This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Cider asked a question about ESPN+ recently and I thought I would update the topic. Disney announced today that they will bundle Disney+ along with ESPN+ and HULU (Ad Supported) for $12.99/mo. Netflix is toast!

I am unsure how this will alter our subscriptions. We currently have HULU (with Live TV)... I don't know if Disney will create bundles for us or not. At one point there was a rumor that they were going to get rid of the Live TV option. (For those who don't know, HULU (with Live TV) is essentially a competitor to satellite/cable service.)

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/08/06/di ... espn-hulu/
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I had not seen that news. That is an absolute steal. Especially since I already have Hulu and ESPN+ so that will actually save me money.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
How much does Netflex cost now?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: August 6th, 2019, 11:10 pm How much does Netflex cost now?
There are different price points, but the most popular one is $12.99 (same as the Disney/Hulu/ESPN bundle).
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I may see us subscribing to different services at different times of the year. I will certainly want Netflix for Stranger Things!
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: August 7th, 2019, 5:54 pm I may see us subscribing to different services at different times of the year. I will certainly want Netflix for Stranger Things!
This is what I do with anything other than Netflix and technically Amazon Prime but I use it for the fast shipping just as much if not more than the video. Doesn't make much sense to be subscribed to multiple streaming services all at one time unless you're the type that needs to be able to watch any show as soon as it is released.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote: August 7th, 2019, 6:28 pm Pass. Have zero interest in ESPN+ and Disney+
How is this possible? As a sports fan, ESPN+ is a dream come true and the amount of content that will be available between Hulu and Disney+ makes this bundle a no brainier.

I dropped my Netflix right after I finished stranger things and I don't see myself signing back up especially with this amazing combo becoming available this fall
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
we were already talking about how worthless netflix has become. outside of a few shows its basically worthless.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
I just subscribed to Hulu at the $6 a month tier. Actually the kids subscribed to it - they're each paying me $3 a month. I plan on getting DIsney+ (we'll probably watch it more than the DC Universe subscription I have now), and I'm paying for ESPN+. I'd be all over this package - hoping it becomes a reality.
By Class of 20Something
I think it's important to know that Disney owns 20th Century Fox, the Marvel universe and Star Wars.

This package is just as much for me as it is my wife and daughter
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 7th, 2019, 7:14 pm
lynchburgwildcats wrote: August 7th, 2019, 6:28 pm Pass. Have zero interest in ESPN+ and Disney+
How is this possible? As a sports fan, ESPN+ is a dream come true and the amount of content that will be available between Hulu and Disney+ makes this bundle a no brainier.

I dropped my Netflix right after I finished stranger things and I don't see myself signing back up especially with this amazing combo becoming available this fall
Of course, I realize it will have more interest to this board because of LU games being on there, but I have literally zero interest in watching the live sporting events they have. Even the college basketball and football they get are for largely meaningless teams. I have less than zero interest in the original content outside of the 30 for 30s, and I've seen all the 30 for 30s I want. Any of the premiere future 30 for 30s are just about guaranteed to be on a liner ESPN network because that's where the money is for them.

Disney doesn't interest me because I don't really care for children's movies, Marvel, or Star Wars. I do want to give Malcolm in the Middle a watch, but I can probably get that done in a month, maybe two, then wipe my hands clean of Disney+ in perpetuity.

I do like Hulu, but it's only $5.99 a month (which is a dang good bargain), and I only sign up for it when I am going to watch a bunch of stuff on there for a month, just like what I did about two months ago when I signed up for HBO Now for a month to watch Game of Thrones.

It makes no financial sense to stay signed up for several different streaming services every single month. Even when I had the summers off (without pay) at my previous job, I didn't have the time to keep up with all the content on several streaming services. I'd just be throwing away money by signing up for this bundle even if I was interested in all three.

However, HBO Max is potentially going to make things really interesting for me.
Last edited by lynchburgwildcats on August 13th, 2019, 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote: August 8th, 2019, 12:32 pm we were already talking about how worthless netflix has become. outside of a few shows its basically worthless.
Netflix's catalog is better than what Disney+ is going to be rolling out.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That is not even close to correct. The quality of Netflix has decreased drastically but it does appeal to some and will succeed because of it. Until Disney buys them in 10 years. (that is a joke. Kind of.)
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote: August 13th, 2019, 8:45 pmOf course, I realize it will have more interest to this board because of LU games being on there, but I have literally zero interest in watching the live sporting events they have.
It is my understanding that ESPN+ also rolls what was formerly called "ESPN Insider" into its subscription. Can anyone verify? The ability to read those articles and features is interesting.
By Class of 20Something
alabama24 wrote: August 13th, 2019, 10:18 pm
lynchburgwildcats wrote: August 13th, 2019, 8:45 pmOf course, I realize it will have more interest to this board because of LU games being on there, but I have literally zero interest in watching the live sporting events they have.
It is my understanding that ESPN+ also rolls what was formerly called "ESPN Insider" into its subscription. Can anyone verify? The ability to read those articles and features is interesting.
I can verify that. Also some old insider features on Fantasy are included too.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I wonder how this is going to work. I have a free subscription to hulu because of my spotify premium account. I also subscribe to ESPN+ but i'd like to add disney+. you think that i could just sign in with my ESPN+ login? or cancel my espn+ then reopen it?
By LU 57
flamesfilmguy wrote: August 16th, 2019, 11:48 am I wonder how this is going to work. I have a free subscription to hulu because of my spotify premium account. I also subscribe to ESPN+ but i'd like to add disney+. you think that i could just sign in with my ESPN+ login? or cancel my espn+ then reopen it?
Is that hulu subscription through a promotion? Or are all Spotify premium members entitled? If it is the latter I need to figure that out.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: August 16th, 2019, 11:51 am
flamesfilmguy wrote: August 16th, 2019, 11:48 am I wonder how this is going to work. I have a free subscription to hulu because of my spotify premium account. I also subscribe to ESPN+ but i'd like to add disney+. you think that i could just sign in with my ESPN+ login? or cancel my espn+ then reopen it?
Is that hulu subscription through a promotion? Or are all Spotify premium members entitled? If it is the latter I need to figure that out.
I believe it was a promotion back in the spring. Sprint offers free Hulu to their Sprint Unlimited subscribers.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote: August 13th, 2019, 8:46 pm
RubberMallet wrote: August 8th, 2019, 12:32 pm we were already talking about how worthless netflix has become. outside of a few shows its basically worthless.
Netflix's catalog is better than what Disney+ is going to be rolling out.
yeah...nope.

free roku/apple tv apps have nearly the same movie offerings for free. The netflix produced programing is 99% unwatchable. as other programing owners begin their own offerings their tv show catalog will dwindle.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: August 13th, 2019, 10:18 pm
I somehow still have ESPN Insider via the magazine that I canceled years ago. ESPN just never shut off my Insider access for some reason. I likely average less than one Insider article a month.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]