This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Infrastructure and technology has greatly impacted our ability to take measures like we are seeing. Not everyone has to show up at the grocery store to get their groceries. Not everyone has to go to school to learn. Not everyone has to go to the office to work. By leveraging that to make everyone's world a little smaller, it can greatly mitigate risk.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
As for spring sports, I think by canceling season, athletes, coaches and fans increase their chances of getting the virus. Reason being, if they are practicing and playing, they are in a controlled environment, in which measures can be taken to limit the spread. By going off in 50 different directions, it increases chances to pick up virus.
By dbackjon
Registration Days Posts
As for the Rodeo Clown in charge:

TRUMPS OWN WORDS ON CORONAVIRUS

January 22: Trump on Coronavirus “We have it totally under control”!

January 24: Trump on Coronavirus “It will all work out well”!

January 30: Trump on Coronavirus “We have it very well under control, and I think its going to have a very good ending. So that I can assure you”!

February 2: Trump on Coronavirus “Well, we pretty much shut it down coming in from China, but we did shut it down!” No clue whatsoever of the severity of what’s coming.

February 10: On Fox News Trump says without evidence that the coronavirus "dies with the hotter weather” "You know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat

February 24: Trump tweeted another baselessly claims: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA.”

February 25: Trump falsely claims : you may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re ALL getting better! Obviously he doesn’t care for those who died from it. (Like captured soldiers)

February 26: Trump wrongly says the coronavirus "is a flu"

February 26: Trump baselessly predicts the number of US cases is "going very substantially down" to "close to zero”

February 26: Trump wrongly says the flu death rate is "much higher" than Dr. Sanjay Gupta said. Coronavirus has 10X death rate compared to flu. If 60K die from flu then 600K will die from Coronavirus!

February 27: Trump baselessly said: "It's going to disappear. One day -- it's like a miracle -- it will disappear.

February 28: Trump said at a rally: Coronavirus is a democratic” Hoax”. No, it was a warning he did not listen to as usual. It’s always all about him.

March 2: Trump falsely claims "nobody knew" the number of US flu deaths, nope he’s the only one that doesn’t know as usual.

March 2: Trump says a vaccine is coming "relatively soon” Trump did not mention that CDC had told him earlier that day that a vaccine was "a year to a year and a half" away.

March 5: Trump wrongly claims the virus only hit the US "three weeks ago” Trump was informed of a confirmed case on January 21(6 weeks prior). He lied.

March 5: World Health Organization (WHO) based on data collected around the world stated the global mortality rate for coronavirus at 3.4%. Trump says :”I think the 3.4 % is really a false number, this is just my “Hunch”! (Hunch over Facts in Trumps world)

March 6: As the number of cases and deaths in Italy rises, Trump says
“I hear the numbers getting much better in Italy” Another Lie.

March 6: Trump falsely claims anybody can get tested if they want.That wasn't true. There were an insufficient number of tests available, as Pence said the day prior, and Americans could not get tested simply because they wanted to get tested. "You may not get a test unless a doctor or public health official prescribes a test,"

March 6: Trump baselessly muses that "maybe" the coronavirus improved US jobs numbers, Trump never thinks in terms of people and families losing lives… just numbers to boost his ego.

March 11: Trump TV speech wrongly states Insurance companies will pay for patients Coronavirus treatment. Next day Insurance Coalition corrected Trump and said they will pay ONLY for Co-payments ,NOT Treatment. Big Difference!

March 11: Trump TV speech wrongly states his Travel Ban to Europe will “apply to the tremendous amount of trade and large”. Next day white House Officials corrected Trump misinformation and said” Travel ban will NOT include trade!”. Trumps can’t even read a Teleprompter correctly.

