This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
EDIT: Poor attempt at humor.
Last edited by adam42381 on January 30th, 2020, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote: January 28th, 2020, 8:09 pm Wow. Just wow. This is a new low, even for Jerry.
.??
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 28th, 2020, 11:06 pm I'm confused by that statement too. A new low? Seems pretty standard by Jerry Jr standards.
So I’d be saying Junior fired Bob? I mean I’m not sure why he’d do that but that’s par for the course. I hate for anyone to lose their job.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I'm confused - what did Jerry Jr. do or say that's a new low? I saw someone mention his "VEXIT," comment in this thread, but that seems pretty standard. Did Jerry Jr. say/do something about Bob Good???
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah. I really don't know what @adam42381 was talking about. Hopefully he will clarify his thoughts. He normally is pretty good at that.
ATrain liked this
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Sorry, guys. I was attempting sarcasm regarding the Vexit thing. It didn’t work.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote: January 30th, 2020, 10:22 am Sorry, guys. I was attempting sarcasm regarding the Vexit thing. It didn’t work.
No worries. Although Vexit is par for the course for a man who likes to be talked about.
Just John liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I have heard no information on what’s next here. Who’s in charge etc
By Jonathan Carone
Flames Club is definitely going to University Marketing. The crazy thing about that move - that just underscores how stupid it is - is that the Flames Club currently employs more full-time employees than the department that they're moving to.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
So is it going away or just being moved to University Marketing? Also does that mean the athletic department no longer deal with the flames club? It doesn't really make any sense to me.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 4th, 2020, 4:23 pm So is it going away or just being moved to University Marketing? Also does that mean the athletic department no longer deal with the flames club? It doesn't really make any sense to me.
It is being moved to the University Development Department, under Coach Freeze's former Chief of Staff, who will become VP of Development. This is probably the worst decision/move I have seen, for the athletic department. Hard to imagine that this will turn out to be positive.
Believe me though, it actually could have been worse.
In addition, there is still another wild card in the wings. Hopefully that disaster won't occur.
JMHO, but I would not be real happy if I was Ian, with the Flames Club moving out from under the AD. Cannot for the life of me, understand the thought process behind this move. Hopefully it will not be a permanent move.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: February 4th, 2020, 3:33 pm Flames Club is definitely going to University Marketing. The crazy thing about that move - that just underscores how stupid it is - is that the Flames Club currently employs more full-time employees than the department that they're moving to.
I have not received anything informing me of this decision
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: February 5th, 2020, 9:41 am Why would you expect something?
As a Flames Club Member I think it would be a professional courtesy to inform members of any executive changes
But I guess that doesn’t really answer the question :D
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: February 5th, 2020, 10:10 am
Jonathan Carone wrote: February 5th, 2020, 9:41 am Why would you expect something?
As a Flames Club Member I think it would be a professional courtesy to inform members of any executive changes
But I guess that doesn’t really answer the question :D
Seems to me I saw it made public yesterday. Don't know where the statement came from, but believe it was a university press release. Knowing how this decision went down, just blows my mind.
While I understand that the Flames Club brings in a paltry $3M annually, I hold that it is a huge mistake and could impact how long Ian, stays in the fold and the long-term health of the Flames Club.
I am sure there will be an announcement soon, regarding a new Flames Club leader, most likely Mike Hagan (I hope, lots better than the alternative). However, taking it out of the purview of the AD is a huge mistake. IMHO.
Hopefully, Bob Good will be kept on during the transition period, but since he is running against Jr's RINO buddy in the 5th distrirct, I am afraid, he may have committed the unpardonable sin. Don't think Jr. is able to separate his personal feelings from what is best for LU. Sad.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: February 4th, 2020, 9:28 pm
ATrain wrote: February 4th, 2020, 8:31 pm Apparently people in Campbell County want to VEXIT. Campbell County is where Bob Good currently sits on the Board of Supervisors, not sure he'd be eligible to represent VA's 5th if they leave:
https://www.liberty.edu/champion/2020/0 ... -virginia/
He's not on the board any more. He didn't seek reelection last fall.
Hmm, my mistake. Does he still live in the county?
https://wset.com/news/local/petition-cr ... 5JVCyUuGhU
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: February 5th, 2020, 9:04 pm
flamehunter wrote: February 4th, 2020, 9:28 pm
ATrain wrote: February 4th, 2020, 8:31 pm Apparently people in Campbell County want to VEXIT. Campbell County is where Bob Good currently sits on the Board of Supervisors, not sure he'd be eligible to represent VA's 5th if they leave:
https://www.liberty.edu/champion/2020/0 ... -virginia/
He's not on the board any more. He didn't seek reelection last fall.
Hmm, my mistake. Does he still live in the county?
https://wset.com/news/local/petition-cr ... 5JVCyUuGhU
I live in the County and I’d just as soon stay. The better solution if you deem there’s a problem is to make DC area the 51st state and bundle NOVA and parts of MD into it. Then suddenly VA is a lot more conservative
ballcoach15, LU 57, flamehunter and 1 others liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
What’s the latest on this? I have not heard anything about who is in charge etc. I could have missed it
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
For the Flames Club, it has not been decided. Interviews are taking place soon. Mike Hagen and Jeff Alder are the go to people if you need something at this time. Hopefully, one of them will be confirmed to lead the Flames Club as the new Director.
Election 2022 and 2024

A congresswoman from a blue state gets you nothi[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: