This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By cruzan_flame13
ElmersTwin wrote:Looks like our boy Gauger had some business with the dirty man himself.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 601299002/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/poll-riggi ... 1547722801
USA Today/Wall Street Journal..really? now that's funny. Not like Cohen is not trying to save his own skin at all .I'll just let these goons continue doing whatever they can to find anything to impeach the President. Both parties are ridiculous, but we know who the media sides with the most.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I haven't read the stories yet but I find it hilarious how people quickly dismiss any negative articles about the president but if those same sources publish something public then people will say, "See!!! Even the (fill in the blank with some so-called liberal newspaper) is saying this is good!"

Just an observation...
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote:I haven't read the stories yet but I find it hilarious how people quickly dismiss any negative articles about the president but if those same sources publish something public then people will say, "See!!! Even the (fill in the blank with some so-called liberal newspaper) is saying this is good!"

Just an observation...
You have a point, but neither publications are ever truthfully informative and haven't been for decades. Look into the Church committee and see how these publications and intelligence work hand in hand. So no, I will never take these folks seriously. The Press is just filled with propaganda and enemies that will divide the masses.
By Jonathan Carone
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
ElmersTwin wrote:Looks like our boy Gauger had some business with the dirty man himself.

USA Today/Wall Street Journal..really? now that's funny. Not like Cohen is not trying to save his own skin at all .I'll just let these goons continue doing whatever they can to find anything to impeach the President. Both parties are ridiculous, but we know who the media sides with the most.
Read the quote itself. Regardless of your tin foil hat, it's indisputable that Liberty University employs someone who was hired by the Trump Campaign to rig online poll data and set up fake Twitter accounts. It wasn't on University time or dime, but is that the type of person who represents what we stand for, especially in such a high level position?
By cruzan_flame13
Jonathan Carone wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:

Read the quote itself. Regardless of your tin foil hat, it's indisputable that Liberty University employs someone who was hired by the Trump Campaign to rig online poll data and set up fake Twitter accounts. It wasn't on University time or dime, but is that the type of person who represents what we stand for, especially in such a high level position?
Tin foil hat.. oh you got deep Jon, you really did. My statement was just general, hence why I said this is funny. Also, No man should represent you ever, so maybe you should ponder about that.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:

I wonder how much cash was in Jr’s bag?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I don't think there is any indication Jr was paid anything and I don't think it is right to even hint at that without any proof whatsoever. I am not saying it isn't possible but...

It does speak volumes for the kind of thinking that goes on in order to get a guy elected. It also proves Trump is just like every other politician and it is comical that people try to claim he isn't a politician.
By Jonathan Carone
Mr. Gauger’s lawyer, Charles E. James Jr. of the firm Williams Mullen, said federal investigators interviewed Mr. Gauger about his interactions over six years with Mr. Cohen, from their first meeting in 2012 until last April, when the Federal Bureau of Investigation raided Mr. Cohen’s home, office and hotel room.
Williams Mullen is the law firm Liberty uses. Jerry has extensive relationships there. So I'd say it's fair to connect dots and wonder what Jerry's involvement in this was.

Also - of note - Liberty has a policy that employees can't speak with media outlets unless it's approved by the University. That means this statement was likely approved by the University before getting put out.

If I had to guess – and this is purely speculation – given Jerry's relationship with John Gauger, Jerry was very much involved in both setting up the relationship between Guager/Cohen/Trump and in the statement Gauger released.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I don't think there is any indication Jr was paid anything and I don't think it is right to even hint at that without any proof whatsoever. I am not saying it isn't possible but...

It does speak volumes for the kind of thinking that goes on in order to get a guy elected. It also proves Trump is just like every other politician and it is comical that people try to claim he isn't a politician.
I was just speculating and half-joking. Seems like I’m not the only one thinking this, no matter how far-fetched it might seem.

By Jonathan Carone
adam42381 wrote:
thepostman wrote:I don't think there is any indication Jr was paid anything and I don't think it is right to even hint at that without any proof whatsoever. I am not saying it isn't possible but...

I was just speculating and half-joking. Seems like I’m not the only one thinking this, no matter how far-fetched it might seem.

The Trump/Falwell relationship was established years before this event happened.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:

Oh yeah, it certainty is believable
By LU 57
I wish LU and JFJR would steer clear of partisan politics. Interestingly, I have come full circle on this since I was an undergrad. Back in the early to mid-90's I really appreciated that JFSR was willing to take a public stand on political issues and involve himself in presidential politics. It also used to really bother me that Billy Graham would associate himself with Bill Clinton.

However, as time has gone on I have come to better appreciate Graham's approach. I believe this quote sums it up best:

"I'm trying to stay out of it and just keep preaching the gospel, because there's nothing coming out of Washington or any of those places that are going to save the world or transform men and women. It's Christ".

Certainly I am in favor of the school encouraging Christians to vote for Biblical values, but if we want to reach the biggest audience possible and gain local support for our sports programs, the rhetoric needs to come down a notch.
By rhezick
Man, what a great quote by Graham. Honestly, I'm right there with you. The way people get riled up over trivial matters (like who you vote for) is insane. This past election I ordered yard signs for both 5th district VA candidates for Congress and stuck them in my yard...just to troll my neighbors. You shouldn't need blood pressure medication in order to talk about politics. But hey, if you do, then...you do you.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
adam42381 wrote:

Oh yeah, it certainty is believable
I believe it. This is what happens when he mingles the university into politics. I wish we would get a new president.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Knowing him personally, I am really disappointed in hearing about this. I have had discussions quite a few folks who read this but don't post due to their positions about the poor business acumem of people in upper levels of the administration, and this is just a case that is public. Gauger is paid very well, and he even gets free representation. I know he didn't retain WM on his own dime.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I just wish we had a Board that could protect the school but that’ll never happen.
I think it could happen but will just take a few more generations or a scandal that they won't be able to spin.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:TRBC technically can step in and clean house if it ever appears things are going off the rails but things will have to get drastically worse for that to happen.
TRBC??? Aren't they totally separate?
By Jonathan Carone
thepostman wrote:TRBC technically can step in and clean house if it ever appears things are going off the rails but things will have to get drastically worse for that to happen.
That’s the first I’ve ever heard of that.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Is this accurate? If so, I wonder what it would take for Jonathan to stage a coup?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]