This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
So what’s ESPN going to be broadcasting for the next month or so?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: March 12th, 2020, 8:41 pm Classic pro wrestling of course.
Dick the bruiser v Bo Bo Brazil
That would be awesome!
By BlueBlood
LU posted a March 13, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. ET update:

Current Operating Status: Normal
Liberty University is open and operating normally.

Students - Classes are in session
Spring Break will begin March 16-20
Students should return to campus on March 23

(which is no change) So, the school is either going to pull a rabbit out of the hat on stage at Convocation, or is truly sticking to its guns.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote:LU posted a March 13, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. ET update:

Current Operating Status: Normal
Liberty University is open and operating normally.

Students - Classes are in session
Spring Break will begin March 16-20
Students should return to campus on March 23

(which is no change) So, the school is either going to pull a rabbit out of the hat on stage at Convocation, or is truly sticking to its guns.
Hey, if someone's going to side with the diminishing argument that this is all a hoax, it's gonna be Jr, LOL.

Someone posted on social media yesterday, "Do you actually know anyone who has coronavirus? It's not actually happening folks! Media Conspiracy!"

I just shake my head.
By BlueBlood
When Liberty wasn't among the schools that took quick and decisive action, I didn't think too much about it. I figured Jr was just holding Trump's initial "we have the virus very well under control' line.

A lot has changed since then though.

Are there any other schools of Liberty's size that haven't announced some form of modified schedule / course delivery?
By UVALibertyFan
Registration Days Posts
Jr was on Fox & Friends this morning, acknowledged that large gatherings have been canceled but as of now classes on campus would continue. He did leave some flexibility to change that.

He said people are "overreacting" for political reasons to get Trump and also mentioned a random conspiracy theory that North Korea had gotten together with China and this is their "Christmas present" for America. So yeah... that's where his thinking is right now...

He also just tweeted the conspiracy theory with a link if anyone wants to watch what he said.
By Jonathan Carone
It's, you know, impeachment didn't work, and the Mueller Report didn't work, and Article 25 didn't work. And so maybe now, this is their next — their next attempt to get Trump.

But I had a — the owner of a restaurant asked me last night, he said, do you remember the North Korean leader promised a Christmas present for America, back in December? Could it be they got together with China, and this is that present? I don't know. But it really is something strange going on.

- Jerry Falwell Jr
For those that don't want to watch.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: March 13th, 2020, 10:15 am
It's, you know, impeachment didn't work, and the Mueller Report didn't work, and Article 25 didn't work. And so maybe now, this is their next — their next attempt to get Trump.

But I had a — the owner of a restaurant asked me last night, he said, do you remember the North Korean leader promised a Christmas present for America, back in December? Could it be they got together with China, and this is that present? I don't know. But it really is something strange going on.

- Jerry Falwell Jr
For those that don't want to watch.
Sounds like he's getting his information from reputable sources.
ballcoach15 liked this
By cruzan_flame13
The reactions that we're having are quite similar with the swine flu pandemic about a decade ago. The government is reacting the same way and the masses is losing their minds as we're told the death toll and cases are getting worst. There's nothing new under the sun.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: March 13th, 2020, 11:47 am The reactions that we're having are quite similar with the swine flu pandemic about a decade ago. The government is reacting the same way and the masses is losing their minds as we're told the death toll and cases are getting worst. There's nothing new under the sun.
You might wanna read up on the response to the Swine Flu. That was a much worse problem. I would argue people are being overly cautious now because of how devastating that was.
By BlueBlood
My daughter absolutely loves LU. When she made her college selection, I worried about days like this.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Here’s a great question. Let’s define terms. When you hear hoax as it refers to the Wuhan Virus/Corona Virus what does that mean to you? That it’s a Chinese Plot? That it’s a Liberal lie designed to take down Trump? That there is no such thing as the Wuhan/Corona Virus? That it’s a real thing but not as bad as being portrayed? It seems in this environment it’s important everyone knows the definition of the term being used.
Personally I absolutely believe it’s danger is being overblown. But I don’t see it as a Chinese North Korean or Liberal plot. I know it exists. I know it is out there. So if I hear “hoax” my mind goes to the thought process that it’s dangers being propagated are a hoax, not the actual disease itself
By BlueBlood
My daughter has a compromised immune system. She takes drugs to ward off most of the bad stuff. Obviously, there isn't a drug to do that here. Tough personal decisions ahead.

I'm sure if my kid was in perfect health, I wouldn't think this is nearly as reckless as I do. But, knowing that there are lots of kids like my daugher in the student population - this is reckless.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 13th, 2020, 12:14 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: March 13th, 2020, 11:47 am The reactions that we're having are quite similar with the swine flu pandemic about a decade ago. The government is reacting the same way and the masses is losing their minds as we're told the death toll and cases are getting worst. There's nothing new under the sun.
You might wanna read up on the response to the Swine Flu. That was a much worse problem. I would argue people are being overly cautious now because of how devastating that was.
4,000 people died in the US from Swine Flu and 18,000 worldwide. Obama did declare it a National Emergency, but the overall response was not a fraction of what we are seeing for Coronavirus.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 13th, 2020, 12:14 pm
That is a really good point and one I hadn't thought of.

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.