March 11: Trump’s Ban to Europe does NOT include Britain and Scotland, were there are more confirmed coronavirus cases than in some European countries.
Trump owns Golf Resorts in Britain and Scotland, I’m sure that’s just a coincidence.
adam42381 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I quit reading that screed early on. But your last point is something you might want to research instead of just copy and paste. There is a reason the UK is exempt. But it has nothing to do with Trump properties since he owns them all over the world
thepostman liked this
By Ill flame
ballcoach15 wrote: March 13th, 2020, 1:23 pm As for spring sports, I think by canceling season, athletes, coaches and fans increase their chances of getting the virus. Reason being, if they are practicing and playing, they are in a controlled environment, in which measures can be taken to limit the spread. By going off in 50 different directions, it increases chances to pick up virus.
The idea is that hopefully only one or two people would get it instead of everyone getting it at once and overloading the healthcare system.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: March 13th, 2020, 2:00 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: March 13th, 2020, 1:23 pm As for spring sports, I think by canceling season, athletes, coaches and fans increase their chances of getting the virus. Reason being, if they are practicing and playing, they are in a controlled environment, in which measures can be taken to limit the spread. By going off in 50 different directions, it increases chances to pick up virus.
The idea is that hopefully only one or two people would get it instead of everyone getting it at once and overloading the healthcare system.
Logic doesn't exist in that dojo.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
dbackjon wrote: March 13th, 2020, 1:52 pm As for the Rodeo Clown in charge:

TRUMPS OWN WORDS ON CORONAVIRUS

January 22: Trump on Coronavirus “We have it totally under control”!

January 24: Trump on Coronavirus “It will all work out well”!

January 30: Trump on Coronavirus “We have it very well under control, and I think its going to have a very good ending. So that I can assure you”!

February 2: Trump on Coronavirus “Well, we pretty much shut it down coming in from China, but we did shut it down!” No clue whatsoever of the severity of what’s coming.

February 10: On Fox News Trump says without evidence that the coronavirus "dies with the hotter weather” "You know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat

February 24: Trump tweeted another baselessly claims: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA.”

February 25: Trump falsely claims : you may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re ALL getting better! Obviously he doesn’t care for those who died from it. (Like captured soldiers)

February 26: Trump wrongly says the coronavirus "is a flu"

February 26: Trump baselessly predicts the number of US cases is "going very substantially down" to "close to zero”

February 26: Trump wrongly says the flu death rate is "much higher" than Dr. Sanjay Gupta said. Coronavirus has 10X death rate compared to flu. If 60K die from flu then 600K will die from Coronavirus!

February 27: Trump baselessly said: "It's going to disappear. One day -- it's like a miracle -- it will disappear.

February 28: Trump said at a rally: Coronavirus is a democratic” Hoax”. No, it was a warning he did not listen to as usual. It’s always all about him.

March 2: Trump falsely claims "nobody knew" the number of US flu deaths, nope he’s the only one that doesn’t know as usual.

March 2: Trump says a vaccine is coming "relatively soon” Trump did not mention that CDC had told him earlier that day that a vaccine was "a year to a year and a half" away.

March 5: Trump wrongly claims the virus only hit the US "three weeks ago” Trump was informed of a confirmed case on January 21(6 weeks prior). He lied.

March 5: World Health Organization (WHO) based on data collected around the world stated the global mortality rate for coronavirus at 3.4%. Trump says :”I think the 3.4 % is really a false number, this is just my “Hunch”! (Hunch over Facts in Trumps world)

March 6: As the number of cases and deaths in Italy rises, Trump says
“I hear the numbers getting much better in Italy” Another Lie.

March 6: Trump falsely claims anybody can get tested if they want.That wasn't true. There were an insufficient number of tests available, as Pence said the day prior, and Americans could not get tested simply because they wanted to get tested. "You may not get a test unless a doctor or public health official prescribes a test,"

March 6: Trump baselessly muses that "maybe" the coronavirus improved US jobs numbers, Trump never thinks in terms of people and families losing lives… just numbers to boost his ego.

March 11: Trump TV speech wrongly states Insurance companies will pay for patients Coronavirus treatment. Next day Insurance Coalition corrected Trump and said they will pay ONLY for Co-payments ,NOT Treatment. Big Difference!

March 11: Trump TV speech wrongly states his Travel Ban to Europe will “apply to the tremendous amount of trade and large”. Next day white House Officials corrected Trump misinformation and said” Travel ban will NOT include trade!”. Trumps can’t even read a Teleprompter correctly.

