This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Many of us have waited our entire lives for this day. Praise God! There is still work to be done as the death cult will continue to search for a place to sacrifice babies. Trump said he would nominate 2-3 pro life judges and Roe v Wade would be overturned. Check. Is there anything that he foretold that has not taken place?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: June 24th, 2022, 6:29 pm Many of us have waited our entire lives for this day. Praise God! There is still work to be done as the death cult will continue to search for a place to sacrifice babies. Trump said he would nominate 2-3 pro life judges and Roe v Wade would be overturned. Check. Is there anything that he foretold that has not taken place?
This was his best week. Promises made promises kept.

Now he needs to hand off the paton to Ron DeSantis and Tim Scott. After November. 👍
prototype liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: June 24th, 2022, 6:29 pm Many of us have waited our entire lives for this day. Praise God! There is still work to be done as the death cult will continue to search for a place to sacrifice babies. Trump said he would nominate 2-3 pro life judges and Roe v Wade would be overturned. Check. Is there anything that he foretold that has not taken place?
I will not step on this moment that could not have happened without the three justices he named to the court, and the three justices the Bush's named to the court, to list the several promises not kept. :)
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Not sure if any of you guys take a peak at Maxim-Lott from time to time, but I have found it to be more accurate than polling. GOP down only slightly after Roe decision for midterms.

As far as 2024 goes. Nikki Haley and Mike Pence with biggest gains in electability. Pence with clear lead in electability@70% w/Haley rising. But Trump remains favorite to win @40%
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: June 25th, 2022, 9:57 am Not sure if any of you guys take a peak at Maxim-Lott from time to time, but I have found it to be more accurate than polling. GOP down only slightly after Roe decision for midterms.

As far as 2024 goes. Nikki Haley and Mike Pence with biggest gains in electability. Pence with clear lead in electability@70% w/Haley rising. But Trump remains favorite to win @40%
Haley brings nothing as far as I'm concerned and Pence loses 1/3 of the base. They're not electable. If Trump endorses Ron DeSantis and Tim Scott it's a sure win. Trump running again would be another tight election. If he picked up Scott he might pull it out. Maybe.
Chippy liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Primaries will be interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if Trump eats Ron S's lunch there. However, Pence can pack a punch and he's a skilled debater. And Haley looks like she can hold her own.

Who will be the last three standing? That's the question. Trump will likely be in there, but who will be the other two? Should be interesting. Maybe someone new emerges?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Franklin Graham

I want to thank former President Donald Trump and former Vice President Mike Pence for all they did to make the Supreme Court decision ending Roe v. Wade possible. Theirs was the most pro-life administration in my lifetime! And President Trump’s appointment of conservative judges across this country will have an impact for years to come. I appreciate that when asked about Roe v. Wade being overturned, President Trump gave God the credit. Millions of people have prayed for this, and we thank God.
Purple Haize liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: June 25th, 2022, 10:22 am Primaries will be interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if Trump eats Ron S's lunch there. However, Pence can pack a punch and he's a skilled debater. And Haley looks like she can hold her own.

Who will be the last three standing? That's the question. Trump will likely be in there, but who will be the other two? Should be interesting. Maybe someone new emerges?
Let's see which one of these guys remembers what they learned in 8th grade Social Studies. Vote for the one that did.
Why export more than import?

Exporting can bring profits to a country or money into a country, helping stimulate its economic growth. Because imports may represent goods that another country cannot make, the exporting country often has a comparative advantage. The exporters may produce the goods at a lower opportunity or financial cost.

The US has a decades-long trade deficit, importing far more goods and services than it exports. The balance of imports and exports impacts GDP, exchange rates, and inflation levels. The US is the largest importer in the world.
Post Reagan we've been sold out by Washington. Biden, Clinton, McConnell families and more profited greatly overseeing it.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 15th, 2023, 9:38 am Out of curiosity, @TH Spangler, what kind of car do you drive?
I figure I know where you're going. I hate automobile payments. I'm an old guy that likes/prefers driving old trucks. Mine is 17 years old and runs and looks new. Made in United States: Fremont, California. And I have a 14 year old Corolla, like new, 40mpg, made in Cambridge, Ontario.

I will drive both until the last gas station closes if I have my way. :lol:
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: April 15th, 2023, 11:53 am
JK37 wrote: April 15th, 2023, 9:38 am Out of curiosity, @TH Spangler, what kind of car do you drive?
I figure I know where you're going. I hate automobile payments. I'm an old guy that likes/prefers driving old trucks. Mine is 17 years old and runs and looks new. Made in United States: Fremont, California. And I have a 14 year old Corolla, like new, 40mpg, made in Cambridge, Ontario.

