This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

adam42381 wrote:
RubberMallet wrote: March 4th, 2020, 6:49 pm
adam42381 wrote: For old white guys like you, that may very well be true.
Not for nothing but outside of the weeping and nashing of teeth and there is obviously still quite a bit of uncertainty as to who is actually responsible but over the past 3.5 years, a majority of almost ever demographic of people by income level and or race has stated that they are better off financially and job wise than they were 4 years ago.

I get the old white rich tropes are continually what are attacked and its probable that they still hold much of the advantage but that is going to take place under any form of government or any taxation plan.

sweden and denmark has more billionaires per capita than the US and those guys under those economies still have shelters and havens to protect them from the insane taxes levied against the rich in those countries.
If the only measure of a presidency is the economy, I guess that argument can be made.
Its the only real tangiable measure. A good economy has a trickle down effect into many other facets of US society. Foreign policy, less stress on social programs, etc etc.

But we are not talking about just economically, the majority of citizens have stated they are generally better off today then they were 4 years ago. most probably from a fiscal or work level but "general' means overall.

once again, that may have nothing to do with the president. there are too many factors to truly make that determination. And he's certainly not been a great president (revealed to basically be more of the same just louder) but for an incumbent president to win, the economy means everything.
warren always came off as phony.

one time i prepared a presentation in on the Oak Island mystery like in 5th or 6th grade. (we were supposed to do a presentation on some sort of mystery) yes that oak island. That day I lost my notecards and I had no idea where they were. I didn't really need them so was like oh well. Well as kids were giving their presentations one kid came up and started giving a presentation on the oak island mystery. I was like what no way! But all he did was basically jsut read my notecards. It sounded horrible. people were supposed to ask questions at the end. he was bombarded with questions and had no answer for them. he looked like a fool.

That is what warren sounded like anytime she tried to explain some policy. like it wasn't her idea and she was just going with the flow of what she thought people wanted. as stupid as people are, they want someone with just a little bit of conviction. her inability to speak on her platform of "medicare for all" without sounding like a buffoon sent her from being tied with biden to looking up at sanders back in november.
By LUDad
With only two people on the stage, Biben will be fully exposed in the next debate as long as his team isn't slipped a list of questions for him to prep for. His dementia will not allow him to go for that length of time without tons of slipsup. That even supposing softball questions by the press.
LUDad wrote: March 5th, 2020, 4:28 pm With only two people on the stage, Biben will be fully exposed in the next debate as long as his team isn't slipped a list of questions for him to prep for. His dementia will not allow him to go for that length of time without tons of slipsup. That even supposing softball questions by the press.
That’s a good point. He starts out strong but tends to fade. It’s easy to hide when there are 6 people on stage but not so much one on one. That’s assuming there is another debate
not sure whats gonna happen for bernie. if he can't beat a guy who literally told his supporters to vote for him on thursday, i'm assuming you aren't crushing the debates either.
Purple Haize wrote: March 5th, 2020, 5:27 pm
LUDad wrote: March 5th, 2020, 4:28 pm With only two people on the stage, Biben will be fully exposed in the next debate as long as his team isn't slipped a list of questions for him to prep for. His dementia will not allow him to go for that length of time without tons of slipsup. That even supposing softball questions by the press.
That’s a good point. He starts out strong but tends to fade. It’s easy to hide when there are 6 people on stage but not so much one on one. That’s assuming there is another debate
I hadn't considered the possibility, but I wouldn't put it past the DNC to just not schedule any more debates to protect Sleepy Joe. That would be short sighted though. It would only make things worse when he has to go one on one with Trump.
RubberMallet wrote: March 5th, 2020, 3:46 pm warren always came off as phony.

one time i prepared a presentation in on the Oak Island mystery like in 5th or 6th grade. (we were supposed to do a presentation on some sort of mystery) yes that oak island. That day I lost my notecards and I had no idea where they were. I didn't really need them so was like oh well. Well as kids were giving their presentations one kid came up and started giving a presentation on the oak island mystery. I was like what no way! But all he did was basically jsut read my notecards. It sounded horrible. people were supposed to ask questions at the end. he was bombarded with questions and had no answer for them. he looked like a fool.

