This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Jonathan Carone
For people under 30, there has only be a Republican president win the popular vote one time in there entire life. Liberal thinking has been the norm for the majority of people their entire life. AOC and people like her are the next iteration of that. Her ideas may be dumb but there are more people who agree with them than people above the age of 40 would like to admit.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think you are giving her more credit than she probably deserves anda liberal leaning young generation is nothing new.

With that said, she obviously has a very strong, vocal following. It just isn't strong enough to when a national election. At least not yet. When your base is a younger base that is just the reality of the situation.

I'm not over 40 or in my 20s so I guess I'm in no man's land. Haha.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Trump shot down the GOP by beating 15 or 16 candidates to win nomination. Those who lost to Trump had no vision, no platform, no nothing. Trump won by being aggressive and having a vision. (MAGA). Jeb Bush probably should have won nomination, but he did nothing, other than blow , I believe 30 million dollars on his campaign.
GOP candidates spend too much time partying with their party faithful, rather than go out, beat the bushes to get votes. I see it happen in Virginia every election. They go meet with people who they know will vote for them. They need to go into "enemy territory" and change people's minds as to who they vote for.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Trump is a Third Party Candidate. I’ve said it over and over again. He ran as a Republican but look at all the Republican leaders that despise him. The Republican Party will regroup back to its old way when Trump is gone because hes not going to lead them.
The claims that he doesn’t know or care about the Constitution are amusing. That assumes that other Politicians do.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
if you want to know how absolutely out of touch our aging politicians are watch the zuckerberg hearings. Establishment politics is splintering in both parties. AOC/Sanders is a big problem for the Dem's because it leaves the middle and white males in the dust. This little issue with anti-semitism is going to leave a wake for them as well. Liberal youth is always loud and outspoken and seemingly has the upper hand in almost every era.
but it looks bad to the silent majority most of the time.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Most Democrats have no idea what the Constitution is, or what it says. Liberals on Supreme Court prove this.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:if you want to know how absolutely out of touch our aging politicians are watch the zuckerberg hearings. Establishment politics is splintering in both parties. AOC/Sanders is a big problem for the Dem's because it leaves the middle and white males in the dust. This little issue with anti-semitism is going to leave a wake for them as well. Liberal youth is always loud and outspoken and seemingly has the upper hand in almost every era.
The further Left and Radical people like AOC Sanders Omar etc go the more Moderate Trump looks
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Most Democrats have no idea what the Constitution is, or what it says. Liberals on Supreme Court prove this.
If that is the case, why has the federal government continued to grow in both size and in power regardless of what party is in power? Why has the power of the executive branch continued to grow?
Last edited by thepostman on March 7th, 2019, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
RubberMallet wrote:if you want to know how absolutely out of touch our aging politicians are watch the zuckerberg hearings. Establishment politics is splintering in both parties. AOC/Sanders is a big problem for the Dem's because it leaves the middle and white males in the dust. This little issue with anti-semitism is going to leave a wake for them as well. Liberal youth is always loud and outspoken and seemingly has the upper hand in almost every era.
The further Left and Radical people like AOC Sanders Omar etc go the more Moderate Trump looks
Very true,which is why some Democrats are trying to shut them up. Unfortunately for them, AOC is using the Trump social media strategy and trying to play the victim card whenever she can. It has worked for Trump, so I guess it could work for her.
By LUDad
Sly Fox wrote:I honestly believe she is just the tippy top of the iceberg. The hip hop, smack-talking politician persona that Trump has elevated is likely here to stay. Expect even more over-the-top politicos moving forward. It is where we are in 2019.
FIFY
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
If you're referring to Anti-Vaxxers, I'm fine with them not having a place at the table. Most of them are crazy and are so far out there, nothing will convince them otherwise. I consider many of them guilty of child endangerment.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:If you're referring to Anti-Vaxxers, I'm fine with them not having a place at the table. Most of them are crazy and are so far out there, nothing will convince them otherwise. I consider many of them guilty of child endangerment.
I will agree with this 100%. My Facebook timeline is filled with Christians who are on asinine this anti-vaccine pipeline. Their children have been “injured” or some such nonsense. No vaccine is 100% failsafe, but the morons telling us it was good a good thing they had the measles are ignoring the fact that many more kids died from these curable diseases. I have zero tolerance for these idiots, my family members included.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]