This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: January 31st, 2022, 3:33 pm He was referring to their actions, not their words.
What specific actions have Christians undertaken to make Trump their Lord and Savior? Have some gone overboard in the support? Sure. But saying people “love their Lord and Savior Trump” IS talking about actions. So where are the actions making Trump someone’s Lord and Savior?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: January 31st, 2022, 5:37 pm That's why I said people idolize all sorts of things in my initial comment. In this case, it was the Trump worship being addressed and has been an issue in the area I've lived more so than any other politician. I like a pastor who challenges me and/or the person next to me. It's helped me a lot in my walk with Christ.
I much prefer a pastor who challenges the person next to me. But challenge me? Hm, not so much. And I’ll gladly help him with my neighbor!

I kid! :lol:
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 10th, 2022, 8:46 pm You guys concerned with how the Trump administration handled official records, possibly classified? Or nah?

Was it covered at all in the Fox News echo chamber?

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ret-report

I'd really love for the conservative party to move on from this guy. It would be awesome.
Sensational Trump stories never pan out like originally reported. I suspect this will be more of the same. Obviously he did have documents at his Mar A Lago But they were handed back without much issue. It seems like a simple oversight/mistake by both the Administration and Archives.
But when you toss in alleged flushing papers down toilets! Well, now you have clicks! Even though that story makes no sense whatsoever. It sounds sensational and there is a book to sell
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, most likely desperate sensationalism at best. The story itself is pretty vague. The implication is that there's a cover-up of some kind.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 10th, 2022, 8:46 pm
I'd really love for the conservative party to move on from this guy. It would be awesome.
Conservatives and Libertarians have no choice, but to vote for him. Choosing not to vote or reaching for an obscure third-party guy equates to a half vote in favor of Biden, if you are indeed a true Conservative or Libertarian. In fact, you might as well add Moderate in there as well because any informed Moderate can see that Biden is not only completely incompetent, but also nothing more than a puppet of the Left.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/ ... tem-635164

It’s not even a secret that he tears things up, his enablers eventually figured out that he wouldn’t stop, so they just started collecting the scraps and taping them back together. It’s silly and ridiculous up until the point where you realize he may not just be doing it because he’s an idiot.

Regarding the Mar-a-Lago docs, the issue as far as I can see is the chain of custody of those docs. Sure, he gave them back, but in what state and who had access to them?
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: February 10th, 2022, 11:27 pm
Conservatives and Libertarians have no choice, but to vote for him.
I can see how that may have felt true in 2020, but I think it’s insane to say that in the present tense. The clear and sensible option is to repudiate Trump, rip the band aid off, and start looking for someone who could actually win an election in 2024. The longer Trump and his sycophants are allowed to linger, the worse the rot in the GOP gets.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: February 10th, 2022, 11:35 pm https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/ ... tem-635164

It’s not even a secret that he tears things up, his enablers eventually figured out that he wouldn’t stop, so they just started collecting the scraps and taping them back together. It’s silly and ridiculous up until the point where you realize he may not just be doing it because he’s an idiot.

Regarding the Mar-a-Lago docs, the issue as far as I can see is the chain of custody of those docs. Sure, he gave them back, but in what state and who had access to them?
Don tore up Chuck's letter? Maybe that explains why Nancy tore up Don's speech. These petty politicians.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: February 10th, 2022, 11:43 pm As if there's not a Biden/Harris problem that is far greater.
What does Biden/Harris have to do with the GOP’s play in 2024? Trump was the guy who couldn’t even beat them in the first place.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Just looking at it from a practical standpoint. If it's Biden vs. Trump, then Trump is the clear pragmatic choice.

We'll never know whether or not Biden could actually win under normal circumstances & without changes to the rules of the game that clearly favored him.

Trump was buried. The only reason he's back in the conversation is because of Biden's epic poor performance.
Last edited by paradox on February 11th, 2022, 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Depends on the Dem. I might vote for a Cory Booker, but there’s a long list of Dems I wouldn’t support. I’ll probably go 3rd party, then whoever wins, I can say “well, I didn’t vote for them.”
By Ill flame
paradox wrote: February 10th, 2022, 11:27 pm
Conservatives and Libertarians have no choice, but to vote for him. Choosing not to vote or reaching for an obscure third-party guy equates to a half vote in favor of Biden, if you are indeed a true Conservative or Libertarian. In fact, you might as well add Moderate in there as well because any informed Moderate can see that Biden is not only completely incompetent, but also nothing more than a puppet of the Left.
This is where it's nice to live in Alaska where we have ranked choice voting now. I will 100% be voting 3rd party despite considering myself a republican just because I can without my vote being thrown away.
thepostman liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
That's fine. But we're not there. Why get so impassioned over voting, when you claim to be, essentially, not voting?
By Ill flame
I really hope more states go to ranked choice. I think it could go a long way toward solving a lot of our issues.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Specifically talking about the national election. It's either/or. So, why get all hot and bothered, if you're not actually voting in a meaningful way? And....if you're an actual Libertarian, Conservative, Moderate, or even free-market Liberal...you're dealing half a vote in favor of the Left if you fail to vote against them.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: February 11th, 2022, 12:20 am Depends on the Dem. I might vote for a Cory Booker, but there’s a long list of Dems I wouldn’t support. I’ll probably go 3rd party, then whoever wins, I can say “well, I didn’t vote for them.”
You mean Spartacus
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Strange thing w/Stokes is that he's been preaching emphatically here that faith "informs" politics. Apparently, when your politics is "informed" by your faith.....you're aligned w/CB's positions.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
That’s what I like about CB, he’s very open about his faith and how it shapes his politics. He comes across as very genuine in his faith.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
For the record, I have never said exactly who I have voted for. I have a reputation around here to live up to after all!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]