That is what warren sounded like anytime she tried to explain some policy. like it wasn't her idea and she was just going with the flow of what she thought people wanted. as stupid as people are, they want someone with just a little bit of conviction. her inability to speak on her platform of "medicare for all" without sounding like a buffoon sent her from being tied with biden to looking up at sanders back in november.
Oak Island :rofl It's amazing how the History Channel has managed to milk 7 seasons out of nothing there.
after that presentation I'd become obsessed with that mystery. I followed news about it and the island properties changing hands and what not. I was very excited about the show and I've literally watched 7 seasons of it. around season 4 i began to really feel like this show had dashed the whole thing for me. That said, they still find cool stuff even though they basically follow the history channel script of everything revolving aroudn the knights templar.
By LUDad
oldflame wrote: March 5th, 2020, 6:52 pm
Purple Haize wrote: March 5th, 2020, 5:27 pm
I hadn't considered the possibility, but I wouldn't put it past the DNC to just not schedule any more debates to protect Sleepy Joe. That would be short sighted though. It would only make things worse when he has to go one on one with Trump.
There are suppose to be two more debates. One on March 15th and another in April TBD.

https://www.uspresidentialelectionnews. ... -schedule/
Jonathan Carone wrote: March 7th, 2020, 8:59 pm Bernie’s people are coming hard at Biden on the health angle. They’re claiming he’s not fit mentally to be president.
I’m not sure they are wrong. People comment about Trumps mental capacity but this is different entirely. Trump is riddled with ADHD and has more energy than people half his age Biden is something different. Watch him walk....that is if you can because the cameras rarely show him doing anything but move on stage. Even that is stilted. It’s tough to read from a teleprompter and I can chalk up some of these mistakes to that. But he’s been doing it for 4 decades. He shouldn’t be making these mistakes. His quick temperament changes to aggressive behavior is concerning.
The question being floated, and I agree with asking, is...everyone knows Biden is physically and mentally dubious for the rigors of the Presidency, so who will be pulling his strings and actually running the country’s policies? Again, people said that Chaney was the “Dark Force” running W, and you can debate that. What you can’t debate is that Biden will certainly not be the one calling the shots in his own Administration
All 3 of these candidates should probably avoid using the health angle. They are all 3 over 70 and have shown signs in the past of possible medical issues. Bernie was even hospitalized temporarily during this campaign.

I'm not saying there aren't concerns but it isn't one that should be focused on by any of the candidates.
Purple Haize wrote: March 7th, 2020, 11:01 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: March 7th, 2020, 8:59 pm Bernie’s people are coming hard at Biden on the health angle. They’re claiming he’s not fit mentally to be president.
I’m not sure they are wrong. People comment about Trumps mental capacity but this is different entirely. Trump is riddled with ADHD and has more energy than people half his age Biden is something different. Watch him walk....that is if you can because the cameras rarely show him doing anything but move on stage. Even that is stilted. It’s tough to read from a teleprompter and I can chalk up some of these mistakes to that. But he’s been doing it for 4 decades. He shouldn’t be making these mistakes. His quick temperament changes to aggressive behavior is concerning.
The question being floated, and I agree with asking, is...everyone knows Biden is physically and mentally dubious for the rigors of the Presidency, so who will be pulling his strings and actually running the country’s policies? Again, people said that Chaney was the “Dark Force” running W, and you can debate that. What you can’t debate is that Biden will certainly not be the one calling the shots in his own Administration
Trump has stated that some of Biden's handlers are "crazier than Bernie" and I recall one of the Daily Wire guys (I think it was Klavan) saying he agreed, but didn't want to name names yet. He's already said he wants to put Beto in charge of the guns. :vomit
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: March 8th, 2020, 5:06 am All 3 of these candidates should probably avoid using the health angle. They are all 3 over 70 and have shown signs in the past of possible medical issues. Bernie was even hospitalized temporarily during this campaign.

I'm not saying there aren't concerns but it isn't one that should be focused on by any of the candidates.
Not just hospitalized. Heart attack.
Jonathan Carone wrote: March 8th, 2020, 12:16 pm The argument as I understand it is Bernie’s was physical and was fixed. Biden’s is a mental and cognitive decline.
Yeah what Bernie had is basically routine and easy to recover from and manage. Cheney had far more serious coronary issues and served as a pretty hands on VP for 8 years
Biden is all cognitive. The campaign and handlers are rushing out to say “Oh, it’s his stuttering problem” “Trump doesn’t speak coherently either”. Both of which are pretty lame. Trump does do a bunch of free association speaking which can be quite dizzying but he makes points. You can also go back through the years and see this has gotten worse.
Jonathan Carone wrote: March 8th, 2020, 12:16 pm The argument as I understand it is Bernie’s was physical and was fixed. Biden’s is a mental and cognitive decline.
I know but to me when you get to the age any of these guys are it doesn't take much for any kind of health issue to turn into a serious issue.

People have been questioning Trump's cognitive and mental condition his entire presidency.

I'm not even trying to say none of these things aren't real medical issues but it seems silly for any supporter of these candidates to try to use health as some kind of weapon. They are all old dudes. Health will always be a concern.
here is the issue. bernie has been asked point blank about bidens cognitive issues and he's rolled over on the chance to attack it. i don't think thats going to stop. Bernie has shown us time and time again that he's as soft as butter sitting in the sun. his supporters can do all they want. until he goes in on it, it will be a moot point to CNN and MSNBC.
Purple Haize liked this
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]