This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: June 8th, 2020, 5:31 pm If Good gets the nomination, my family will not vote for him. I have a few dozen aunts/uncles/cousins in the area, plus my own parents, grandparents and siblings, all in the district. Some may not vote, some may write someone in or vote third party, some may even vote Democrat. However, you're looking at around 50 or so votes that won't be going to Bob Good. The district has gone blue before, and it could do so again.
From what I can gather it does not seem Good has the broad appeal Riggleman does in the District. Apparently the fact Riggleman performed a marriage ceremony (civil) for 2 of his campaign workers is his biggest transgression. Good seems to have some very specific backing and support that could carry him to the nomination. But I’m not sure it’s enough for the General
ATrain liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: June 8th, 2020, 7:17 pm
ATrain wrote: June 8th, 2020, 5:31 pm If Good gets the nomination, my family will not vote for him. I have a few dozen aunts/uncles/cousins in the area, plus my own parents, grandparents and siblings, all in the district. Some may not vote, some may write someone in or vote third party, some may even vote Democrat. However, you're looking at around 50 or so votes that won't be going to Bob Good. The district has gone blue before, and it could do so again.
From what I can gather it does not seem Good has the broad appeal Riggleman does in the District. Apparently the fact Riggleman performed a marriage ceremony (civil) for 2 of his campaign workers is his biggest transgression. Good seems to have some very specific backing and support that could carry him to the nomination. But I’m not sure it’s enough for the General
Exactly - especially in a presidential election year
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:[quote="Yacht Rock" post_id=601769 time=<a href="tel:1591652540" data-original-title="" title="">1591652540</a> user_id=3085]
Just wanted to chime in to say that money you spend on worker salary isn’t part of “profit.” To put it at a very basic level, profit would consist of money from sales minus the costs. The costs include employment wages.
While technically true, it is still impossible to pay employees without profit, no matter where it is reflected on the balance sheet. Can't work.[/quote]

It works all the time. You don’t pay employees with profit. That’s not how business works. That’s how a business can break even and stay in business while paying everyone. Profit is money beyond each employee getting paid what they’ve earned. Profit can be put toward growth.

Perhaps you are confusing income and profit, which are two different things.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: June 8th, 2020, 3:22 pm
I sure am glad you didn't graduate from the same school I did. Why do companies lay off people when profits decline? It is one of the fastest ways to help the bottom line. The only other thing that comes close is to lower the price of your incoming purchased materials and services. You do realize that most companies don't pay dividends?
I know I can't say this respectfully, but please be assured I am trying. The "profits are not used to employ people" statement, is probably the most ignorant comment ever made on this forum. 8)
Really? Most companies don't pay dividends? Mine does and almost all public traded firms do. I can argue that one with you all day. If you would like, I'll send you a prospectus from a publicly traded company. A reinvestment of profits on a balance sheet would increase assets such as PPE... and they might hire just so they could make the asset work. Have you missed the whole coal industry changes- reinvest in mechanization and dump employees- or rail industry changes in the last five years- drastic cuts to labor and investments in autonomous infrastructure? They laid people off so they could improve that bottom line or boost (as some in the business world like to call it) profits. You surely aren't an accountant.
Yes, we must have a different background. Mine got me a position teaching Business courses at a pretty decent college, so I'm not as ignorant as you say I am, but thank you for keeping my hubris in check.
Purple Haize, ATrain liked this
By Class of 20Something
Yacht Rock wrote: June 8th, 2020, 10:14 pm
flameshaw wrote:[quote="Yacht Rock" post_id=601769 time=<a href="tel:1591652540" data-original-title="" title="">1591652540</a> user_id=3085]
Just wanted to chime in to say that money you spend on worker salary isn’t part of “profit.” To put it at a very basic level, profit would consist of money from sales minus the costs. The costs include employment wages.
While technically true, it is still impossible to pay employees without profit, no matter where it is reflected on the balance sheet. Can't work.
It works all the time. You don’t pay employees with profit. That’s not how business works. That’s how a business can break even and stay in business while paying everyone. Profit is money beyond each employee getting paid what they’ve earned. Profit can be put toward growth.

