This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Once again, it's the annual movie discussion. I have been to two movies in theatres in the last 6 years, but there are a few already that could finally draw me back into those stadium seats
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I only see movies maybe quarterly, but I would really recommend Green Book.

Set in 1962, the movie has sort of a Driving Miss Daisy theme, except roles are reversed: this time, the driver is a tough guy Italian New Yorker and his job is to drive and protect a very cultured (and lonely) African-American concert pianist through the Deep South for concerts. And it's based on a true story.
Last edited by Cider Jim on January 5th, 2019, 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I see 3-4 movies every month. I can’t remember what is coming out other than the next Star Wars and of course JOHN WICK
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I only see movies maybe quarterly, but I would really recommend The Green Room.

Set in 1962, the movie has sort of a Driving Miss Daisy theme, except roles are reversed: this time, the driver is a tough guy Italian New Yorker and his job is to drive and protect a very cultured (and lonely) African-American concert pianist through the Deep South for concerts. And it's based on a true story.
:lol:
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I only see movies maybe quarterly, but I would really recommend The Green Room.
I can't find anything about it... and yes, I did "the googles."
2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Sounds like you don't watch UVA play that much. I […]