This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 27th, 2020, 9:03 pm Ballcoach broke the news to me on Facebook messenger at 3:08 this afternoon, but he didn't tell me who his source was. :nono
Well he announced he was running against Riggleman several months ago. So that’s not news
I posted this at 12:50. I cited my source.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Bob is a good guy and i would like him better than riggleman but as ph stated earlier it doesnt make a lot of sense.

I heard about this possibility back in football season maybe october. Im not a fan of any of the names that have been mentioned but they are better than who i heard as well. I believe his name is banned on here if flameshaw and i are speaking the same language.

I hope we go outside current staff.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: January 27th, 2020, 9:40 pm Bob is a good guy and i would like him better than riggleman but as ph stated earlier it doesnt make a lot of sense.

I heard about this possibility back in football season maybe october. Im not a fan of any of the names that have been mentioned but they are better than who i heard as well. I believe his name is banned on here if flameshaw and i are speaking the same language.

I hope we go outside current staff.
I haven’t heard of any names involved. But your post now has me wondering if he stepped down or was stepped down :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 27th, 2020, 11:19 pm It’s Liberty.
Which adds to my “he was stepped down” hypotheses
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: January 27th, 2020, 7:57 pm
TH Spangler wrote: January 27th, 2020, 4:43 pm Wish I could vote for Bob from NC. Virginia is in the wrong hands right now? Today they are taking step to get rid of Virginia's "right to work" status. Danville is trying to attract a major manufacturer to their 3500 acre shovel ready industrial park. One of the largest in the country. "Right to work" is one of the first thing companies look for.
The federal government doesn't have anything to do with Virginia's "Right to Work" status.
Just saying Virginia has the wrong people in charge, in Richmond and DC.
ballcoach15 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I've been out of the loop lately but is the Flames Club really going away? To me, that is bigger news than this which has been in the works for months. I guess I shouldn't be surprised but it seems like a terrible move.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote: January 28th, 2020, 8:12 am Not going away, but my radar screen says there could be some restructuring . :football
I think that probably was an appropriate amount of time for Ian to get a real understanding of how it did or didn't function. I wonder if any major milestones were communicated as necessary and not met.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 28th, 2020, 8:12 am Not going away, but my radar screen says there could be some restructuring . :football
Well, golly, ya think so :dontgetit what ever gave you that idea? Was it the Executive Director stepping down?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: January 28th, 2020, 8:16 am
I think that probably was an appropriate amount of time for Ian to get a real understanding of how it did or didn't function. I wonder if any major milestones were communicated as necessary and not met.
It’s never functioned nor was designed to function like Big Time Booster Clubs. For a variety of reasons from a disdain of big dollar boosters to a fan base used to free game tickets
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Need to organize Flames Club Chapters around the country. Thus recruiting more alumni and LU fans into the club, not just those living around Lynchburg.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 28th, 2020, 8:41 am Need to organize Flames Club Chapters around the country. Thus recruiting more alumni and LU fans into the club, not just those living around Lynchburg.
That is a noble objective. Do you know if they have already attempted that?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 28th, 2020, 9:34 am
ballcoach15 wrote: January 28th, 2020, 8:41 am Need to organize Flames Club Chapters around the country. Thus recruiting more alumni and LU fans into the club, not just those living around Lynchburg.
That is a noble objective. Do you know if they have already attempted that?
I have no idea.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
BG stepping down, had nothing, zip, zero, nada, to do with job performance. The person(s) who will take over his job, will tell you who made the decision to hire them and why.
Jinxy sounds like he may have a line on one of them. I hate to see such an important position filled, based on friendship, rather than capabilities.
BG will be a much stronger conservative that DR. It is not a mistake that he is running, or a personal whim on his part. He has already secured a couple of small victories, in the election process. It is public record.
Finally, I do know some strong supporters of DR. They have told me about some of the phone calls they have received directly from him. Let's just say, based on their narrative/belief, the message was than truthful.
Since, I live out of state, I do not have a dog in the fight. I cannot vote for BG. I have contributed to his campaign.
From where I sit, this is just a situation where Jr. is endorsing a candidate, based on something less than what is good for our country/university. (I support his endorsement of Trump 1000000000%).
I hate to say this, (because I was on the other side of the fence at one time), but it does seem that Jr. is more interested in feeding his ego/perceived importance , than what is good for LU.
I could go on a little further to support this idea, but the story is too long right now. Can't imagine Sr. would be too happy with the current state of affairs at LU. But, who knows?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Maybe Bob Good changed his mind and is running for Senate in WV?
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 28th, 2020, 11:55 am Maybe they're working on a plan for WV to annex parts of VA, so we can get away from Northam and his liberal cronies in Richmond.
Bravo. You are the broken clock that is for sure.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 28th, 2020, 3:41 pm Purple and Cider may be "going home".
Cider is from the State.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I couldn't leave the state fast enough when I graduated from high school in 1979, but I did return for 2 years of master's work and teaching at Marshall from 1983-85. Study
Election 2022 and 2024

A congresswoman from a blue state gets you nothi[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: