This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Jonathan Carone
ATrain wrote: June 14th, 2020, 6:51 pm As far as what he's done in Congress, the push for industrial hemp is huge in helping the farming communities where tobacco used to be king.
This reminds me of one of the greatest lines in a song I’ve heard recently:

I've been wandering these roads
Since I was 3 years old
Watching the men I thought were gods
Turning green leafs into gold
Now the fields they all lay empty
Curing barns are growing cold
All the while another cash crop
Just begging to be sold

Yeah, we got the infrastructure
Lord know's we got the will
But a solution to a problem
Doesn't pay that problem's bills
So they'll keep calling it illegal
Keep pumping us with pills
Tell Roosevelt what the Bible Belt
Went and did to his New Deal
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 14th, 2020, 7:07 pm
ATrain wrote: June 14th, 2020, 6:51 pm As far as what he's done in Congress, the push for industrial hemp is huge in helping the farming communities where tobacco used to be king.
This reminds me of one of the greatest lines in a song I’ve heard recently:

I've been wandering these roads
Since I was 3 years old
Watching the men I thought were gods
Turning green leafs into gold
Now the fields they all lay empty
Curing barns are growing cold
All the while another cash crop
Just begging to be sold

Yeah, we got the infrastructure
Lord know's we got the will
But a solution to a problem
Doesn't pay that problem's bills
So they'll keep calling it illegal
Keep pumping us with pills
Tell Roosevelt what the Bible Belt
Went and did to his New Deal
Smoke in your lungs is very bad for you. How do you plan to inject it? Which group of people are most likely to consume. Is it in their best interest to use and pay higher taxes so I, a non user can play less taxes.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: June 14th, 2020, 9:14 am
TH Spangler wrote: June 14th, 2020, 8:51 am Purple if I lived in Virginia I think I would trust Good to defend my churchs religious freedom more than the other guy. But that's me. You're more woke than I :lol:
I fear that a more marginalized candidate will not play well in a broader election and will be much less effective. I'm not opposed to a solid believer being involved in politics, but I will not vote on moral values only since we live in a very diverse country and no matter how strongly felt my value are, they don't apply to all. I hope Bob process different, but if predict a tough battle against a moderate democracy and no more than a single term if he does succeed. We need less polar divisions in our country rather than more.
Although I'm a strong conservative, I believe this is important. We have devolved to where those who don't agree are enemies. This is a fault on both ends of the spectrum.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: June 14th, 2020, 10:20 pm
rogers3 wrote: June 14th, 2020, 9:14 am
TH Spangler wrote: June 14th, 2020, 8:51 am Purple if I lived in Virginia I think I would trust Good to defend my churchs religious freedom more than the other guy. But that's me. You're more woke than I :lol:
I fear that a more marginalized candidate will not play well in a broader election and will be much less effective. I'm not opposed to a solid believer being involved in politics, but I will not vote on moral values only since we live in a very diverse country and no matter how strongly felt my value are, they don't apply to all. I hope Bob process different, but if predict a tough battle against a moderate democracy and no more than a single term if he does succeed. We need less polar divisions in our country rather than more.
Although I'm a strong conservative, I believe this is important. We have devolved to where those who don't agree are enemies. This is a fault on both ends of the spectrum.
No enemies here. But I try and honor God in everything, that includes how I vote. I compare the candidates party platform and then try to figure out if they are following it.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
TH, so glad you try to honor God in all things.. we all should. Supporting an avowed conservative Christian candidate versus Denver Riggleman isn't "honoring God." I think Jesus was much harsher in his judgement of Pharisees than his judgement on the Roman authorities. There was a time when I considered any non-conservative candidate not worthy of my conservative vote but then I started really delving into the process, thinking about what Conservatives were saying about their opponents, and considering what party platforms really meant to our country versus what they meant to the mindset of the typical right wing thinker. In my opinion, our political system has been destroyed by the right as it sought to vilify and marginalized opponents.
Spiritualizing your politics might work here in our back yard, but the larger district will be a different story.
ATrain liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I left one party to become an independent because they didn't live up to there platform.

