This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By CCWMichael
Does the aeronautic school private hire flights for student flight hours?
Like a football game day fly to Harrisburg or Palmyra, PA <--- nice small private airport close to us --- then after the game fly us home. I am looking for options that may be less expensive than driving and staying for football games to include the spring game.
Crazy prices with commercial flights are stupid not worth it. 400 per person. We can fly to California for the same cost.
The private pilot (chemo brain, I could not recall how to spell pilot) privilege or instruction thing will most likely prevent this.
If the school can do it I doubt the school might offer good rates for a full day but if I don't ask I will never know.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
This sounds like a good idea on paper, but is probably a logistics and insurance nightmare for the program.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
We used to have a guy in our dorm that flew us to UVA and VT when we played them in soccer when he was in the aviation program. Got a free rental through the school 15 min flight 10 min drive from airport to stadium, it was a blast. He needed passenger hours to get some upgrade for his licenses so we'd fly any time we had a semi close game.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
This is a great way to travel. I don't see the school doing it directly for liability purposes, but if you ask around at your local airstrip and tell them what you're looking for, you may find someone willing to do it.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]