This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Just John
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 7th, 2021, 10:05 am
Purple Haize wrote: March 6th, 2021, 12:58 pm I’m still Team Pence
He's not strong enough to stand up to those selling out our future, receiving riches from the Chinese money spigot.

Also good choices would be Tom Cotton or Devin Nunes. Not sure about Ron DeSantis, but maybe.
I like Pence other than his total fealty to Trump and would work hard to put that aside and vote for him but Nunes? IMO he's not a serious congressman, much less a serious candidate for president. He will be too busy filing his nonsensical lawsuits against @DeninNunesCow and @DevinNunesMom not to mention several others that have been thrown out of court or he has backed away from. He's also one of the congressman who gave their vote by proxy and called in sick but showed up at CPAC. Not a serious person.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Trump just announced on Mornings With Maria Bartiromo he's 100% in for 2024. Likes DeSantis for VP.

I think I prefer POTUS DeSantis, VP Tim Scott and Pompeo back to secretary state.
LU 57 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I hope you’re ready for the Dems to run things for a while. Trump announcing a run is bad news for Republican chances.

He’s now at a point where enough people follow him specifically that if he doesn’t get the nomination, his base isn’t going to support the other guy (and let’s be real, there’s no way Trump gives any kind of endorsement to the guy that beats him).

On the other hand, if he gets the nomination, he’s so divisive that anyone with a heartbeat from the Dems would beat him at this point. See: Joe Biden 2020.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: April 29th, 2021, 7:45 am Trump just announced on Mornings With Maria Bartiromo he's 100% in for 2024. Likes DeSantis for VP.

I think I prefer POTUS DeSantis, VP Tim Scott and Pompeo back to secretary state.
Is there a video on this anywhere? I haven't seen any news about this anywhere else. Seems like a pretty big announcement.
Purple Haize liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: April 29th, 2021, 8:57 am
TH Spangler wrote: April 29th, 2021, 7:45 am Trump just announced on Mornings With Maria Bartiromo he's 100% in for 2024. Likes DeSantis for VP.

Is there a video on this anywhere? I haven't seen any news about this anywhere else. Seems like a pretty big announcement.
I watched it live this morning. It was part of a very very long interview.
By LU 57

I really like DeSantis/Scott as a ticket.
Purple Haize liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: April 29th, 2021, 10:43 am

I really like DeSantis/Scott as a ticket.
Me too. Trump was the wrecking ball the republican party needed to clear the way for men like DeSantis, Scott and Pompeo. Trump needs to stay engaged, but accept his roll.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
We've had a shrinking middle class for decades. The rich actually are getting richer. The real concern may be a drift toward a legitimate facist-like situation. Jonah Goldberg has written a number of essays on this issue. I always thought that he was at his best when focusing on this subject. (actual fascism in a nutshell is statist political elites aligned w/big business)
TH Spangler liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: April 29th, 2021, 3:16 pm We've had a shrinking middle class for decades. The rich actually are getting richer. The real concern may be a drift toward a legitimate facist-like situation. Jonah Goldberg has written a number of essays on this issue. I always thought that he was at his best when focusing on this subject. (actual fascism in a nutshell is statist political elites aligned w/big business)
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Anyone keeping up with the beating Sidney Powell was taking in court yesterday?

Brief summary:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/facing-sancti ... d=78804720

Also, a few days ago a judge dismissed their bid to keep some of their star “witnesses” anonymous, seemingly an attempt to keep the court from finding out they had lied about who these people were.

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/j ... ey-powell/
adam42381 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
There are some quality Q boards out there who are raging about all of this. Sad stuff but quality entertainment.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
My favorite is Lin Wood throwing Powell under the bus by claiming “I put my name on it, but I didn’t do any of this work.” It’s… not a stellar defense against claims of legal malpractice.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
You just wait for pillow guy to reveal his super secret info on 8/14. It will all be revealed in two weeks. :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote: July 13th, 2021, 10:00 pm You just wait for pillow guy to reveal his super secret info on 8/14. It will all be revealed in two weeks. :lol:
I’m still waiting for Trump to be reinstated from back in March…

Lookit. The only people who put any stock into those types of proclamations are the Anti Trump cloud who just can’t let go and those on the Right using it for fund raising.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 13th, 2021, 10:12 pm
adam42381 wrote: July 13th, 2021, 10:00 pm You just wait for pillow guy to reveal his super secret info on 8/14. It will all be revealed in two weeks. :lol:

Lookit. The only people who put any stock into those types of proclamations are the Anti Trump cloud who just can’t let go and those on the Right using it for fund raising.
The problem is the right, for the most part, isn’t denouncing the BS. It’s all grift.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts

What!?? Did you hear some of the stuff at CPAC this weekend? It has absolutely infiltrated the entire party. But anybody who points this out is labeled a RINO or part of the 'radical left'.
adam42381 liked this
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 13th, 2021, 10:21 pm

What!?? Did you hear some of the stuff at CPAC this weekend? It has absolutely infiltrated the entire party. But anybody who points this out is labeled a RINO or part of the 'radical left'.
I remember the days when the GOP used to actually care about policy, now it's just a bunch of worshiping Trump like a God, white grievance politics, memes, fear mongering, and owning the libs.

They'll literally kill themselves and their constituents (see the rampant anti-COVID vax stuff) if it means doing the opposite of what the libs want.

Hell, I even used to vote for the R candidate nearly every single time. Likely any chance of ever voting for an R again in my lifetime went out the door when they decided to go down the path of authoritarian radicalization in the name of the false prophet Donald Trump.
adam42381 liked this
By Jonathan Carone
I actually wish we could quantify how many middle of the road conservatives under 40 have stopped voting Republican because of the last five years. The “I used to be pretty conservative but I can’t vote for that” way of thinking is something I hear a lot.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]