This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 13th, 2020, 10:23 am Yes, he's a libertarian in a Republican seat right. He can still be a poor loser.
If you lose because the rules get changed or there were questionable tactics then you have a right to be sore about it.
ATrain liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: June 13th, 2020, 12:25 pm
TH Spangler wrote: June 13th, 2020, 10:23 am Yes, he's a libertarian in a Republican seat right. He can still be a poor loser.
If you lose because the rules get changed or there were questionable tactics then you have a right to be sore about it.
Riggleman knows he is in big trouble and is desperate. He has used some other questionable, underhanded tactics in this campaign. If he loses, it is not due to any rule changes, etc. It is because he called Trump a buffoon", performed a gay marriage and is good buddies with Jr. Not judging him on any of these, just the facts. Drain the swamp.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: June 13th, 2020, 12:43 pm
Riggleman knows he is in big trouble and is desperate. He has used some other questionable, underhanded tactics in this campaign. If he loses, it is not due to any rule changes, etc. It is because he called Trump a buffoon", performed a gay marriage and is good buddies with Jr. Not judging him on any of these, just the facts. Drain the swamp.
Some good reasons to support Riggleman. I don't want a Bible thumper making legislation.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 13th, 2020, 3:38 pm Good will make a better congressman than Riggleman.
Plus I talk with him at most LU games. I've only seen Riggleman one time.
So your qualifications for a House Representative is that you’ve talked to him at LU games? Such a high standard you have
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: June 13th, 2020, 2:32 pm
flameshaw wrote: June 13th, 2020, 12:43 pm

Some good reasons to support Riggleman. I don't want a Bible thumper making legislation.
Ironically Trump endorsed Denver. So I guess any “buffoon” Comment really didn’t sting too bad. And I do believe Bobby worked for Junior for many many years. The fact that Riggleman is being Primaried is all the evidence you need of the dysfunctionality of the VA GOP
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Are you bothered that he got primaried? Or that you didn’t learn about the nomination process until late? Or that Denver was for this process his first time but not now? Or what?

Genuinely wondering.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 13th, 2020, 6:48 pm Are you bothered that he got primaried? Or that you didn’t learn about the nomination process until late? Or that Denver was for this process his first time but not now? Or what?

Genuinely wondering.
1. That he got Primaried. It seems a senseless waste of time energy and effort. Denver seems to have done a good job. Trump endorsed him so maybe focus attention on a race that the Republicans could flip oR were in a tough battle
2. The 2018 process was different because of the late announcement by Garrett that he wasn’t running again. So you can’t really compare the two
3. Since you had a named challenger early in the process then it only seems right and proper to let the actual voters of the district to select who they want to Represent them from the Party
4. Finally, yeah, not being able to vote ticks me off.
ATrain liked this
By Jonathan Carone
“I really think the people who are opposing him over social issues are misguided,” Falwell said in a brief interview with POLITICO. The Supreme Court, not Congress, he said, makes decisions pertaining to the legality of marriage.

“He’s a congressman who’s proven he can win,” he said. “He’s already done it once, and he’s a successful businessman — and I can’t say that about his opponent in any way, shape or form.”
That’s what Jerry said about Bob.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 13th, 2020, 8:19 pm
“I really think the people who are opposing him over social issues are misguided,” Falwell said in a brief interview with POLITICO. The Supreme Court, not Congress, he said, makes decisions pertaining to the legality of marriage.

“He’s a congressman who’s proven he can win,” he said. “He’s already done it once, and he’s a successful businessman — and I can’t say that about his opponent in any way, shape or form.”
When was Bob a Congressman?