Auto manufacturing is weird. We have a Subaru that was built in Indiana. A Ford built in Chicago and a Nissan built in Georgia
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: April 15th, 2023, 12:36 pm

Auto manufacturing is weird. We have a Subaru that was built in Indiana. A Ford built in Chicago and a Nissan built in Georgia
With parts from all over the world.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: April 15th, 2023, 8:43 pm
Purple Haize wrote: April 15th, 2023, 12:36 pm

With parts from all over the world.
According to my HS Social Studies class, the problem with that car begins when it contains more imported parts than domestically produced parts. :idea:
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Does it make much practical sense to even invest in a traditional gas powered vehicle nowadays? Where will you be in 5 years with that purchase? Talk about being behind the times.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
We will always be able to refine oil into gasoline. Not sure we will always be able to provide electricity for all those EV. Let alone getting the infrastructure up to do so
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Always seems to me like we’re trading one thing for another. If I’m not using oil/gas, and instead driving an EV, how is the power to propel the vehicle I’m using being generated? Coal?

Coal is what we’ve got BUNCHES of. But conservationists don’t want it. Yet every other energy alternative is expensive and unrealistic. :dontgetit

I’m most favorable of nuclear. But nobody wants to live near it.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Not saying that fossil fuels are going away. Just saying that we seem to be entering the twilight of the gas powered engine. Soon, that may turn out to be the true dinosaur.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 16th, 2023, 8:15 am And WHEN were you in high school? :lol:
I went long before a handful of American multinational company elites rewrote the curriculum, so they could enrich themselves at the expense of most of us.

Social Studies 101: :lol: When a country exports more goods and services than it imports, it creates a trade surplus. A trade surplus represents a healthy economy, as it demonstrates a positive flow of currency from foreign entities. Exporting can bring profits to a country or money into a country, helping stimulate its economic growth. The balance of imports and exports impacts GDP, exchange rates, and inflation levels.

But what happens when a country imports more than it exports? That's called a trade deficit, and it's not good for the economy. A trade deficit means that a country is spending more money on foreign goods and services than it is earning from selling its own. A trade deficit can lead to lower wages, higher unemployment, and increased debt. A trade deficit can also make a country more dependent on foreign suppliers, which can pose risks to its national security and sovereignty.

That's the situation we are in right now. After the 2000 U.S. trade deal with China (signed by President Bill Clinton with Bush era Republican approval) millions of middle-class jobs were outsourced. The result is lower wages for all of us, not just manufacturing workers. Contrary to the theory of free trade, broad losses in income caused by our trade policies outweigh the gains consumers get from cheaper imported products.

The overall U.S. trade deficit rose 12.2 percent in 2022, nearing $1 trillion as Americans purchased large volumes of foreign machinery, medicines, industrial supplies and car parts. The goods and services deficit reached $948.1 billion, its largest total on record, after rising $103 billion from the previous year.

Not manufacturing your own goods can create vulnerabilities in supply chains and national security. Supply chain disruptions can cause general economic disruption and key commodity shortages, which can drive aggressive national behavior and international instability. The absence of adequate domestic production capacity for essential goods, coupled with the frailty of on-demand global supply chains and reliance on them, can leave a country dangerously exposed during an international emergency.

That's why we need to rethink our trade policies and invest in our own industries. We need to create more jobs at home and reduce our dependence on foreign goods. We need to balance our trade and protect our national interests. We need to make America great again.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Bringing industry back is one of the few areas Trump did really well in and is one of the few areas Biden is actually focusing on improving on. Neither of them will admit that but I think it is something most Americans can agree is a good thing.

Here is some NPR for you...I'm sure you'll trust it 😉

Purple Haize liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: April 16th, 2023, 11:03 am

That's why we need to rethink our trade policies and invest in our own industries. We need to create more jobs at home and reduce our dependence on foreign goods. We need to balance our trade and protect our national interests. We need to make America great again.
Ok. How?

And how do you convince the American public they should pay more for domestic goods than they would on equitable foreign-made products?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: April 16th, 2023, 10:24 am Not saying that fossil fuels are going away. Just saying that we seem to be entering the twilight of the gas powered engine. Soon, that may turn out to be the true dinosaur.
The ICE is going to be around for a long time. EV’s will be shown to be niche or maybe greater. But ICE’s are not going away
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: April 16th, 2023, 4:18 pm Bringing industry back is one of the few areas Trump did really well in and is one of the few areas Biden is actually focusing on improving on. Neither of them will admit that but I think it is something most Americans can agree is a good thing.

Here is some NPR for you...I'm sure you'll trust it 😉

Democrat's words usally don't match their actions on this issue. Unless they can find a way to personally profit. Example, green scam.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: April 16th, 2023, 6:07 pm
paradox wrote: April 16th, 2023, 10:24 am Not saying that fossil fuels are going away. Just saying that we seem to be entering the twilight of the gas powered engine. Soon, that may turn out to be the true dinosaur.
The ICE is going to be around for a long time. EV’s will be shown to be niche or maybe greater. But ICE’s are not going away
Maybe so. But, the ICE is 150 year old technology. And now, something far superior has emerged. The momentum in the industrialized world seems to build by the day. What's going to stop it?
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]