This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By CCWMichael
Hello,

We cancelled our reservations for homecoming in Lynchburg because none of the Marriott hotels were able to take our points. We booked along time ago but did not have points for a stay this weekend. Now we do, but they will not convert them for this stay.
So, we booked for free at a the Residence Inn in Waynesboro from Thursday to Sunday. Technically it cost us $12.50 to purchase the extra 1000 points we needed for a free stay.
The question is where are some nice family businesses to eat at near the Residence. When I say nice I mean locally owned and affordable (affordable for a family of three is anything under 70).
Thank you for your input.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
If The Fishin' Pig Waynesboro is anything like the one in Farmville, it'll be a decent meal. That said, I haven't been to Waynesboro or Staunton in years, but Yelp and Google reviews are a good place to start.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Send Bigsmooth a message. He lives up that way. Possibly could be the mayor. Ha.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I wish FlameConvert still posted here. He lives up that way, too.
By CCWMichael
Well done gentleman!
Fishing Pig looks like my type of fare. I should have known tacos would be involved somehow. Thanks Atrain.
Green Leaf looks nice and the Gimbo caught my attention but I am a scallop fan as well. Thanks JK.
I did a search for bigsmooth and came up with a reference leafly about the strain of bigsmooth cannabis! So, if we need to get hungry! May be connected to the Green Leaf but I am unable to confirm or deny. Thanks for the tip Purp ... or Perp?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote: October 13th, 2019, 10:30 am I did a search for bigsmooth and came up with a reference leafly about the strain of bigsmooth cannabis! So, if we need to get hungry! May be connected to the Green Leaf but I am unable to confirm or deny. Thanks for the tip Purp ... or Perp?
Bigsmooth is a forum member... so not a google search, just a member search.

Haize is a drug dealer, so there is that. :wink:
By CCWMichael
alabama24 wrote: October 13th, 2019, 4:39 pm
CCWMichael wrote: October 13th, 2019, 10:30 am I did a search for bigsmooth and came up with a reference leafly about the strain of bigsmooth cannabis! So, if we need to get hungry! May be connected to the Green Leaf but I am unable to confirm or deny. Thanks for the tip Purp ... or Perp?
Bigsmooth is a forum member... so not a google search, just a member search.

Haize is a drug dealer, so there is that. :wink:
I like my story better and adding yours about PH is perfect.

EDIT: I'm not that old I know that, just thought it was awesome what a google search brought up.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If you go to Fishin' Pig, don't even worry about the BBQ. Instead, get the CATFISH with a side of fried green tomatoes. That's the best catfish I've has since I left Oxford, MS.

Or they hava a Catfish and BBQ combo plate, if you absolutely insist on some BBQ.
By CCWMichael
Cider Jim wrote: October 13th, 2019, 9:42 pm If you go to Fishin' Pig, don't even worry about the BBQ. Instead, get the CATFISH with a side of fried green tomatoes. That's the best catfish I've has since I left Oxford, MS.

Or they hava a Catfish and BBQ combo plate, if you absolutely insist on some BBQ.
Hit the Fishin' Pig. I passed on the catfish as typically I can land flats, blues, and channels anytime I'd like a meal. I also prefer my own recipe.
I had the combo platter with fresh fried pork rinds. The andouille was fantastic. Loved the ribs. The brisket was a bit overdone but good. Pulled pork and chicken were good.
It must be a South West thing but making BBQ sauce with ketchup is a crime. So, I did not favor the ketchup based sauces. They are just a taste preference. My wife like the sweet BBQ sauce. Carolina style I despise. If I wanted vinegar I could just pour Malt Vinegar on.... but YUCK.
I always carry Franks with me so that was my fallback for the sauces.

Despite my pickiness with BBQ sauce I would definitely recommend this to anyone. Thanks for the lead!

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll:

Some statistics

After doing some checking, I discovered that in […]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]