This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
yeah i think we all get that. a true insurrection would involve more than just dopes wandering around taking selfies of themselves. I don't think he intended for this to happen or wanted it to happen. but i think he clearly understood the seriousness of the situation and realized any chance of gathering needed support in fighting the election results was gone.

all he effectively has left is that moron who makes the crap pillow thanks to those yayhoos leroy jenkins'ing into the capitol building.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I don’t think Trump’s intentions were for those people to riot, but I think he could be held accountable for his negligence. Anyone with half of a brain knew something bad might happen as a result of Trump’s rhetoric about the election, whether he directly incited it or not. Fact is, he kept winding these people up with his lies until something bad did happen. He couldn’t be convicted in a criminal court for it, but I’m fine with the government barring him from office in the future because of it.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Trump's behavior is imbecile. No doubt. But those same principles of accountability would have to be applied to most of the Democratic Party--who, over the past four years, behaved like a raging herd of swine reminiscent of the legion exorcism in the Gospels.
TH Spangler liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I don't think Trump runs in 2024. I beleive he will endorse my dream team. That would be the smarest guy in the room and another with the biggest heart in the room. Pompeo - Scott.

Nikki can fill Scott's seat.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 5th, 2021, 8:50 am I don't think Trump runs in 2024. I beleive he will endorse my dream team. That would be the smarest guy in the room and another with the biggest heart in the room. Pompeo - Scott.

Glad you’ve jumped on the train. Trump can still play King Maker but his time on the Throne is done
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 5th, 2021, 8:41 pm
TH Spangler wrote: March 5th, 2021, 8:50 am I don't think Trump runs in 2024. I beleive he will endorse my dream team. That would be the smarest guy in the room and another with the biggest heart in the room. Pompeo - Scott.

Glad you’ve jumped on the train. Trump can still play King Maker but his time on the Throne is done
To be clear, Nikki can take Scott's Senate seat.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 6th, 2021, 4:53 am
Purple Haize wrote: March 5th, 2021, 8:41 pm

To be clear, Nikki can take Scott's Senate seat.
To be even clearer, that would be Tim Scott's seat (as opposed to Rick Scott's.)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m still Team Pence
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 6th, 2021, 12:58 pm I’m still Team Pence
He's not strong enough to stand up to those selling out our future, receiving riches from the Chinese money spigot.

Also good choices would be Tom Cotton or Devin Nunes. Not sure about Ron DeSantis, but maybe.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 7th, 2021, 10:05 am
Purple Haize wrote: March 6th, 2021, 12:58 pm I’m still Team Pence
He's not strong enough to stand up to those selling out our future, receiving riches from the Chinese money spigot.

Also good choices would be Tom Cotton or Devin Nunes. Not sure about Ron DeSantis, but maybe.
He seemed pretty strong against Kamala. If Trump gives his blessing that would unleash a lot of that support.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I mean that would require a complete 180 on Trump's part after completely throwing him under the bus back in January. This would also mean he'd be admitting he was wrong which is also not something Trump would do.

I like Pence and he'd get my vote but I highly doubt Trump would do a 180 on him.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: March 7th, 2021, 11:07 am I mean that would require a complete 180 on Trump's part after completely throwing him under the bus back in January. This would also mean he'd be admitting he was wrong which is also not something Trump would do.

I like Pence and he'd get my vote but I highly doubt Trump would do a 180 on him.
As a non Trump supporter I can see how this confuses you. Trump can endorse Pence without admitting any wrong. You probably don’t recall all the times he’d get in verbal fisticuffs with people only to turn around and work out a deal with them later. He kept trying to work with Nancy and even worked with Schumer. It’s totally within his personality to endorse/support/work with whom he has sparred in the past.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Working with people is a lot different than throwing your support behind somebody. I don't see it happening. There are plenty of other people who have kissed Trump’s brass ring that will get his support before Pence. Which is a shame because I think he would be a fantastic President.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I mean that would require a complete 180 on Trump's part after completely throwing him under the bus back in January. This would also mean he'd be admitting he was wrong which is also not something Trump would do.

in the world of politics this happens all the time. trump may be an outlier for sure, but there is plenty of imagery of politicians across the aisle chumming it up. even easier when you are on the same side of the aisle.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
That’s pretty good. Esp the Vice one
TH Spangler liked this
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]