This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I've heard you Carolinians talk about a number fo your favorite 'Cue Joints over the years. I am in the Piedmont/Triad area the next couple of days for work and was hoping to hit at least one or two of your favorites. Suggestions, please.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Winston-Salem: Honky Tonk Pig on Jonestown Road and Bibs downtown. Another newer place I'll try and and remember name of. Of course Lexington isn't far and is considered the BBQ headquarters. Will you be in Winston or Greensboro?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUminary wrote:Winston-Salem: Honky Tonk Pig on Jonestown Road and Bibs downtown. Another newer place I'll try and and remember name of. Of course Lexington isn't far and is considered the BBQ headquarters. Will you be in Winston or Greensboro?
Bibs gets my vote as well. Camel City BBQ has old school video games (Atari etc) at their tables)
I’m not a Lexington bbq fan
Country BBQ in High Point isn’t bad
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
There have already been several good suggestions and Stamey’s is definitely the classic choice for Greensboro. My personal favorite might be Prissy Polly’s here in Kernersville. I prefer Eastern style, but they offer Lexington style as well. Camel City’s bbq was terrible the one time we went. It wasn’t either NC style and was overly sauced.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am based near the airport but I will go wherever necessary to score what you guys consider legit. I admit my experience with Lexington-style is very limited. Some place that I can get quality of both would be appealing but not necessary. My traveling party leans vegetarian but homey don't play dat.
By Class of 20Something
TH Spangler wrote:This is where all the presidents dine on BBQ when in town. Simple downeast BBQ.

http://stameys.com/

I don't care for Lexington style BBQ.
Stameys is dangerous because it's Cookout cheap. Soooo much food.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:This is where all the presidents dine on BBQ when in town. Simple downeast BBQ.

http://stameys.com/

I don't care for Lexington style BBQ.
Stameys is dangerous because it's Cookout cheap. Soooo much food.
Cookout’s BBQ is surprisingly decent.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I am based near the airport but I will go wherever necessary to score what you guys consider legit. I admit my experience with Lexington-style is very limited. Some place that I can get quality of both would be appealing but not necessary. My traveling party leans vegetarian but homey don't play dat.
I believe there is a Country BBQ not far from the airport. Down the road from the Volvo/Mack truck plant
By LUDad
I always stop by Lexington BBQ when in the area. I aways request the dark which contains more of the roasted skin.
By rtb72
Sensitive subject in NC. Lexington style or Eastern style is a constant debate. Stamey's is good, but their slaw is awful (IMO). If you want to have really good BBQ, Lexington is the capital for that style. The best Eastern style, brisket, and ribs are Tickle My Ribs in Burlington or Dickey Do's in Haw River. They are both hole-in-the-wall joints.....but that's often where you find the best food. Both are convenient to the interstate. Either way....I doubt you will be disappointed. To make it in the BBQ business in NC....you have to be pretty good or you will be out of business in a month. Lots of competition...

Happy Gorging!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The ladies in my crew revolted and we had to go to Steak Street. Not bad but severely lacking in 'cue. I hope to hit a spot Thursday evening before my flights home.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:The ladies in my crew revolted and we had to go to Steak Street. Not bad but severely lacking in 'cue. I hope to hit a spot Thursday evening before my flights home.
Stameys ia accross the street from the Greensboro Coliseum, near the ACC hall of fame. 10 or 15 min drive from the airport.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:The ladies in my crew revolted and we had to go to Steak Street. Not bad but severely lacking in 'cue. I hope to hit a spot Thursday evening before my flights home.
Steak Street is pretty good and probably your best option if you wanted to stay close to the airport. You’re 15 minutes from Prissy Polly’s and about the same from Stamey’s.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]