This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Thirdbase
Congrats to Dr. Prior. This is a major loss for LU. SEBTS will treat her well, as they should. More departures, unfortunately, are on the horizon. Many fine, long-term, well-respected faculty are looking to take their excellence elsewhere; it’s only prudent that they do so. Tough times.
Thirdbase wrote: October 24th, 2019, 9:08 pm Congrats to Dr. Prior. This is a major loss for LU. SEBTS will treat her well, as they should. More departures, unfortunately, are on the horizon. Many fine, long-term, well-respected faculty are looking to take their excellence elsewhere; it’s only prudent that they do so. Tough times.
"The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence"
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It’s obviously an inside joke between the two. I have no problem with the comment
To become the Academic institution that I think we all want LU to be it needs to hang on to these types of Professors. It needs to ask why they leave and why they can’t attract top talent. The answer is evident but is contrary to the Leaders Philosophy so nothing will change
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 25th, 2019, 9:18 am
Thirdbase wrote: October 24th, 2019, 9:08 pm Congrats to Dr. Prior. This is a major loss for LU. SEBTS will treat her well, as they should. More departures, unfortunately, are on the horizon. Many fine, long-term, well-respected faculty are looking to take their excellence elsewhere; it’s only prudent that they do so. Tough times.
What is it you have against people exercising their right to choose where they live and work (including student athletes)? She's obviously a VERY smart lady, and she decided this is what is best for her. I wish her well.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
And sometimes it is. Like in this case.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I certainly have disagreed with some of the things JLFJR has said and done recently, but that doesn't mean we need to read evil intent into EVERYTHING. On reading his tweet, it never occurred to me for one second that it was anything but friendly banter between friends, which included a high compliment about her passion for her work.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: October 25th, 2019, 10:31 am
What is it you have against people exercising their right to choose where they live and work (including student athletes)? She's obviously a VERY smart lady, and she decided this is what is best for her. I wish her well.
It's just that I am a firm believer in loyalty to a school, team, business, etc
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 25th, 2019, 10:58 am

Legit question here. Did you stay in the Army til the mandatory retirement age?
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
This is a big loss for LU. A published author, respected academic, generally positive notoriety, and from what I hear a very good teacher. LU needs more of this and right now is in short supply.

However, it doesn't surprise me. With the witch hunt that is underway, though I'm not accusing her of this, if it was found out she was one of Ambrosino's sources, it wouldn't shock me. And the school's reputation has to be embarrassing for her in the circles she runs in. LU isn't her only employer, and Jr. has attacked some of her other colleagues. SEBTS is a good school, and it's moving more in her direction in their sociopolitical philosophy. It makes sense, and I was expecting her to jolt much sooner.
oldflame wrote: October 25th, 2019, 12:19 pm

When I decided to make Army a career, I said I would do 20 years and retire, regardless of rank or assignment when time comes. The day I was eligible to put in paperwork for retirement, I did.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 25th, 2019, 1:18 pm

When I decided to make Army a career, I said I would do 20 years and retire, regardless of rank or assignment when time comes. The day I was eligible to put in paperwork for retirement, I did.
And was the army your first job? Did you stick around with your employer after the army until retirement?

Loyalty is a two way street
ballcoach15 wrote: October 25th, 2019, 1:18 pm

But you could have served longer than 20 years. Why didn’t you? Why were you disloyal to Big Green?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 25th, 2019, 3:02 pm I retired. I didn't leave the Army and go join the Air Force.
No, you joined the civilian force. The grass apparently looked greener. I want to be clear there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. It's just a bit disingenuous to insinuate others are somehow disloyal if they decide to change jobs.
oldflame wrote: October 25th, 2019, 3:28 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: October 25th, 2019, 3:02 pm I retired. I didn't leave the Army and go join the Air Force.
No, you joined the civilian force. The grass apparently looked greener. I want to be clear there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. It's just a bit disingenuous to insinuate others are somehow disloyal if they decide to change jobs.
It’s why he’s been called #fraudcoach from time to time. He only places expectations on others not himself. It’s what makes him so endearing. “Transfers are ruining college athletics”. Yet stays silent on transfers who come to LU. People shouldn’t leave their jobs. Yet he has left his and is perfectly fine when others leave jobs to come to LU or any place he deems worthy.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]