This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 3:24 pm
flameshaw wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 1:45 pm
TH Spangler wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 7:45 am I don't know why some people think a church changing it's definition of sin, sex outside of biblical marriage, changes anything with a righteous God. He will deal with unrepented sin one day.
Hey, it is making a statement, "I'm too cool for school." 8) I have much more respect for people who live the gay lifestyle, than those who know it is not biblical, but somehow pretending it is, just for the attention.
Ok, WHAT, precisely, IS the "gay lifestyle?" This term was thrown around a lot by the church in the 90's/00's, and is still used by a lot of older members of society.
I don’t know what it means when Flameshaw uses. But is there a different term you would use that you feel is better?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 6:15 pm

Hey, it is making a statement, "I'm too cool for school." 8) I have much more respect for people who live the gay lifestyle, than those who know it is not biblical, but somehow pretending it is, just for the attention.
Ok, WHAT, precisely, IS the "gay lifestyle?" This term was thrown around a lot by the church in the 90's/00's, and is still used by a lot of older members of society.
I don’t know what it means when Flameshaw uses. But is there a different term you would use that you feel is better?
Not sure there really is a term that's appropriate, as there is a vast amount of diversity in viewpoints, lifestyles, behaviors, etc... among people who identify as gay.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
And that’s exactly what I thought you would say. In my experience those who haven’t taken the time to understand, address that diversity inappropriately.
ATrain liked this
By Class of 20Something
I think it may be a poorly phrased differentiation between someone actively living and acting on homosexual desires vs someone that is same sex attracted, but treats their own desires as sin.

That's my take at least. Is your identity tied to Christ or being homosexual? Some of the best followers I know deal with SSA, but their identity is in the death and resurrection of Jesus. It is unfathomable how some Christians treat those brothers.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: March 4th, 2021, 8:39 am
JK37 wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 6:15 pm

Not sure there really is a term that's appropriate, as there is a vast amount of diversity in viewpoints, lifestyles, behaviors, etc... among people who identify as gay.
Fabulous?
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: March 4th, 2021, 10:31 am I think it may be a poorly phrased differentiation between someone actively living and acting on homosexual desires vs someone that is same sex attracted, but treats their own desires as sin.

That's my take at least. Is your identity tied to Christ or being homosexual? Some of the best followers I know deal with SSA, but their identity is in the death and resurrection of Jesus. It is unfathomable how some Christians treat those brothers.
Is this the same as side A vs. side B Christians?

@ATrain would “side A Christian” be an appropriate label? Sorry if that’s too personal.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 4th, 2021, 10:55 am
Class of 20Something wrote: March 4th, 2021, 10:31 am I think it may be a poorly phrased differentiation between someone actively living and acting on homosexual desires vs someone that is same sex attracted, but treats their own desires as sin.

Is this the same as side A vs. side B Christians?

@ATrain would “side A Christian” be an appropriate label? Sorry if that’s too personal.
You can call me a Side A Christian if you want, or a Christian who is Side A.

I am aware that some of us on Side A do treat those on Side B horribly, and that is unfortunate and definitely not Christ-like. On the flip side, both sides have received horrible treatment from Christians who are neither, and again, that is unfortunate and definitely not Christ-like.
stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
@TH Spangler , if you really want to engage in the debate, you have to do the work of understanding the Side A argument from people who hold that position. It does no good to throw stones about something without actually investigating it.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 4th, 2021, 12:49 pm @TH Spangler , if you really want to engage in the debate, you have to do the work of understanding the Side A argument from people who hold that position. It does no good to throw stones about something without actually investigating it.
Im not throwing stones? I've hung around here a long time, I like ATrain.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 4th, 2021, 1:51 pm If I didn't like him I wouldn't have posted the link. :idea:
Thank you for the link my friend. I am aware of that website, as it has been posted on the board before. However, we are just going to have to agree to disagree here. Our understanding of Scripture is very far apart on this, and it cannot be reconciled without one of us changing our perspectives, which is unlikely to happen. I appreciate your concern though, if I thought you were going to hell I would definitely try to help you change your perspective, just as you did with me.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
@Atrain What I think means nothing. But I kind a had you like this, "The other possibility is that people claiming to be saved yet living in unrepentant sin are saved but acting in disobedience—in which case their unrepentance is a temporary hardness of heart, and God’s discipline will eventually restore them to fellowship (see 1 Corinthians 5:1–5)."
ATrain liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 7:45 am I don't know why some people think a church changing it's definition of sin, sex outside of biblical marriage, changes anything with a righteous God. He will deal with unrepented sin one day.
Living gay. Same as living straight. Not really that hard. I don't look down on gay people. They have a right to do what they want. I just can't twist it or spin it enough to make it biblical. It obviously is not.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]