EDIT - oh. The last part was about Bob.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 14th, 2020, 5:16 am Good wins with 58% of the vote.
No surprise. He did what he had to do in order to secure the nomination for the Republicans
ballcoach15 liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Thats a sad comment by jerry although i thought he may say worse. I realize its a weird spot but you can atleast support riggleman and not trash a guy that faithfully served lu for a long time.
flameshaw, Just John liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: June 14th, 2020, 7:18 am Thats a sad comment by jerry although i thought he may say worse. I realize its a weird spot but you can atleast support riggleman and not trash a guy that faithfully served lu for a long time.
Perhaps its because of Bob Good's "faithful service," that Jerry Jr. didn't endorse him??? Maybe he knows more but isn't saying anything due to it being a personnel issue. Just a thought
Purple Haize liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts

:lol: :lol: Carone your once broken heart is so obsessed with Jr. :lol: :lol:

Look, based of the supreme court ruling, same sex civil unions are legal and not at issue. I stick with the belief that God gives all of us freewill to choose our path. What is at issue is religious freedom. Whats next? How will the left's social agenda affect your Church in the future. Will Virginians turn out for a candidate that stands up for religious freedom or is Virginia to WOKE?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 14th, 2020, 8:16 am

:lol: :lol: Carone your once broken heart is so obsessed with Jr. :lol: :lol:

Look, based of the supreme court ruling, same sex civil unions are legal and not at issue. I stick with the belief that God gives all of us freewill to choose our path. What is at issue is religious freedom. Whats next? How will the left's social agenda affect your Church in the future. Will Virginians turn out for a candidate that stands up for religious freedom or is Virginia to far gone?
That argument doesn’t make sense. Unless you are talking about Riggleman. He didn’t force any church to perform the ceremony. The people he married had their religious freedom honored and it in no way impacted your religious freedom or mine. Denying them that opportunity would be denying religious freedom. As would forcing a church to accept it. If delegates voted against Riggleman for that one issue I would argue it is they who voted against religious freedom
ATrain liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple if I lived in Virginia I think I would trust Good to defend my churchs religious freedom more than the other guy. But that's me. You're more woke than I :lol:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
According to the Bible , men should not marry men. Just the thought of it is sick and gross. When Riggleman performed that wedding he opened the door to getting beat. Thankfully Bob stepped up to the plate.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 14th, 2020, 8:51 am Purple if I lived in Virginia I think I would trust Good to defend my churchs religious freedom more than the other guy. But that's me. You're more woke than I :lol:
It’s not a woke issue at all. Protecting someone’s Right to do something that you may disagree with is one of the most American things ever. As Patrick Henry paraphrased Voltaire “ I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it,”
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 14th, 2020, 9:03 am According to the Bible , men should not marry men. Just the thought of it is sick and gross. When Riggleman performed that wedding he opened the door to getting beat. Thankfully Bob stepped up to the plate.
Do we live in a Democracy or Theocracy?
You have mentioned that you have dated women of color. There are those who believe that too is against the Bible and laws were made prohibiting the practice. In fact Friday marked a huge mile stone in that chapter of American history. Would you want someone dictating and making laws about who you could and could not date based on their interpretation of a religious text that is different than yours? Or a text you do not even subscribe to?
ATrain liked this
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 14th, 2020, 8:51 am Purple if I lived in Virginia I think I would trust Good to defend my churchs religious freedom more than the other guy. But that's me. You're more woke than I :lol:
I fear that a more marginalized candidate will not play well in a broader election and will be much less effective. I'm not opposed to a solid believer being involved in politics, but I will not vote on moral values only since we live in a very diverse country and no matter how strongly felt my value are, they don't apply to all. I hope Bob process different, but if predict a tough battle against a moderate democracy and no more than a single term if he does succeed. We need less polar divisions in our country rather than more.
ATrain liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 14th, 2020, 9:03 am According to the Bible , men should not marry men. Just the thought of it is sick and gross. When Riggleman performed that wedding he opened the door to getting beat. Thankfully Bob stepped up to the plate.
I think eating at Burger King is sick and gross. Just sayin.
ATrain, Purple Haize liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Amazing how an act that has zero actual impact on your life causes you to melt down. Its as if you are a snowflake.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Left has already tried to tie a congregations Bible interpretation to US tax status. They have tried to force churches to perform civil union ceremonies in their sanctuaries.

Based on conversations with my black brothers in Christ, race is not a factor. They are way more conservative about biblicial marriage than us light skin folks.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]