This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: February 17th, 2022, 2:55 pm Yes, and I’ve explained why I disagree. Shentel has my DNS data, are they spying on me?

And I’m glad you’re confident that someone on Sussman’s level would know to go to the FBI. Of course it stands to reason that someone on Sussman’s level might know better than you do what he’s dealing with. It doesn’t seem nearly as clear-cut as you’re trying to make it.
Did you agree to have Shentel look at your DNS? Sell it to a 3rd Party etc? In this case the Anti Trump people were going so far as to say Shentel WASNT looking at the DNS (to use your example)
Sussman did what he did for a simple reason. He knew he could get away with it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 17th, 2022, 3:44 pm Man have I got some bad news for you about DNS records...
Meaning what? That 3rd Parties are checking them out?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 17th, 2022, 8:35 pmBingo
Not really the same as what we have here
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That just isn't true. I'm not going to sit here and say it is right but it is clear the general public isn't very knowledgeable on what DNS records actually are.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 17th, 2022, 10:14 pm That just isn't true. I'm not going to sit here and say it is right but it is clear the general public isn't very knowledgeable on what DNS records actually are.
And it’s very clear people are desperate to change the meaning of “spying”
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I don't think DNS collection will be the big story. Probably just a little peice of a bigger conspiracy. His testimony truthfulness seems to be the issue right now.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: February 17th, 2022, 11:41 pm
thepostman wrote: February 17th, 2022, 10:14 pm That just isn't true. I'm not going to sit here and say it is right but it is clear the general public isn't very knowledgeable on what DNS records actually are.
That isn't what I'm doing. Just pointing out the fact that dns records alone prove very little.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 18th, 2022, 5:08 am
Purple Haize wrote: February 17th, 2022, 11:41 pm
That isn't what I'm doing. Just pointing out the fact that dns records alone prove very little.
I know you’re not. But a simple scroll up will show others who are.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
I think that he may have been talking about thinking about thinking a thought regarding a specific way of thinking that both you & Brian Stelter both oddly share. So, indirectly you, maybe. Specifically Stelter, definitely.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Oh, so you admit it, then. You are a connoisseur of low-grade tattoos, bad music, shoddy music videos & unreliable news sources. And also, nasty-warm Shasta soda on a hot summer's day.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Setzer puts on a pretty good show and is an underrated guitarist. Saw him back around 2005 or so.

It’s not my favorite, but it’s far from crappy music, unless someone has very narrow tastes, which I would just refer to as an uneducated musical palette.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
It was all just a mischievous play on names. The actual Brian Stelter is the spin-meister who runs CNN's theatre of the absurd. You know, the man with, perhaps, the world's most unfortunate smile. He alone is discerning enough to know the truest definition of spying and corruption. Or, so we are told.
Purple Haize liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
If republican take the house in Nov they better not make McCarthy majority speaker. He is the definition of what was wrong with that party pre Trump. My take has nothing to do with the new tape and him Lying. For years everytime he opened his mouth he sounded disingenuous. There I feel better. :lol:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Today the Supreme Court said that Maine cannot exclude religious schools from a tuition assistance program that allows parents to use vouchers to send their children to public or private schools.

The 6-3 ruling is the latest move by the conservative court to expand religious liberty rights and bring more religion into public life, a trend bolstered by the addition of three of former President Donald Trump's nominees.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 21st, 2022, 5:26 pm Today the Supreme Court said that Maine cannot exclude religious schools from a tuition assistance program that allows parents to use vouchers to send their children to public or private schools.

The 6-3 ruling is the latest move by the conservative court to expand religious liberty rights and bring more religion into public life, a trend bolstered by the addition of three of former President Donald Trump's nominees.
That is only if their town doesn't have a public school already.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 3:30 pm
TH Spangler wrote: June 21st, 2022, 5:26 pm Today the Supreme Court said that Maine cannot exclude religious schools from a tuition assistance program that allows parents to use vouchers to send their children to public or private schools.

Sets a larger precedent in law. Are you against school choice and Christian schools being eligible JJ?
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 4:19 pm
Just John wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 3:30 pm

Sets a larger precedent in law. Are you against school choice and Christian schools being eligible JJ?
Certainly for school choice, as far as anyone should be able to choose public, private, or homeschool. I don't have an easy yes or no on Christian schools being eligible.

With government funds the government gets the nose deeper into the tent. You can be sure there will eventually be hoops/regulations required that will challenge our Christian values (pre-Trump kind. Sorry, just had to do it. :wink: ) But seriously, that is the biggest concern. If there were guarantees of autonomy (I doubt) and if there were enough money coming in so some of these already underfunded Christian schools could provided a good scholastic education, I'd probably be fine with it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Nice solid School Choice Ruling. 2nd Amendment Rights Bolstered. R v W overturned. So glad he was our President. Success like that should get your contract renewed not terminated
Chippy, TH Spangler, Cider Jim and 2 others liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: June 24th, 2022, 1:51 pm Nice solid School Choice Ruling. 2nd Amendment Rights Bolstered. R v W overturned. So glad he was our President. Success like that should get your contract renewed not terminated
Christians of all denominations who voted for him are vindicated. Always have been. McConnell deserves some credit too. He refused a vote on Garland & forced Roe into 2016 election.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]