This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: February 11th, 2022, 4:30 pm Cory Booker a man of faith? What faith is that? Baha'i?
Baha'i, need to bump this over to endtime prophecy thread. Study
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Not necessarily. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I respect him as a person and as a believer, which counts quite a bit towards whether or not I’d vote for someone.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
As long as he represents what you care about. That's all that matters. Democracy in action.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Very likable indépendant lady. Don't know where she's going with this industrial-military complex thing, though. Can only hope and pray that we're not going back to that.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
But oh, wait. Since only Fox will be covering this, it should all be appropriately fact-checked and carefully monitored by unusually trustworthy, yet very prestigious experts.
Purple Haize liked this
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: February 14th, 2022, 9:31 am But oh, wait. Since only Fox will be covering this, it should all be appropriately fact-checked and carefully monitored by unusually trustworthy, yet very prestigious experts.
The corporate media, cancel culture social media, propagandists and fact checkers no longer have any relevance and their days are numbered. Their audience is a minority and an echo chamber.
By jpwood
Registration Days
Seems to me most on this message board suffer from living in their own personal echo chamber. Just an outsiders perspective.

If you think I'm talking about you I probably am and if you DON'T think I am talking about you then I am 100% talking about you.
stokesjokes liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jpwood wrote: February 15th, 2022, 7:45 pm Seems to me most on this message board suffer from living in their own personal echo chamber. Just an outsiders perspective.

If you think I'm talking about you I probably am and if you DON'T think I am talking about you then I am 100% talking about you.
I was told we are all just prisoners here, v of our own device
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I've been shouting from the rooftop since the late 80"s that the CCP was creating a system to enrich our elected leaders and corporate leaders to sell out the rest of us. Biden family is a prime example. Mitch McConnell is another. And these woke corporations pointing fingers at us while getting rich off communist labor and environmental laws is disgusting

FoxNews, with all its pimples is the only msm outlet willing to report it.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
As far as Durham goes, people don't like Trump. Therefore they don't care. Some are probably even glad it happened. It's the bigger picture that should be concerning, though.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
There may be something to this and if there is then people should be punished for it but there is still so much more to come that it is impossible to reach any real conclusions. Also, one thing to remember is as much as the democrats have been a broken record about "Russia, Russia, Russia", Trump and his allies have been a broken record about being spied upon and little to nothing has come from either of those claims.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
C'mon now, stop acting like you can't see this. Same with your Fox assessments. You should be able to distinguish between entertainment, editorial content, and straight-up analysis. Fox has cornered the market on the credibility end. Sure, Charles Krauthammer is gone. But Bret Baier, Howie Kurtz, Brit Hume are as straight as there is with analysis.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
There’s 3 issues as far as I can tell with the reporting about Durham’s filings:

1. Misunderstanding of technology- DNS information is not what it’s been represented as.

2. Timeline issues- the DNS data from
The White House that was turned over to the CIA in the alleged Clinton campaign plot against Trump…was from before Trump moved in.

3. Misrepresentation of Durham’s filings. Durham’s filings have been represented to say and mean things that they unequivocally do not say or mean.

Now, would I be surprised if tomorrow they found a smoking gun that Hilary’s team wanted to push the Russia narrative? Of course not! I can assure you that’s 100% the case. That’s politics. That also doesn’t have any bearing on the truth of whether or not Russia interfered with the 2016 election. If I thought my opponent was doing something that made them look bad, I’d want to push it too.

It’s the same thing that’s happening on the other side with Trump’s accountant firm firing him. It may be a sign of something more, but there’s really not enough there yet to be a scandal. What we’re seeing is media companies running with threadbare stories as long as it fits their presuppositions. They’re much more careful about running stories that their customer base might not like.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Ari Fleischer made a good point....said something to the effect....that if the Mainstream Media was concerned with the the fact that they are among the least trusted institutions in the US, then they would've covered this as a legitimate news story. The only people who trust the press are the Dems.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Sure they trust it more than Republicans, but the mistrust of the press is a pretty universal thing across the political spectrum. Maybe it is for different reasons but the mistrust is without a doubt there across the board.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]