This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

This article just reiterates the half truths that have already been put out by the very media sources many conservative call "fake news". I don't get the continued focus on this. The agreements ended and they decided to become more focused on their charitable giving. There is also nothing stopping local franchises from donating to local chapters of charities. It is odd that some are still trying to make this a story. Chic Fil A does a ton of good in communities. The focus on this change in approach from the corporate office is still really odd to me.

But if you feel that strongly about it, I guess you can get chicken elsewhere from companies who don't do nearly the good work Chic Fil A does nor do they treat their customers as well.
ALUmnus wrote: November 19th, 2019, 2:03 pm That's very great and noble of you both. But if you can't see the harm being done by trends like this, it's almost as if you're trying not to.

I get a little weary of the above scenario. Someone points out, "hey, look what's happening". Then those who are above the fray sweep in with their indifference to tell us nothing is happening, or that it doesn't matter, or make fun of "the culture war", etc. They're defined by inaction, and make it their mission to discourage others from action. The proud middle. Right, bad. Left, bad. They end up saying nothing, other than "let's not have this conversation". And they feel great about themselves because at least they're not living in a bubble.

Eventually your indifference is going to come back to bite you.
Welcome to the world of capitalism.
I was a huge Chick-fil-a fan, and when the news came out about them ending donations to Christian groups, I wanted to be cautious before reacting. The problem was, the more I read, the more upset I became. If Chick-fil-a simply was neutral, I probably could still go there. But if it is not an ominous enough sign that culture made them stop giving to quality Christian organizations like the Salvation Army and Fellowship of Christian Athletes, they now are giving money to Covenant House, which sponsors gay pride parades and practically drives women to get abortions. They also push transgender stuff on everyone. And that wasn't the only organization that they are giving to that actively promotes homosexuality and abortion.

By stopping Christian charities who oppose same sex marriage, they are blacklisting all Christian organizations from ever being donated to. That's sad. But what makes it worse is they are now giving to groups who are pushing societal issues that I oppose. For that reason, I am boycotting Chick-fil-a for the time being. Everyone else can do what they want. I think it sends the wrong message if I keep going there.
chris leedlelee liked this
I tried Popeyes chicken Sammich yesterday. I liked that it was crispy, big plus, but other than that? Meh. Fries weren’t as good. Couldn’t get lemonade like Jesus Chicken. To be fair I was told I should have gotten the spicy one but I was unaware The Original wasn’t breaded the same was as their chicken.
Definitely not worth fighting over
Last edited by Purple Haize on December 20th, 2019, 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purple Haize wrote: December 19th, 2019, 9:48 pm I tried Bojangles chicken Sammich yesterday. I liked that it was crispy, big plus, but other than that? Meh. Fries weren’t as good. Couldn’t get lemonade like Jesus Chicken. To be fair I was told I should have gotten the spicy one but I was unaware The Original wasn’t breaded the same was as their chicken.
Bojangles has a fried chicken sandwich (and two versions of it?!)? I assume it’s the same chicken as their Cajun filet biscuit which is delicious.
adam42381 wrote: December 20th, 2019, 12:21 am
Purple Haize wrote: December 19th, 2019, 9:48 pm I tried Bojangles chicken Sammich yesterday. I liked that it was crispy, big plus, but other than that? Meh. Fries weren’t as good. Couldn’t get lemonade like Jesus Chicken. To be fair I was told I should have gotten the spicy one but I was unaware The Original wasn’t breaded the same was as their chicken.
Bojangles has a fried chicken sandwich (and two versions of it?!)? I assume it’s the same chicken as their Cajun filet biscuit which is delicious.
I meant Popeyes. I have corrected my oversight
Purple Haize wrote: December 20th, 2019, 4:57 am
Ah. The sandwiches at Popeye’s are very good. I still prefer CFA’s original. I liked the spicy mayo version more than the spicy from CFA. Definitely not worth fighting over. KFC’s Crispy Colonel is worth checking out as well.
adam42381 wrote: December 20th, 2019, 8:32 am
Purple Haize wrote: December 20th, 2019, 4:57 am
Ah. The sandwiches at Popeye’s are very good. I still prefer CFA’s original. I liked the spicy mayo version more than the spicy from CFA. Definitely not worth fighting over. KFC’s Crispy Colonel is worth checking out as well.
I also believe it must be referred to as The Bojangles :D
I have had the KFC Sammich but that Bowl is a great deal and too hard to pass up

@Jonathan Carone interesting about the spicy mayo thing. I feel that’s false advertising :D. They have no Sammich integrity :lol:
Purple Haize wrote: December 19th, 2019, 9:48 pm I tried Popeyes chicken Sammich yesterday. I liked that it was crispy, big plus, but other than that? Meh. Fries weren’t as good. Couldn’t get lemonade like Jesus Chicken. To be fair I was told I should have gotten the spicy one but I was unaware The Original wasn’t breaded the same was as their chicken.
I've has both (original and spicy) from Popeye's. They're ok, but definitely not worth fighting or killing over. Quite honestly, I prefer Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich and CFA for grilled chicken sandwiches, and no one beats the CFA sauce.
ATrain wrote: December 20th, 2019, 9:01 am
Purple Haize wrote: December 19th, 2019, 9:48 pm I tried Popeyes chicken Sammich yesterday. I liked that it was crispy, big plus, but other than that? Meh. Fries weren’t as good. Couldn’t get lemonade like Jesus Chicken. To be fair I was told I should have gotten the spicy one but I was unaware The Original wasn’t breaded the same was as their chicken.
I've has both (original and spicy) from Popeye's. They're ok, but definitely not worth fighting or killing over. Quite honestly, I prefer Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich and CFA for grilled chicken sandwiches, and no one beats the CFA sauce.
Wendy’s Spicy Chicken is pretty solid. Substitute honey mustard for mayo. Plus more readily available than the others
Agree about CFA sauce. Although I’m still partial to Polynesian
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 20th, 2019, 9:45 am CFA spicy with no pickle add pepper jack and ketchup.
Spicy Jesus Chicken is a bit much for me. And the Second Coming is usually a Tribulation with wailing and gnashing of teeth!
LU 57 liked this
Purple Haize wrote: December 20th, 2019, 10:22 am
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 20th, 2019, 9:45 am CFA spicy with no pickle add pepper jack and ketchup.
Spicy Jesus Chicken is a bit much for me. And the Second Coming is usually a Tribulation with wailing and gnashing of teeth!
:lol:

Spicy, no pickle. Not a ketchup guy. Ranch for the fries.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]