon man, you could have gone to the feed store and bought Ivermectin much cheaper. :lol:

Congrats on your health and your bank account!
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 13th, 2021, 6:50 pm Today (Dec. 13) marks my 3-month anniversary of checking out of the LGH having recovered from COVID after an 8-day stay in the hospital. My bill before insurance was over $43K; after insurance, my bill was $3,697.

Thats great news!

From this article it sounds hit and miss. Sounds like most insurance companies went back to making patients pay deductibles after Jan 1st 2021.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... eductible/
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts

Yeah, my wife had a similar experience to you, and our insurance co said that we should not have to pay anything. It's still a pain with all the various interests still billing us (Lincare, Dr's, etc), but Aetna says they'll pay it.

I was getting ready for a fun ride with the billing, as the very first bill we got was from an ER doc who didn't even see my wife, only thing this individual did was admit her to the hospital. Bill was absurd. After that you kind of know what's coming. And we've been through all this before with other long hospitalizations, but this whole thing being covered is amazing.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: December 21st, 2021, 8:17 pm Wondering how many more bowl games get played...
Have some been canceled? I haven’t been paying close attention
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: December 21st, 2021, 9:39 pm
tyndal23 wrote: December 21st, 2021, 8:17 pm Wondering how many more bowl games get played...
Have some been canceled? I haven’t been paying close attention
Not yet, but NHL is paused, NBA is upping testing. Not sure if their is a uniform protocol for bowls - if it is test only with symptoms - no issue. If it is test everyone multiple times before kickoff - it is probably going to be a mess.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 4:47 pm Texas A&M just bailed on the Gator Bowl.
“Bailed?” You of all people are going to bag on a team ride with COVID?

Rivalries sure run deep in the heart of Texas! :lol:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ESPN says Illinois and Marshall are interested, but their source is tweets from the respective coaches.

Wake AD says at least five schools have shown interest.

Just not going to get an opponent the caliber of TA&M or Wake. Good ones all have bowls this week. So give another team a second bowl? Or a 5-7 like Illinois takes a beating? Probably get a better matchup out of a team that already played in a bowl. Ultimately Gator committee decides.
By tyndal23
JK37 wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 7:56 pm ESPN says Illinois and Marshall are interested, but their source is tweets from the respective coaches.

Wake AD says at least five schools have shown interest.

Just not going to get an opponent the caliber of TA&M or Wake. Good ones all have bowls this week. So give another team a second bowl? Or a 5-7 like Illinois takes a beating? Probably get a better matchup out of a team that already played in a bowl. Ultimately Gator committee decides.
I imagine they are trying to figure out how to invite Nebraska over Illinois for ticket sales, would love to hear the justification if it happens.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Gotta think A and M is trying to see how they can get protocols changed
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 10:09 pm Gotta think A and M is trying to see how they can get protocols changed
A&M wants no part of it with 1 QB and opt outs. Would be Florida last year.
By tyndal23
stokesjokes wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 10:37 pm Gonna be Buttgers
Schiano will play anyone/anywhere on a parking lot with 24 hour notice. Love him or hate him, have to respect his mentality. And he would do it with no upside. ( that’s what AD’s are for )
By Ill flame
It's crazy how Rutgers declined and then saw all these 5-7 teams jumping all over themselves to play and then quickly changed their mind. The jaguars owner was pushing hard for Illinois to get the bid since he's an alumni but it looks like he won't get his way.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Would be fun to be fly on that wall.

Who are the best traveling fan bases available? Nebraska is a good one.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]