March 11: Trump’s Ban to Europe does NOT include Britain and Scotland, were there are more confirmed coronavirus cases than in some European countries.
Trump owns Golf Resorts in Britain and Scotland, I’m sure that’s just a coincidence.
This kind of one sided crap is just as irresponsible as Jr's North Korea conspiracy theories.
By rhezick
Really? So Jerry spouts off literally the most idiotic thing he's ever said, compared with Trump's own words ? Is it one sided ? Sure, no doubt. But is using Trump's own words the same as sounding like a literal nut bag by spouting fan fiction? I find that argument lacking. Compare Jerry's words to Scientology and your closer to an even comparison.

Regardless, can we please talk about how crazy his public appearance on Fox and friends was... What the heck is going on with him? Why is this still a political thing?
adam42381 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Governor of Virginia has closed all schools K-12 for 2 weeks. Even more proof that DNC is out to destroy the nation.
By rhezick
ballcoach15 wrote: March 13th, 2020, 2:59 pm Governor of Virginia has closed all schools K-12 for 2 weeks. Even more proof that DNC is out to destroy the nation.
So when a democratic gov closes schools it's the DNC at fault, but when Trump bans travel from Europe it's fine? Come on man, at least have argumentive consistency. Can't we just all stop politicizing the issue? That goes for our fearless leader (Jerry jr) as well.
adam42381 liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
rhezick wrote: March 13th, 2020, 2:55 pm Really? So Jerry spouts off literally the most idiotic thing he's ever said, compared with Trump's own words ? Is it one sided ? Sure, no doubt. But is using Trump's own words the same as sounding like a literal nut bag by spouting fan fiction? I find that argument lacking. Compare Jerry's words to Scientology and your closer to an even comparison.

Regardless, can we please talk about how crazy his public appearance on Fox and friends was... What the heck is going on with him? Why is this still a political thing?
He's mad all the attention is not on him and Liberty, so he's saying crazy stuff just to get attention. Its his MO, and its working as we're discussing him on here.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
DNC and media are driving the Coronavirus train. In the end Trump will be blamed for all the mess it has caused. Anyone who cant8see this, needs to visit their eye doctor.
TH Spangler liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
rhezick wrote: March 13th, 2020, 2:55 pm Really? So Jerry spouts off literally the most idiotic thing he's ever said, compared with Trump's own words ? Is it one sided ? Sure, no doubt. But is using Trump's own words the same as sounding like a literal nut bag by spouting fan fiction? I find that argument lacking. Compare Jerry's words to Scientology and your closer to an even comparison.

I was critical of that too.

It was not just his words but how they were framed without any kind of context.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
In his podcast today, Ben Shapiro gives the best and clearest explanation I have heard of why the measures being taken to reduce the spread of Coronavirus are prudent and worth the inconvenience

ATrain, chris leedlelee liked this
By chris leedlelee
Shapiro's analysis of this has basically been the best coverage that I have seen so far. He is very good at separating the petty politics from the actual necessity of collective action here.
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: March 13th, 2020, 5:26 pm Shapiro's analysis of this has basically been the best coverage that I have seen so far. He is very good at separating the petty politics from the actual necessity of collective action here.
Ballcoach needs to watch this. All you need to do is click on the arrow bc. 8)
ballcoach15 liked this
By Jonathan Carone
I’m listening to Malcolm Gladwell on Bill Simmons right now. It’s been an interesting conversation. Gladwell always has a really fascinating perspective.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 13th, 2020, 2:59 pm Governor of Virginia has closed all schools K-12 for 2 weeks. Even more proof that DNC is out to destroy the nation.
I'd argue that public schools are a net negative in our country right now. Thanks DNC!
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: March 13th, 2020, 9:45 pm
Yacht Rock wrote: March 13th, 2020, 10:06 am Not the brightest bulb in the shed.
And this man runs a school?
It’s not a school. It’s a business. Wait no, it’s a ministry. Wait...it changes depending on what argument is being made.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
WVA is the only state with no reports of the virus. Another reason to breakaway from Virginia. :D

Are West Virginians immune to this one :lol:
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I have a friend in WV who routinely works with the public. He started displaying symptoms, tested negative for strep throat, flu, etc... but they still wouldn't test him for Coronavirus due to the red tape in WV. There can't be any confirmed cases if you can't test people

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.