This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Looks like someone at the State Dept is having some fun and trolling everybody.

Note the term end date/time :lol:

SOURCE

Let the conspiracy theories being...

Note, I don’t think this is real but there are a lot of people running with it. From what I can tell there hasn't ever been a bio page for the President on the State Dept site.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like we're looking at another House impeachment later this week. After that, a Senate trail, led by Schumur this time. Apparently, the Dems will need something like 17 GOP votes in the Senate in order to convict.
By Jonathan Carone
paradox wrote: January 11th, 2021, 5:43 pm Sounds like we're looking at another House impeachment later this week. After that, a Senate trail, led by Schumur this time. Apparently, the Dems will need something like 17 GOP votes in the Senate in order to convict.
There’s talk the House might vote to impeach this week but not send the articles to the Senate for trial until after Biden’s first 100 days.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Trump will go down in history as the first POTUS to get impeached twice. I'm sure this will bring strong thoughts.

Personally I think there is actually a decent case this time around as opposed to last time but I question the timing.

The Senate isn't coming back early so this will drag onto the next administration and I just don't know if it is worth it. I'd just like to move on.

Just my very basic 2 cents. Free of charge :D
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 13th, 2021, 5:37 pm Trump will go down in history as the first POTUS to get impeached twice. I'm sure this will bring strong thoughts.

Personally I think there is actually a decent case this time around as opposed to last time but I question the timing.

The Senate isn't coming back early so this will drag onto the next administration and I just don't know if it is worth it. I'd just like to move on.

A la, Nixon with Ford’s pardon.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
The question is--is there enough time for a third impeachment? Also, Trump should definitely ask Pence to impeach Pelosi.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 13th, 2021, 5:37 pm Trump will go down in history as the first POTUS to get impeached twice. I'm sure this will bring strong thoughts.

I guess demacrates just want to block him from being able to run again. Probably not well thought out. He could still endorse someone and I dont see much difference.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
He's remains the biggest threat to their agenda. He's an insurgent with strong blue collar appeal. It's really the mail-in voting that obscured this election--inflated numbers on both sides--no one will ever know who really would've won had things been normal. The Dems deserve credit for how they played the virus--but zero credit for their backward agenda.
TH Spangler, LUminary liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts

If the case is so strong this time, why are they circumventing rules and processes to do it. Because it’s Personal with Pelosi and some Democrats and has nothing to do with what’s best for the Country
By Jonathan Carone
And yet it was the most bipartisan impeachment of all time. While there were only 10 Republican House members to vote for it, that's still the most votes an impeachment has ever gotten from the side being impeached.
stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Nothing new under the sun. I remember with the last impeachment, the line was “see, it’s just a political stunt, otherwise the vote wouldn’t be divided by party!” Apparently it’s always been a problem that the parties won’t hold their own accountable.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 14th, 2021, 12:25 pm

If the case is so strong this time, why are they circumventing rules and processes to do it. Because it’s Personal with Pelosi and some Democrats and has nothing to do with what’s best for the Country
Obviously it is personal with her. It doesn't change the fact that it is a much stronger case than the case last time around.

I stand by everything I said. Even if Pelosi is ridiculous.
By Touchdownmaker
Jonathan Carone wrote: January 14th, 2021, 12:29 pm And yet it was the most bipartisan impeachment of all time. While there were only 10 Republican House members to vote for it, that's still the most votes an impeachment has ever gotten from the side being impeached.
10 out of 211.....not significant.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
You are both right, and what that tells us is that impeachment has become a totally political process, which is exactly the opposite of the founder's intention.
By Jonathan Carone
olldflame wrote: January 20th, 2021, 9:27 am You are both right, and what that tells us is that impeachment has become a totally political process, which is exactly the opposite of the founder's intention.
I think it shows it’s always been a political process and this time around it was more agreed upon than ever before. The senate will be where it gets really interesting.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
There will only be two parties. A labor party, working guy and the global elite wall street party. From a biblical worldview I look for the latter to do well, for a while.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
IF- big if- Trump starts his party, there will be 3 parties in play for some years until the dominant Conservative party squeezes out the other. Our first-past-the-post election system can’t sustain a 3rd party for too long, but until it all shakes out, conservative votes would be split and the Dems would have a solid grip on the country.

That’s why (noted personal bias aside) it may be in the Republicans’ best interest to pursue conviction in the impeachment proceedings. That would severely hamstring Trump in whatever machinations he may have post-white house.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’ve said this for 4 years and my mind has not changed. Trump WAS a 3rd Party. He was attacked by both Republicans and Democrats. His policies mostly aligned with current Republicans but were also pretty Democrat friendly in some areas. The GOP is gonna need to figure out how to reconcile itself
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]