I support Trump certainly not because he's a Christian but because I agree more with the Republican platform, and by golley he's sticking to what he promised and the platform. I acually view him as a independent.

The other party "D" booed God and Iseral.

We each get one vote. And I respect the outcome, unlike the demacrats today. There's always another election.
By Jonathan Carone
TH Spangler wrote: June 15th, 2020, 8:28 am We each get one vote. And I respect the outcome, unlike the demacrats today. There's always another election.
Republicans spent years trying to prove Obama wasn't American by birth so he would get thrown out of office.

You can't be taken seriously when you act like one party is without fault and the other is the bad one.

Both of them do the exact same tactics. You just agree with one more than the other.
ATrain, Just John liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It is kind of comical reading how awful people on this board think the democrats are. Then I have my brother, one of my best friends in the world always ranting up how awful the republican party is. I will never understand taking such a hard stance against one or the other but I suppose that is another discussion to have another time.
Jonathan Carone, ATrain liked this
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 15th, 2020, 8:28 am

We each get one vote. And I respect the outcome, unlike the demacrats today. There's always another election.
Can you try to at least bring some intelligence to your posts? Don't add fodder to your opponents!
ATrain liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I believe that everyone who believes that the republicans are as bad as the dim-o-crats, go live in Baltimore, DC, Seattle, LA, Detroit, SF, etc. etc.
I agree that both parties have challenges. I don't believe that here are 10 decent/honest people in the entire congress, regardless of party. But it is undeniable, that the results of a more conservative government are safer/better.
smh
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have always thought the GOP basically does nothing, but draw a salary. The Democrats cater to special interest groups and social issues, ignoring the economy and national defense.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Liberals believe government fixes problems. Conservatives believe individuals solve Problems. You’re not going to change minds before you change hearts, and not all problems have the same solution.

There are good people on both sides. Our system ain’t perfect, but it’s the best I see on this planet.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 15th, 2020, 6:49 pm Liberals believe government fixes problems. Conservatives believe individuals solve Problems. You’re not going to change minds before you change hearts, and not all problems have the same solution.

There are good people on both sides. Our system ain’t perfect, but it’s the best I see on this planet.
Thank goodness we can rely on Government committees to tell us who we should vote for. That’s the Republican Way :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 15th, 2020, 6:51 pm Not WHO, just HOW. :wink:
Because The Who paid the committee to tell us How.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: June 15th, 2020, 6:50 pm
JK37 wrote: June 15th, 2020, 6:49 pm Liberals believe government fixes problems. Conservatives believe individuals solve Problems. You’re not going to change minds before you change hearts, and not all problems have the same solution.

Thank goodness we can rely on Government committees to tell us who we should vote for. That’s the Republican Way :D
And not government committees, PARTY committees.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts

I don't disagree but I'd argue that there is no such thing as a conservative party anymore. The republican party has butchered conservatism
Just John liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: June 15th, 2020, 10:20 pm
Purple Haize wrote: June 15th, 2020, 6:53 pm
JK37 wrote: June 15th, 2020, 6:51 pm Not WHO, just HOW. :wink:
Because The Who paid the committee to tell us How.
But Who's on first?
The Person that has paid members on the Committee selecting the Representative
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
The committee did not select the representative. Instead, the committee selected the process by which the party nominee would be selected by delegates.

Any person desiring to be the nominee was given full and equal opportunity to appoint as many delegates as they wished and send them to the convention. There was no limit on delegates.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 15th, 2020, 9:27 am It is kind of comical reading how awful people on this board think the democrats are. Then I have my brother, one of my best friends in the world always ranting up how awful the republican party is. I will never understand taking such a hard stance against one or the other but I suppose that is another discussion to have another time.
Not that individuals are awful. But one party has things in its platform I can't support, which a vote for them would be.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: June 15th, 2020, 9:41 am
TH Spangler wrote: June 15th, 2020, 8:28 am

Can you try to at least bring some intelligence to your posts? Don't add fodder to your opponents!
I was talking about deepstate demacrates not accepting the results of the last general. If everyone plays by the rules live with the results.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]