This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ElmersTwin wrote: November 20th, 2019, 10:14 am
thepostman wrote: November 18th, 2019, 8:04 am That is a huge difference. Jerry Falwell had his flaws for sure but he connected with faculty, staff and students. They, for the most part, trusted him and believed in him. It would appear, from the outside looking in, that has shifted quite a bit under the current leadership. Which is a a shame.
I think the key there is that Sr. didn't fully view LU as a business, but more of a mission, whereas Jr. has done the inverse. In the process, faculty and staff support has all but disappeared from the administration offices and it's all about efficiency, keeping enrollment at high numbers, and maximizing profit.
This 100%. What a crappy way to run a religious school.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
There certainly is a good argument for having a balance. Liberty was greatly in debt and had terrible business practices and it needed to be cleaned up quite a bit. I don't think anybody who has been around Liberty for a while would argue that point. The problem is it appears Jr over corrected and went to the extreme and isn't as worried about the ministry side of things. After all, he has David Nasser on staff to worry about that...
thepostman wrote: November 20th, 2019, 1:15 pm There certainly is a good argument for having a balance. Liberty was greatly in debt and had terrible business practices and it needed to be cleaned up quite a bit. I don't think anybody who has been around Liberty for a while would argue that point. The problem is it appears Jr over corrected and went to the extreme and isn't as worried about the ministry side of things. After all, he has David Nasser on staff to worry about that...
That's where I think we're so close to getting it right. If Jr and Nasser were equals reporting to a President, we're good to go. I just think he is too involved and a little too celebrity.

I really think we're five steps from a happy alumni base.

New President.
Jerry stops treading the political line and tweeting how he does.
Jerry stays on as Vice President of Campus and Asset Management.
Tenure.
Convo becomes a thought forum for opposing views. Political, theological, apologetics.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: November 20th, 2019, 9:53 pm
thepostman wrote: November 20th, 2019, 1:15 pm There certainly is a good argument for having a balance. Liberty was greatly in debt and had terrible business practices and it needed to be cleaned up quite a bit. I don't think anybody who has been around Liberty for a while would argue that point. The problem is it appears Jr over corrected and went to the extreme and isn't as worried about the ministry side of things. After all, he has David Nasser on staff to worry about that...
That's where I think we're so close to getting it right. If Jr and Nasser were equals reporting to a President, we're good to go. I just think he is too involved and a little too celebrity.

I really think we're five steps from a happy alumni base.

New President.
Jerry stops treading the political line and tweeting how he does.
Jerry stays on as Vice President of Campus and Asset Management.
Tenure.
Convo becomes a thought forum for opposing views. Political, theological, apologetics.
This might be something we see in the near future.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

It’s the common conversation on here. Trash[…]

G5 Playoff Only

There are some rumblings among the AD’s of G[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]