[/quote]

How about we start using net and gross profit and nip most of this in the bud, eh?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: June 9th, 2020, 7:22 am
Yacht Rock wrote: June 8th, 2020, 10:14 pm
While technically true, it is still impossible to pay employees without profit, no matter where it is reflected on the balance sheet. Can't work.

How about we start using net and gross profit and nip most of this in the bud, eh?
[/quote]

Let’s not. Because then one person couldn’t point out how they are smarter than everyone else only to be blindsided by someone else scoring points on a technicality at which point we have a melee with all sorts of people jumping in and a topic that started about tuna fish sandwiches now is about Daniels prophecies and how it relates to Call of Duty
And at the end of the day, isn’t that what message boards are all about?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If Good wins nomination, the key for him to win in November will be to campaign over entire district. Get out and meet the voters, both Republicans and Democrats. Also he will need to saturate the district with signs.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You should volunteer for his campaign
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 9th, 2020, 10:20 am
Purple Haize wrote: June 9th, 2020, 10:02 am You should volunteer for his campaign
I might do that,

Can I put a "GOOD" Sign, in your yard ?
No. I don’t put political signs in my yard
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 12th, 2020, 8:10 pm According to the Riggleman campaign, even if Good wins Saturday, June 13's convention his name cannot appear on the November ballot.

https://wset.com/news/local/bob-goods-c ... -on-ballot
Yeah. This seems unbelievable but probably true. Why would the VA GOP ask for an extension if it were not true? There’s a very real chance the Democrats will flip this seat unopposed. And it would serve the Republican Party right
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 12th, 2020, 8:47 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 8:35 pm I think Riggleman camp made that up, in an attempt to get delegates to vote for him.
He seems like a nasty fella. :dontgetit
Nah. Ballcoach is harmless.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 12th, 2020, 9:29 pm https://mediarightnews.com/bob-good-deb ... on-ballot/
Wow, my mind melted reading that biased article. Here’s what seems to have happened. He didn’t get the paperwork on time. Found out about it. Submitted the paperwork and now the GOP is requesting an extension for him and a couple of others that did not have the paperwork in on time. I noticed that the Riggleman campaign was apparently able to get theirs in on time.
So there’s still a possibility that Good wins tomorrow but won’t be on the ballot in November
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like the date was changed several times due to covin19 and normally the form Is due the day of. Ringelman, or what ever is name is realized he was losing 70 percent to 30 and is looking for anything overturn his loss.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 13th, 2020, 6:21 am Sounds like the date was changed several times due to covin19 and normally the form Is due the day of. Ringelman, or what ever is name is realized he was losing 70 percent to 30 and is looking for anything overturn his loss.
Yet it seems Denver was able to get his paperwork in on time
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 13th, 2020, 7:09 am Maybe with all the date changes he and the governor set a trap. They do have a lot in common :lol:
They are both endorsed by Trump?
They are both endorsed by the National Right to Life people.
They are both endorsed by the NRA?

What exactly do Northam and Riggleman have in common?
Just John liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: June 13th, 2020, 7:17 am
TH Spangler wrote: June 13th, 2020, 7:09 am Maybe with all the date changes he and the governor set a trap. They do have a lot in common :lol:

To be honest, living in NC and I haven't followed Ringgleman much. He just seems like a poor loser to me, like the demacrats were in 2016. One thing they don't have in common is Jr's support :lol:
Last edited by TH Spangler on June 13th, 2020, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 13th, 2020, 7:38 am
Purple Haize wrote: June 13th, 2020, 7:17 am

To be honest, living in NC and I haven't followed Ringgleman much. He just seems like a poor loser to me, like the demacrats were in 2016. One thing they doesn't have in common is Jr's support :lol:
Are you aware Riggleman isn’t a Democrat?
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]