This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 21st, 2020, 11:56 am For the record, I'm not on vacation yet.

Fake news.
Your FB Post is fake news then. Typical Deep Stater that you are I. Not surprised Study
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Hahaha

Technically my leave starts tomorrow. Got 2 work related calls this weekend. Jokes on them. Now my work phone will officially be turned off starting tomorrow.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: June 21st, 2020, 10:13 am
oldflame wrote: June 21st, 2020, 9:57 am Huge mistake by the Trump campaign to hype that almost a million people requested tickets for a 22,000 seat venue.
It isn’t a good look. But it’s easy to turn around. The viewing numbers are unbelievable. While I’m no Alex Jones lover there were over 1 million watching the rally on his stream.

This thread has a lot viewing stats. This is what a Team a Trump will focus on. His detractors will focus on the fact that there was no over flow and it was not sold out. They certainly won’t focus on it dwarfing the size of any of Biden’s gatherings

I've seen the Ball Brothers get more Facebook views for a game over in Europe.

I've also been to well over a dozen D3 football games that had higher attendance than that rally. :lol:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote: June 21st, 2020, 11:23 pm
Purple Haize wrote: June 21st, 2020, 10:13 am
oldflame wrote: June 21st, 2020, 9:57 am Huge mistake by the Trump campaign to hype that almost a million people requested tickets for a 22,000 seat venue.
It isn’t a good look. But it’s easy to turn around. The viewing numbers are unbelievable. While I’m no Alex Jones lover there were over 1 million watching the rally on his stream.

This thread has a lot viewing stats. This is what a Team a Trump will focus on. His detractors will focus on the fact that there was no over flow and it was not sold out. They certainly won’t focus on it dwarfing the size of any of Biden’s gatherings

I've seen the Ball Brothers get more Facebook views for a game over in Europe.

I've also been to well over a dozen D3 football games that had higher attendance than that rally. :lol:
Now that there is some world class statistical cherry picking. :clapping
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Well he is a self proclaimed Troll so what do you expect?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Not only cherry-picked, also :BS

https://www.d3football.com/notables/top ... attendance

Not sure what he is claiming the rally attendance was, but the 22,000 seat arena looked to be about 2/3 full. There have been about a dozen games in the entire history of D3 football that met or exceeded that number, and about half of them were played in Minnesota.. I'll accept the possibility that Shuck might have been at the 100th game between Hampton-Sydney and Randolph-Macon in 1994 which drew over 14,000 (although I suspect he was pretty young then).
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
A spokesperson for the Tulsa Fire Department told Fox News on Sunday that fire marshal records show just under 6,200 scanned tickets were logged for the rally at the BOK Center. The figure doesn't include Trump team staff members or private suites, which were fully booked.
SOURCE
adam42381 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 8:11 am
A spokesperson for the Tulsa Fire Department told Fox News on Sunday that fire marshal records show just under 6,200 scanned tickets were logged for the rally at the BOK Center. The figure doesn't include Trump team staff members or private suites, which were fully booked.
SOURCE
I have to admit the violent Biden rallies are growing as big as the peacefully Trump rallies. :cry:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Biden is holding official rallies? News to me. Do you have sources on that?

I'm being facitious obviously since he hasn't held any rallies and I don't see that happening anytime soon.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 7:38 am Not only cherry-picked, also :BS

https://www.d3football.com/notables/top ... attendance

Not sure what he is claiming the rally attendance was, but the 22,000 seat arena looked to be about 2/3 full. There have been about a dozen games in the entire history of D3 football that met or exceeded that number, and about half of them were played in Minnesota.. I'll accept the possibility that Shuck might have been at the 100th game between Hampton-Sydney and Randolph-Macon in 1994 which drew over 14,000 (although I suspect he was pretty young then).
The official attendance cited by Tulsa officials is 6,200.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Please don't go down this road. I see 10 of these vids a day that are uglier than that .... leftwing nuts hating on nearly everything. I prefer to watch pastor JD vids. :lol:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
So you don't see a problem with the president retweeting a video voicing his support to people, one of which yells "white power"?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 28th, 2020, 10:57 am So you don't see a problem with the president retweeting a video voicing his support to people, one of which yells "white power"?
Yes I do .... but my guess is he didn't pick up on it. For the record I believe Trump, Biden etc are just men playing their roll in Gods timeline. If you followed JD you might be suprise to know his view of Trump.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Ok. I wasn't sure at first because your first reaction was to point out the awful things people say on the left (which is accurate).

I can only handle so much end times talk. I grew up in the Independent Fundamental Baptist movement and got it drilled into my head for years. I'm still recovering. :lol:
adam42381 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 28th, 2020, 11:13 am Ok. I wasn't sure at first because your first reaction was to point out the awful things people say on the left (which is accurate).

I can only handle so much end times talk. I grew up in the Independent Fundamental Baptist movement and got it drilled into my head for years. I'm still recovering. :lol:
POTUS must be reading this. WH just put out a news release that the tweet was removed and he did not hear that guy. Just saw it on Media Buzz.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Trump connected lobbyists reap windfall in federal virus aid

Forty lobbyists with ties to President Donald Trump helped clients secure more than $10 billion in federal coronavirus aid, among them five former administration officials whose work potentially violates Trump’s own ethics policy, according to a report.

The lobbyists identified Monday by the watchdog group Public Citizen either worked in the Trump executive branch, served on his campaign, were part of the committee that raised money for inaugural festivities or were part of his presidential transition. Many are donors to Trump’s campaigns, and some are prolific fundraisers for his reelection.
Granted this is nothing new but it just is more proof that the whole "draining the swamp" slogan is simply words with no substance. It is politics as usual in Washington from a guy who claims to be different. It is that disingenuous behavior that has always been my biggest issue with Donald Trump.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 6th, 2020, 4:09 pm Trump connected lobbyists reap windfall in federal virus aid

Forty lobbyists with ties to President Donald Trump helped clients secure more than $10 billion in federal coronavirus aid, among them five former administration officials whose work potentially violates Trump’s own ethics policy, according to a report.

The lobbyists identified Monday by the watchdog group Public Citizen either worked in the Trump executive branch, served on his campaign, were part of the committee that raised money for inaugural festivities or were part of his presidential transition. Many are donors to Trump’s campaigns, and some are prolific fundraisers for his reelection.
Granted this is nothing new but it just is more proof that the whole "draining the swamp" slogan is simply words with no substance. It is politics as usual in Washington from a guy who claims to be different. It is that disingenuous behavior that has always been my biggest issue with Donald Trump.
I’ll put the 72 hour rule into effect and get back to you
Lobbying is so incestuous in DC it’s impossible to end it. Everyone hates Lobbyists and Special Interests Groups. Yet they never acknowledge they are a Special Interest Group with lobbyists
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 6th, 2020, 6:58 pm But it is probably the thickest part of the swamp that was suppose to be drained. Or so I thought.
I think it’s you making up stuff again. I was under the impression it was career politicians and government employees You know like Lerner, Paige, Stroyzk etc. I’m not sure he meant lobbyist but I could be wrong.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I mean they are the worst kind of swamp because lobbyists groups are there forever.

But it goes down as just another stupid slogan like Obama and his "hope and change" crap. What did Obama mean by that? Nobody actually knows including him, but plenty of people interpreted it their own way. That is exactly how I view the "drain the swamp" slogan. Trump doesn't know what it means but it sounds good and gets his base fired up.

Why is that? Because Trump is just like every other career politician. Congrats. He did it! :D
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]