This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm 5 episodes in and I think I am enjoying this season more than the other 2 which I didn't think was possible. Now I am going to bed like a responsible adult who has to wake up early for work.

What are your thoughts? Please no spoilers! Just general thoughts so far.
JK37 wrote: July 8th, 2019, 7:59 am I’ve never watched the show. See a lot of talk about it. Can someone give me a synopsis?
E.T. meets Super 8 meets a campy, coming of age story, made with quality 21st century sfx. The soundtrack is classic and even their original scores feel like lost songs to unknown pinball machines.
We have one episode left. I tried to get my wife to stay up last night to finish it but she wanted to be a responsible adult.

I've enjoyed each season individually and I'm not sure if I have a favorite. As a child of the 80's, it definitely hits the nostalgia button for me and reminds me of growing up. I am enjoying this season quite a bit though. It's had some fun moments.

My only complaint is that they need to crank out seasons a little faster so that these kids aren't 35 years old and still in high school or something (unless they want to transition to a 90210 vibe).
JK37 wrote: July 8th, 2019, 7:59 am I’ve never watched the show. See a lot of talk about it. Can someone give me a synopsis?
It's a modern show that's an homage to many of the classic 80's films (influences include E.T., Gremlins, Goonies, Explorers, Stand By Me, Carrie, Firestarter, Pretty In Pink, are just some that I could think of off the top of my head that influenced the first few seasons).
At least they don't pick up the story right where each season left off making it odd that the kids are aging. But yeah, less time between seasons would be great.

I kind of hope they stop at season 4. Shows like this tend to get watered down after 4 seasons.
I believe they have a plan to have a definite end at 4 or 5 seasons. The show runners have said they want to end on a high note and not just spin their wheels for years. How Netflix feels about that might be another story, LOL. I do think the the show could support a spin off, with the right story.
adam42381 wrote:Finished it tonight. Loved it. Wish they’d be done at this point because this was kind of the perfectly tied bow knot to end it.
Yeah, I could see it ending with this last episode. However, I think one more season would be better. Obviously I can't say more without spoiling but I think there are a few directions they could go next season that wouldn't feel like they were trying too hard.
thepostman wrote:Yeah there is. There will certiantly a 4th season and maybe a 5th if Netflix gets their way but I'm hoping they stop at 4
Yeah, there will be a 4th season for sure. I would love to see that be the end of this core story. I wouldn't be opposed to some sort of spin off series set within the same continuity. Heck, would even be interesting to go full Steven King and pull an "IT" and revisit it with some of the same characters in a more modern setting 20 years later or so. I think the world they've built is solid enough to where they could keep building on it for years to come.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]