This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
:(
TH Spangler wrote: June 16th, 2020, 7:53 am
rogers3 wrote: June 15th, 2020, 9:41 am
TH Spangler wrote: June 15th, 2020, 8:28 am

The other party "D" booed God and Iseral.

We each get one vote. And I respect the outcome, unlike the demacrats today. There's always another election.
Can you try to at least bring some intelligence to your posts? Don't add fodder to your opponents!
I was talking about deepstate demacrates not accepting the results of the last general. If everyone plays by the rules live with the results.
Is there an emoticon with a dunce's hat?
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 16th, 2020, 8:34 am There are things about both I can't support which explains my independent status but you say you're an independent but you sound like a Republican to me. Maybe you're confused. :lol:
My grandfather was just like this. He always talked about how he was a registered independent, but he hadn't voted for anyone without an R by there name since the 70's. No matter what he called himself, he was a Republican.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
He probably said he was an independent, who votes for conservatives, and the overwhelming number of conservatives since the 70’s have labeled themselves as Republicans.

There does seem to be some shifting going on lately though. As there always has been and always will be.
By rhezick
adam42381 wrote: June 16th, 2020, 12:29 pm
thepostman wrote: June 16th, 2020, 8:34 am There are things about both I can't support which explains my independent status but you say you're an independent but you sound like a Republican to me. Maybe you're confused. :lol:
My grandfather was just like this. He always talked about how he was a registered independent, but he hadn't voted for anyone without an R by there name since the 70's. No matter what he called himself, he was a Republican.
Interesting. Your grandfather and everyone on Lynchburg City Council must be twins.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m just going to start voting for whoever the Committee members tell me I should vote for
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: June 15th, 2020, 6:53 pm
JK37 wrote: June 15th, 2020, 6:51 pm Not WHO, just HOW. :wink:
Because The Who paid the committee to tell us How.
The Who as in the band, or the WHO as in the World Health Organization?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
He ran on the same values Doc promoted. I'll be honest, I didn't think you could win in Virginia if you held your ground on Christian values. Not to mention all the out of state money that Webb got. This north carolinian has a lots of respect for residents of the VA 5th. Bob got it right. @ballcoach I think he's the first.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
badger74 wrote: November 5th, 2020, 8:40 pm Ran the worst campaign ever. Good thing he was in a safe district. I liked DR much better.
And it was still close. The VAGOP could have used that time and money on the Senate race had they not screwed DR out of his seat
ATrain, badger74 liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
badger74 wrote: November 5th, 2020, 8:40 pm Ran the worst campaign ever. Good thing he was in a safe district. I liked DR much better.
DR was a very good buddy of Jr. For that reason alone, I am glad Bob Good won. But Bob is a great guy and will serve our country well. There were a lot of things going on in the background in the race for the nomination. Let's just say that LU athletics, might have dodged a real big bullet, because Bob was asked by many in the district 5 GOP, to run for congress. The other alternative could have had a far-reaching impact.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Bob is getting attention from WaPo:
Washington Post wrote:From quiet Falwell acolyte to bombastic Marjorie Taylor Greene ally: A freshman lawmaker’s political evolution

By Meagan Flynn
Yesterday at 7:21 p.m. EST

Rep. Bob Good (R-Va.) at a Capitol Hill news conference in September. (Bill O'Leary/The Washington Post)

He was almost shouting now, his voice rising as he competed with the half-dozen demonstrators interrupting him.

Rep. Bob Good (R-Va.) stepped to the lectern at a news conference outside the U.S. Capitol to introduce his latest bill targeting critical race theory, calling the college-level academic framework on systemic racism a “violation of our students’ civil rights.”

“This is what the left does, by the way,” Good said to reporters, gesturing to the small crowd that had just called him a racist. “... Because the left can’t handle the truth.”

“You try to erase my history!” a woman fired back.
Click Here for Full Story
olldflame wrote: December 11th, 2021, 5:47 pm
TH Spangler wrote: December 11th, 2021, 4:59 pm Doc's boys! Jesse Castro and Bob Good 👍
I guess I'm pretty out of the loop, but how does Jesse get a mention here? Knew him as a student. Great guy.
He was quoted in article. Reminded me what great students Doc got to the mountain in the early days.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I’m torn. Interested in article, but not in paying WaPo’s fees. I suspect not a ton of truth in the article given that the title refers to him as “bombastic”. Agree or disagree with him, BG is anything but bombastic. He’s pretty void of emotion.

“ If you describe someone as bombastic, you are criticizing them for trying to impress other people by saying things that sound impressive but have little meaning.”

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/d ... /bombastic

Sorry, that ain’t Bob.

And it’s been made categorically evident that Denver was only in politics for his own gain. His actions once he lost re-election alienated his entire district. Many of his voters were done with him by the time his term ended.
flamehunter liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]