This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The SOR fellas have the article but this is a bizarre move. Not so much the stepping down but taking on Denver Riggleman. This is why Republicans can’t have nice things and if they don’t retake the House and/or lose the Senate be endemic as to why. I mean he doesn’t even have Juniors endorsement
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 27th, 2020, 1:50 pm The SOR fellas have the article but this is a bizarre move. Not so much the stepping down but taking on Denver Riggleman. This is why Republicans can’t have nice things and if they don’t retake the House and/or lose the Senate be endemic as to why. I mean he doesn’t even have Juniors endorsement
I am a big fan of Denver. The only reason anyone wants to challenge him is because he, in his capacity as an elected official, officiated a same-sex marriage for one of his campaign staffers.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
That’s the ONLY reason. He’s solid Conservative everywhere else and this was a one off with people who worked on his campaign. Not like he’s going around with a Gay Marriage Mobile or anything
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
This has been in the works for some time. I believe it is deplorable that Jr. did not endorse BG. He first endorsed DR before he know BG was running. But even after he was aware that BG was running, he endorsed the other guy. The RINO, who performed a gay marriage, which is in direct conflict with the views of the university. But DR does have an advantage, he has a nice boat, and is friends with Jr.
Hate to see BG go, especially because his rumored replacement, will be assigned, only because he is friends with Jr. There is also another "old" head sitting in the wings. I hope that I am wrong about both of these, but I am afraid it will happen.
Good luck to BG on his run for the 5th district. I hope he wins. He will be a much better member of Congress than his opponent. (And that has nothing implicitly to do with the gay marriage deal, but overall conservatism).
Sad day for the Flames Club.
Last edited by flameshaw on January 27th, 2020, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TH Spangler liked this
By Jonathan Carone
Bob's campaign has been going for a while now.

Gotta think Mike Hagen is in line for this one. There are a couple other LU alum working in development at other schools if they wanted to look at someone other than Mike. Not sure how attractive the job is given our view on fundraising, but Ian will make the right call.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 27th, 2020, 4:07 pm Bob's campaign has been going for a while now.

Gotta think Mike Hagen is in line for this one. There are a couple other LU alum working in development at other schools if they wanted to look at someone other than Mike. Not sure how attractive the job is given our view on fundraising, but Ian will make the right call.
I am certain, given the opportunity, Ian will make the right decision.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Wish I could vote for Bob from NC. Virginia is in the wrong hands right now? Today they are taking step to get rid of Virginia's "right to work" status. Danville is trying to attract a major manufacturer to their 3500 acre shovel ready industrial park. One of the largest in the country. "Right to work" is one of the first thing companies look for.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 27th, 2020, 4:07 pm Bob's campaign has been going for a while now.

Alderrama would be my choice. Just make sure there’s a numbers/ops guy as his second
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: January 27th, 2020, 4:43 pm Wish I could vote for Bob from NC. Virginia is in the wrong hands right now? Today they are taking step to get rid of Virginia's "right to work" status. Danville is trying to attract a major manufacturer to their 3500 acre shovel ready industrial park. One of the largest in the country. "Right to work" is one of the first thing companies look for.
That has to be solved at the State House not the House of Representatives. This was a puzzling move when he announced several months ago and just continues to be more baffling
By Jonathan Carone
To add to flame Shaw’s insinuating, there are rumors the Flames Club might get swallowed up by University Development. Just a rumor at this point but it follows Jerry’s general approach to consolidate control and power, especially when money is at hand.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 27th, 2020, 6:58 pm To add to flame Shaw’s insinuating, there are rumors the Flames Club might get swallowed up by University Development. Just a rumor at this point but it follows Jerry’s general approach to consolidate control and power, especially when money is at hand.
As ill-advised (IMHO), as moving the Flames Club under Development, it is better than what I am hearing.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: January 27th, 2020, 7:10 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 27th, 2020, 6:58 pm To add to flame Shaw’s insinuating, there are rumors the Flames Club might get swallowed up by University Development. Just a rumor at this point but it follows Jerry’s general approach to consolidate control and power, especially when money is at hand.
As ill-advised (IMHO), as moving the Flames Club under Development, it is better than what I am hearing.
Do tell...
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Conducting a gay wedding is wrong, no matter who the sickos are. Riggleman should have had better sense than that.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 27th, 2020, 7:35 pm Conducting a gay wedding is wrong, no matter who the sickos are. Riggleman should have had better sense than that.
He performed a legal ceremony. Why do you have an issue with that?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: January 27th, 2020, 4:43 pm Wish I could vote for Bob from NC. Virginia is in the wrong hands right now? Today they are taking step to get rid of Virginia's "right to work" status. Danville is trying to attract a major manufacturer to their 3500 acre shovel ready industrial park. One of the largest in the country. "Right to work" is one of the first thing companies look for.
The federal government doesn't have anything to do with Virginia's "Right to Work" status.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
They seem to think University Development and Athletic Development are the same thing.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 27th, 2020, 7:58 pm
They seem to think University Development and Athletic Development are the same thing.

Flames Club needs to be kept separate.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 27th, 2020, 8:00 pm
Purple Haize wrote: January 27th, 2020, 7:58 pm

Flames Club needs to be kept separate.
I’m glad you agree with me
ballcoach15 liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 27th, 2020, 7:59 pm It wasn't legal IAW the Bible.
Well, we operate under the Constitution. If your religion tells you gay people shouldn't get married, then you don't marry them in your church.

For the record, Riggleman votes with President Trump 93.8% of the time, and has the President's endorsement.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/co ... riggleman/
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: January 27th, 2020, 8:23 pm
Well, we operate under the Constitution. If your religion tells you gay people shouldn't get married, then you don't marry them in your church.

For the record, Riggleman votes with President Trump 93.8% of the time, and has the President's endorsement.

That’s what makes 0 sense. This guy shouldn’t even remotely be Primaried. He won a very tough election and now this? I cannot imagine Goode will have any State or National GOP support. I couldn’t even tell you what a good campaign strategy would be. Possibly the most tone deaf thing I’ve seen
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 27th, 2020, 8:28 pm
ATrain wrote: January 27th, 2020, 8:23 pm

That’s what makes 0 sense. This guy shouldn’t even remotely be Primaried. He won a very tough election and now this? I cannot imagine Goode will have any State or National GOP support. I couldn’t even tell you what a good campaign strategy would be. Possibly the most tone deaf thing I’ve seen
*Good. Former representative Virgil Goode isn't going for the seat. The only way this makes sense is if the Tea Party is making a resurgence, and something tells me that Bob Good will vote just like Denver on everything.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Does he live in Goode?
I think he will vote exactly like Riggleman. But I think Riggleman has better credentials and broader appeal. If there was a Democrat in the seat or someone not tied in with a Trump then this would be a no brainer. Pick up Juniors endorsement. Ride the MAGA wave Get out the vote and settle in for a hard fought race. But this has none of that.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach broke the news to me on Facebook messenger at 3:08 this afternoon, but he didn't tell me who his source was. :nono
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]