This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BlueBlood
Liberty posted this on main website at 6:20pm yesterday:

Coronavirus Information and Updates

Current Operating Status: Normal
Liberty University is open and operating normally.

We urge students, faculty & staff to reconsider travel plans that might increase the risk of exposure.

Students
Classes are in-session
Spring Break will begin March 16-20
Students should return to campus on March 23
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: March 12th, 2020, 11:29 am Here's a good recap of what various schools are doing

https://wset.com/news/coronavirus/schoo ... oronavirus
Mrs Purple would love for Appomatox to go virtual the rest of the year. She says teaching PE virtually would be easy!
Yacht Rock liked this
By BlueBlood
LU appears to be sticking to its guns.

Above-posted “Return to campus after spring break as scheduled” was again released/updated on March 12, 2020 at 10:30 a.m. ET
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Big 10 Big 12 and SEC cancelled Tournaments?
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 12th, 2020, 11:43 am
Yacht Rock wrote: March 12th, 2020, 11:29 am Here's a good recap of what various schools are doing

https://wset.com/news/coronavirus/schoo ... oronavirus
Mrs Purple would love for Appomatox to go virtual the rest of the year. She says teaching PE virtually would be easy!
I wouldn't mind a few virtual weeks. To be honest, I think it would help give my students a look at how a lot of jobs in the 21st Century are going to work.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
A lot of over-reaction in my opinion, in many corners of the country. Most people still must live, work and play.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 12th, 2020, 12:37 pm A lot of over-reaction in my opinion, in many corners of the country. Most people still must live, work and play.
People must play?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
According to my #sources the NCAA Tournament is going to be canceled. Imma need a minute
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Hmmm... UVA Virginia Tech other state schools choosing to be cautious. Liberty choosing not to. I would say the incompetent leadership is found at the one that's in the minority
Last edited by rogers3 on March 12th, 2020, 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
adam42381 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: March 12th, 2020, 12:53 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: March 12th, 2020, 12:37 pm A lot of over-reaction in my opinion, in many corners of the country. Most people still must live, work and play.
People must play?
He’s still wacky, but I’m with him on this. Play is important for health.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
I don't disagree with this, but play can still occur within a safe environment. Without it we'll have to deal with additional mental health issues in addition to any type of virus issues.
JK37 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 12th, 2020, 12:56 pm According to my #sources the NCAA Tournament is going to be canceled. Imma need a minute
I've been hearing this as well but I don't understand why it can't be postponed. Canceling it seems hasty.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: March 12th, 2020, 1:39 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: March 12th, 2020, 1:18 pm A lot of people's work is dependent upon play.
There will always be certain industries impacted by things like this.
This affects every industry. These cancellations not only affect the business involved, the businesses near them - it also shakes the confidence of all businesses to not do business as usual. This is going to put many businesses out of business. Companies are built with millions in reserves. I understand the urgency here, but this is over the top panic. there will be about 1,200 people who will die today from the seasonal Flu. I don't know about you - but I've had the flu twice in 30 years. I wash my hands and keep my hands away from my face during flu season. I stay home when I'm sick.
By BlueBlood
Despite the whole country cancelling everything - LU's March 12, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. ET update:

Students - Classes are in session
ballcoach15 liked this
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: March 12th, 2020, 3:47 pm
Yacht Rock wrote: March 12th, 2020, 1:39 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: March 12th, 2020, 1:18 pm A lot of people's work is dependent upon play.
There will always be certain industries impacted by things like this.
This affects every industry. These cancellations not only affect the business involved, the businesses near them - it also shakes the confidence of all businesses to not do business as usual. This is going to put many businesses out of business. Companies are built with millions in reserves. I understand the urgency here, but this is over the top panic. there will be about 1,200 people who will die today from the seasonal Flu. I don't know about you - but I've had the flu twice in 30 years. I wash my hands and keep my hands away from my face during flu season. I stay home when I'm sick.
Oh yes, this does spread across industries. There are several though, that will be impacted more than others. For example, vendors who cater to large events like NCAA Tourney and make most of their $$$ during that time, etc will face a bigger impact than I would.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: March 12th, 2020, 5:06 pm Despite the whole country cancelling everything - LU's March 12, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. ET update:

Students - Classes are in session
Yeah, it will be interesting if anything changes. Our district just increased measures overnight from yesterday’s communications. This whole thing will be fluid for awhile.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
You’d think with Trump taking this seriously, LU would take it seriously.

Yes, this is how we measure things now it appears.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: March 12th, 2020, 5:52 pm You’d think with Trump taking this seriously, LU would take it seriously.

Yes, this is how we measure things now it appears.
I’ve been thinking the same thing.

In today’s game you can’t have more th[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.