This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 7th, 2020, 1:05 pm I'm hearing some VP Haley talk on foxnews
I suppose anything could happen, but in his Fox News town hall, Trump was adamant that Pence will be his running mate.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: March 7th, 2020, 3:07 pm It’s not like he’s never not told the truth before.
That’s the best you got?

Booting Pence in favor of Haley makes no sense at any level. That rumor was started awhile ago by “unnamed sources close to the White House”. I want to say I saw Paul Bengals repeat it recently as soon to be fact.
If Pence doesn’t have any Presidential aspirations I can absolutely see Trump backing Haley in 2024. But it benefits him in no way to move Pence out at this point

But yeah, let’s stick with your line of reasoning. Because he’s the only person in politics who has said things that turned out not to be true :roll:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I guess it is possible if there is any kind of real political fall out with how Pence handles the Coronavirus but that seems like a stretch. Pence is the perfect VP for Trump. He is quiet and stays out of the way.

Trump is the king of misdirection but this seems like a stretch.
Purple Haize liked this
By Jonathan Carone
You took a lot more out of that than I wrote.

All I was saying is it wouldn’t be past him to say one thing and do another.

It wouldn’t be past any other presidential candidate to do that same thing.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: March 7th, 2020, 3:16 pm I guess it is possible if there is any kind of real political fall out with how Pence handles the Coronavirus but that seems like a stretch. Pence is the perfect VP for Trump. He is quiet and stays out of the way.

Trump is the king of misdirection but this seems like a stretch.
Absolutely agree with that assessment. He’s the “anti-Trump” in terms of demeanor. Politically he probably a lot more conservative than Trump. But I don’t know if he’d fight like Trump. I will be curious to see if he has 2024 aspirations
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 8th, 2020, 8:13 pm VP Haley would depend on who dems run as vp
No it wouldn’t. If Trump bails on Pence now it would confirm a lot of what people are saying in regards to his lack of loyalty etc. I don’t understand why people keep propping up this narrative?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: March 8th, 2020, 9:00 pm Because Pence is as vanilla as it gets. His political career is at its absolute peak right now.

Haley is interesting and has a future.

When people are bored, they make up things to talk about.
This. Haley is very interesting but there are 0 signals this will happen. Great talk around a bar though
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
So, absolutely no run from VP Pence in 2024, even if he and President Trump win a second term?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 9th, 2020, 10:03 am So, absolutely no run from VP Pence in 2024, even if he and President Trump win a second term?
That’s a great question to ponder. He’s probably more conservative than Haley. But does he have the WOW factor she does? I don’t believe so. He could pull a Cheney and Biden and not run
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: March 9th, 2020, 12:31 pm He could try but he'd almost certainly get beat, probably in the primaries.
I kind of agree, but here is the counter argument:

The more charismatic candidates duke it out and many of the die hard Trump supporters settle on "Trump, Part III." Of course, this is all academic if Trump doesn't win re-election. I don't think Pence has a prayer if Trump loses.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Changing the subject a little. I believe the chickens have come home to roost. 89% of our economy is service related. The pandemic is destroying it. It has no foundation. The reality of our situation can't be hidden any longer. Donald Trump and people like myself have been howling at the moon trying to warn our so called leaders for over to two decades offshoring everything is bad. Even networks like Bloomberg, CNBC are now airing guest explaining it. Their anchors look dumb founded. I believe we elected Trump 8 years to late. I'm praying God grants him wisdom to raise our nation from the trash heap. :?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Trey Gowdy, looks like he's trying to make what's criminal into mere politics? I think it's to late for that. Demacrates should have quit digging and accepted defeat a long time ago to avoid Durham. They don't even have enough sence to see that Barr is trying to clean up without jailing some of them. :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Wow. Rabi. Lawyer. Obviously an ultra conservative magazine but a pretty intense article that holds no punches back. No conspiracy theories. No Getty’s or Col Sanders looking to take over the World but......dude brought a flame thrower to a horse shoe contest. He does leave out the Right leaning media so there is that, but this is a pretty scathing piece and one I know reflects the thoughts of several of my cohorts. Just maybe not as.....intense

https://spectator.org/a-time-to-hate/
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I can't imagine having so much hate for a man I don't know. He keeps saying he accepted Obama as his president but it is clear that isn't the case.

Obama had a ton of flaws and made a ton of mistakes. Mistakes that will take years to correct. So did Bush and so did Clinton and so did every other president. Because when you are in a position like that your choices have longterm effects. I think it is becoming clearer that Obama and his administration were much more shady than we ever really knew. You can find left leaning media confirming that.

But, I absolutely hate when leaders blame the guy who came before them for their failures. I have seen it out of military leaders and I see it ourt of political leaders. It may be true but it doesn't help.

But it is politics where it is much easier to point out the other guys flaws than take responsibility for our actions. It is like this in life too. We often point out flaws of others because it is easier than looking at our own. I do this way more often than I would like.

I have no idea why I just went on this long rant.

Summary. I agree with a lot this guy is saying but I'm not really sure how it helps. Other then to remind us how corrupt our federal government is.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
See? We are not that far apart. Like I said its a little extreme but does encompass a whole lot of where I’m at
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
We aren't far apart. I'm fairly conservative in my political views so that isn't surprising. I have said over and over again that I like some of what Trump has done but I think he does more harm than good with his approach.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Not to brag, but I always saw Gowdy for what he was. A tough talking wimp whom, when given the chance to do something other than posture in front of a TV camera, was too scared to actually do anything.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: May 12th, 2020, 10:18 am We aren't far apart. I'm fairly conservative in my political views so that isn't surprising. I have said over and over again that I like some of what Trump has done but I think he does more harm than good with his approach.
I’ll take his actions over his words. I’m used to dealing with braggarts and blowhards.
G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]

I don't know if it's changed since I went but the […]

Some statistics

Our team ERA currently sits at #78 nationally. Our[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Agree. I’ll add to that- I think we’[…]