This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Munich is a better city to visit than Paris. There I said it. Even though I didn't make it out there, Neuschwanstein Castle is supposedly incredible in the German Alps. Obviously Walt Disney thought so.

Now back to the vaccination recovery discussion ...
I have not been invited to the party yet. I too had the RONA. I was #8 in Bedford County to have it... That was when the newspaper gave a play by play for how many people had it in each jurisdiction. I will let you know when I do get vaccinated. Are you hesitant to get the second dose?
Sly Fox wrote: March 8th, 2021, 5:52 pm Munich is a better city to visit than Paris. There I said it. Even though I didn't make it out there, Neuschwanstein Castle is supposedly incredible in the German Alps. Obviously Walt Disney thought so.

Now back to the vaccination recovery discussion ...
That was the trip I wanted. But I’ve been there. Neuschwanstein Castle is everything you’ve heard and then some. Breath taking doesn’t do it justice.
Munich was awesome and obviously modern. It’s cool how it’s built in rings. The BMW factory was also pretty cool
Who knows. I have 7 weeks of vacation at this point. We might stay 4 weeks :D
I plan on getting the second dose although I have heard from several that reaction to it is usually stronger than the first. I do plan on having my schedule cleared for at least two days following injection. So I will likley schedule on a Friday just to be safe.
I thought if you had gotten covin19 and recovered you had developed the nessary antibodies. There's so much contradictory information flying around I'm still holding out on the vaccination, just practicing social distancing. Sly whats your left over heart issue? Irregular beat or increased rate? Hope its not a valve issue. You are one determined man to get another dose after all you've been through.
I experienced AFIB reegularly and had serious enough issues that my PCP really pushed for me to see a cardiologist. With my terrible self-employed insurance I chose a nutritionist we trusted to try alternative treatment and that has regulated the heart issues ... as long as I stay on the dietary restrictions. I would like to admit that I have been disciplined for 8 months but that would be a lie.

My wife and I run a student Bible study and we want to do everything in our power to be protective of the kids and give reassurance to their parents. Honestly I didn't expect the reaction. Most of the ones who I had heard in the past week or so having severe reactions were from the J&J vax. But we have come this far so we might as well finish the deal.

It should also be noted that due to spending much of the past 15 years pre-pandemic traveling to 3rd World nations where vaccinations are required for entry, I have had scores of shots with no side effects. Perhaps I brought some bravado into the first dose.
TH Spangler liked this
Sly, that sounds terrible. I had some random chest pain for a few weeks after, but thankfully that resolved.

@flameshaw, to answer your antibodies question, I was told that I reliably have up to about 6 months of immunity from having COVID before I’d be susceptible to having it again.
stokesjokes wrote: March 9th, 2021, 7:43 am Sly, that sounds terrible. I had some random chest pain for a few weeks after, but thankfully that resolved.

@flameshaw, to answer your antibodies question, I was told that I reliably have up to about 6 months of immunity from having COVID before I’d be susceptible to having it again.
And how long will the vaccine give you?
flamehunter liked this
stokesjokes wrote: March 9th, 2021, 9:43 am The longest studies currently available are with people who got the vaccine 3-4 months ago, and they still show robust immunity. After that, it’s just guessing, but I’ve seen estimates between 1-10 years.
There's to much guessing going on, that's the problem.
There is plenty of good data out there that proves the vaccine is safe for MOST people but there is a lot of missing data in regards to how long it lasts because it is still so new. I have known enough people who have had COVID and have some pretty awful lingering side effects that getting the vaccine when available to me was a no brainer after reading up on them. I do totally understand why some people are hesitant and if you feel unsure about it then don't get it. I really don't like how some people are trying to guilt people into getting it/not getting it. You've got to do your own research and talk to medical professionals you trust and make the decision you feel is best for you and your family.
Report I heard is it lasts 8 or 9 months. They want you to get a new one every year. If they start making people show prof of vaccination to board an airplane or enter an indoor venue I'm concerned about where they're taking us.

:dontgetit
stokesjokes wrote: March 9th, 2021, 10:31 am Hopefully they’ll leave that up to the airlines to decide. We should get to the point where everyone who wants a vaccine gets one. After that, if you get the virus, that’s on you.
They can be very convincing in asking for “voluntary measures”
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: March 9th, 2021, 11:16 am Has there been any indication that this is even a possibility or just fears of democrats?
Yes, the IATA is pushing for vaccine passports to jumpstart the travel industry.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-55048438
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory ... s-76331658
I got my first round of Moderna on 3/2 (brewers are essential in NC!). My arm was extremely sore the next day, but no other symptoms. My wife got Pfizer on 2/28 and had the same symptoms. I'm getting round 2 on 3/30 and she gets hers on 3/21 I believe.
thepostman wrote: March 9th, 2021, 12:49 pm Interesting. I can see it becoming a thing for international flights as that isn't totally unheard of but domestically it seems like a losing fight.
I sincerely hope it is a losing fight
thepostman wrote: March 9th, 2021, 11:16 am Has there been any indication that this is even a possibility or just fears of democrats?
Indication that the Government can be convincing when it wants you to take “Voluntary Measures”? That’s sort of a long and distinguished history. Sort of a feature of Government
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 9th, 2021, 10:24 am Report I heard is it lasts 8 or 9 months. They want you to get a new one every year. If they start making people show prof of vaccination to board an airplane or enter an indoor venue I'm concerned about where they're taking us.

:dontgetit
This is what concerns me.
CDC already saying those who have been fully vaccinated for at least two weeks can meet together without masks. How much of a leap is it to where they (gov't, private businesses/stores, etc) start asking for your "papers" to verify that you don't need the mask?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]