This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
I can't find the reference to a MTG quote or paraphrase of "God would never create an illness that harms people". Will someone provide a link.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
She didn't say that.

"I don’t buy it because I don’t believe in evolution. I don’t believe in that type of so-called science. I don’t believe in evolution, I believe in God."

That was her quote responding to a question from Bannon on his podcast when he asked about her stance on gain-of-function research. Which is an odd response but whatever.

So like everything on Twitter, she was taken out of context. Which was not really not needed since her comments were kind of out there on their own.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 14th, 2021, 11:59 am She didn't say that.

"I don’t buy it because I don’t believe in evolution. I don’t believe in that type of so-called science. I don’t believe in evolution, I believe in God."

That was her quote responding to a question from Bannon on his podcast when he asked about her stance on gain-of-function research. Which is an odd response but whatever.

So like everything on Twitter, she was taken out of context. Which was not really not needed since her comments were kind of out there on their own.
Macro or micro?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Since most gain-of-function research isn't talking about macroevolution, it seems like a fair bet it was all evolution but sure. There is a legit debate going on about gain-of-function research but the word crap sandwich she spoke on Bannon's podcast kind of misses the mark on that.

But the only thing she said about God was that she believes in Him so the tweet was disingenuous and now I feel silly for laughing at it.
Kricket liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 13th, 2021, 11:16 pm

This was legit funny.
One thing for sure, deadly viruses only existed outside the Garden of Eden. We got ourselves into this mess a long time ago :lol:

A family member with a PhD from UNC, that's done a lot of cancer research said its extremely easy to create such a viruses in a lab with genetic sequencing technologies and our understanding of infection protein domains of known viruses. The techniques are used all the time. They, UNC have spliced genes in the lab and combined genetic elements from one species into another using viruses. To put sequencing data into perspective, chimps and humans have 99% sequence similarity. and clearly are different. There are so many base pairs, 1% difference really matters.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
It's finally here, a meaningful debate about human existence. Greene vs. Ocasio-Cortez. After this debate, all the mysteries of life will be stunningly crystal clear for all to see.
flamehunter liked this
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: July 11th, 2021, 8:31 pm I finally broke down and subscribed to Fox Nation. Well its the best 5.99 a month I spend.

I listen to Carlson's full interview with Dr Yan. :shock:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/chinese-w ... an-lab.amp

Carlson said if she's right a couple people need to go to jail.
Carlson? You mean Tucker Carlson, the same man that claims the events of January 6 are a hoax? lol
adam42381 liked this
By cruzan_flame13
lynchburgwildcats wrote: July 12th, 2021, 8:23 pm
TH Spangler wrote: July 11th, 2021, 8:31 pm I finally broke down and subscribed to Fox Nation. Well its the best 5.99 a month I spend.

Carlson? You mean Tucker Carlson, the same man that claims the events of January 6 are a hoax? lol
When I see police officers willingly opening barricades and doors in a federal building (which can only be opened from the inside), I think its safe for people to question it. But hey you are are right about the shootings and burning cars...oh wait wrong season. That was peaceful :) .
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: July 12th, 2021, 10:06 pm
lynchburgwildcats wrote: July 12th, 2021, 8:23 pm

When I see police officers willingly opening barricades and doors in a federal building (which can only be opened from the inside), I think its safe for people to question it. But hey you are are right about the shootings and burning cars...oh wait wrong season. That was peaceful :) .
I just watched Lara Logan's 2 part series on NSA spying. They should know exactly what occurred. Wish we could trust them to be trustworthy. I really hope Trump, DeSantis, Pompeo and Scott get to the WH in 2024.

Fox Nation is worth the money.
By LU 57
I have enjoyed it, although I have not been able to dig into much. Tucker’s Chicago special was pretty unreal. Hard to imagine a place in the continental U.S. could be so lawless.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Tucker is an entertainer and shouldn't be looked upon as anymore than that. His inaccurate reporting on the military and its leadership are a big enough reason for me to doubt anything he reports on.

None of these prime time cable news "anchors" should be taken seriously. It is always evident when people are sourcing prime time cable news personalities. Rarely are those programs based in reality.
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote: July 13th, 2021, 10:50 am Tucker is an entertainer and shouldn't be looked upon as anymore than that. His inaccurate reporting on the military and its leadership are a big enough reason for me to doubt anything he reports on.

None of these prime time cable news "anchors" should be taken seriously. It is always evident when people are sourcing prime time cable news personalities. Rarely are those programs based in reality.
You are correct that no one should take them seriously. Nonetheless, the military industrial complex is nothing to be rooting for, although it is proudly acceptable to do so in this country without any questioning.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 13th, 2021, 10:50 am Tucker is an entertainer and shouldn't be looked upon as anymore than that. His inaccurate reporting on the military and its leadership are a big enough reason for me to doubt anything he reports on.

I took Dr Yan seriously. I'm sure Mike Pompeo does as well.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: July 13th, 2021, 11:17 am Did you take John Titor seriously too?
Please tell us what Dr Yan said that isn't true. Her credentials are legit. Her background matches. Her virology research is not new to anyone, she's been at it a while. You really should listen to the entire interview. Hopfully politics will not interfere with finding the truth about this Frankenstein that's been unleashed. :(
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/21/poli ... index.html

Here’s a good summary, but if you’re unfamiliar with the academic process of publishing a paper, let me tell you: don’t trust the conclusions of a paper that hasn’t been submitted for peer review. It seems like once the scientific community was actually able to review her papers, they tore them to shreds as hot garbage with questionable methods, citations, and funding.

But you didn’t answer my question: John Titor, legit? Y/N?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: July 13th, 2021, 11:17 am Did you take John Titor seriously too?
Do you take CNN seriously? 😆

The persuader in chief says to not believe any of them.

I do trust Mike Pompeo. A retired military leader, graduated 1st in his at the academy. Do you?

In today’s game you can’t have more th[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.