This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Anyone see the sparring going on between Falwell and Cortez?

I haven't agree with everything from Jerry, but glad he stood up here.

1) AOC took to Twitter to claim Jerry made his "end these Muslims" comment this weekend. She also ignored the context of what Jerry was saying when he did actually say it in 2015.
2) Then falsely accused Jerry of threatening to shoot her. He simply made it clear that if someone tries to steal his cows he will stop them.
3) It ended with him inviting her to come speak at convo.
By Jonathan Carone
While I don't care for calling her dumb, his point is solid. She took what he said out of context, attributed it to a different time than it was (which wasn't a mistake - she's too good politically to say that was a mistake), and try to get people up in arms about something totally different. I also like that he invited her to convo.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Is she too good politically? She continuously does this kind of thing in order to move her agenda forward. She stretches the truth just to make a point.

Kind of reminds me of what President Trump does..

I guess he is good too, he did get himself elected. Carry on...
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Pretty smart on Jerry’s part to invite her to convo after calling her dumb and a liar knowing well enough she’s not going accept the invite after the insult.

Jr is so dumb for even engaging with her and the comment at CPAC is the classic foot in mouth. Made it right after he was talking about him carrying guns.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan has been delivering good points on social media use in some of his messages. Stepped on my toes. :oops: :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
AOC is the gift that keeps giving. Her statements are humorous for the fact that she believes them. I will be interested to see how long she’s around. She reminds me of a less accomplished and intelligent version of Sara Palin. I would love for her to come speak at Convo.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I loved Sara Palin.
I love ParaSailin
How long have you been sitting on this?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:AOC is the gift that keeps giving. Her statements are humorous for the fact that she believes them. I will be interested to see how long she’s around. She reminds me of a less accomplished and intelligent version of Sara Palin. I would love for her to come speak at Convo.
Less accomplished? Yes.

Less intelligent? I'd argue that they are both fall into the same intellectual category.

The Republican party keep focusing on her and the things she says because of the flaws but if they continue to do that they will fall into the same trap the democratic party has fallen into with trump. The Democrats spend so much time worrying about what Trump does and says they have lost touch with who they are. If the GOP continues to do the same with AOC they risk losing their way even more than they have.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:AOC is the gift that keeps giving. Her statements are humorous for the fact that she believes them. I will be interested to see how long she’s around. She reminds me of a less accomplished and intelligent version of Sara Palin. I would love for her to come speak at Convo.
Less accomplished? Yes.

Less intelligent? I'd argue that they are both fall into the same intellectual category.

The Republican party keep focusing on her and the things she says because of the flaws but if they continue to do that they will fall into the same trap the democratic party has fallen into with trump. The Democrats spend so much time worrying about what Trump does and says they have lost touch with who they are. If the GOP continues to do the same with AOC they risk losing their way even more than they have.
I’d say less intelligent by a mile. She’s a “true believer”. Trump speaks in the hyperbole of a successful marketer and business person. I will say AOC is taking some of the things she does out of the Trump play book in regards to her use of social media. But again, the huge difference is that she believes this stuff. At worst Trump has the wisdom of age and experience. AOC has the affirmation that everyone gets a trophy
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I honestly believe she is just the tip of the iceberg. The hip hop, smack-talking politician persona that Trump has elevated is likely here to stay. Expect even more over-the-top politicos moving forward. It is where we are in 2019.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
If the Democrats put out a AOC type candidate as their nominee then we can go ahead and give Trump a 2nd term.

I would like more civil discourse to develop between the 2 parties because the divisive rhetoric on both sides of the aisle are leaving the majority of Americans who fall somewhere in the middle feeling defeated.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I honestly believe she is just the tip of the iceberg. The hip hop, smack-talking politician persona that Trump has elevated is likely here to stay. Expect even more over-the-top politicos moving forward. It is where we are in 2019.
He’s building on what Obama started. The way Obama treated Romney was surprising. Remember we who cling to our guns and Religion
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Is she too good politically? She continuously does this kind of thing in order to move her agenda forward. She stretches the truth just to make a point.

Kind of reminds me of what President Trump does..

I guess he is good too, he did get himself elected. Carry on...
he built the playbook. she is successfully implementing it. its impressive. she is really really stupid and i wouldn't be surprised if she lost her seat pretty easily the next time around. establishment democrats hate here and whats her face out of MN. they'll pump money into those districts.

I appreciate her only in the sense that she is driving these establishment idiots insane which i think is necessary.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
She is forcing her party to go even further left and embrace a certain kind of toxic rhetoric the same way Trump has done it to the right.

I'm all for destroying the establishment but there has got to be a better way.

Ideally there would be.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I think some of you are discounting how many people agree with her.
A loud number of people do.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I think some of you are discounting how many people agree with her.
Well she certainly has a very loud following.

She is as divisive as trump and by doing so she will continue to get a reaction from way too many people.

Fox News and other conservative media outlets can't stop talking about her and it will only help her base grow. The same way Trump has used CNN and other left leaning media outlets non stop coverage of him go grow his base.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Republicans voted in a president who either has zero grasp of the constitution or just doesn't care but he comes out and hugs flags and yells idiotic rhetoric that makes them feel good. In the longterm it will destroy the party and conservatism and will help people like AOC gain more power.

The federal government continues to get larger and the office of the president continues to become larger than it was ever intended to be but nobody cares unless it's not their guy in the white house. Then they care.

Then the CNNs and Fox News channels of the world fan the flames of division because it is what sells.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point g[…]

Longwood

Liberty heads east down 460 today for a game at Lo[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Week #4 Top Performers - Runs - Gatorbait 49 HR[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216[…]