This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Jonathan Carone
I had read some stuff about how bad some of the decisions - both politically before hand and operationally during - were on the Broward County side of things but dang, this isn’t good at all.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Heads better roll if they haven't already
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Heads better roll if they haven't already
Cruz resigned and is getting 105k/year in pension
Scott Israel is still the Broward County Sheriff
Jan Jordan resigned with full benefits
Brian Miller placed on Admin Duties
By CCWMichael
Off topic but related.
how many off yall know there were gun clubs in schools? I took my weapons to school for hunting and for clubs.
The stats report two deaths per year in schools.
Fast forward to the attempted disarming of civilians.
Guns taken out of schools, schools now no tolerance since ... 90?.
How many school shootings since the disarming of students and teachers?

There is a bigger picture involved here and it involves us losing us.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:Off topic but related.
how many off yall know there were gun clubs in schools? I took my weapons to school for hunting and for clubs.
The stats report two deaths per year in schools.
Fast forward to the attempted disarming of civilians.
Guns taken out of schools, schools now no tolerance since ... 90?.
How many school shootings since the disarming of students and teachers?

There is a bigger picture involved here and it involves us losing us.
When I was looking at transferring HS my Senior year they took me to their gun range!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Oh and apparently the school resource officer at the center of this tragic debacle, Scott Peterson? The guy who hid outside while students were being murdered? He got to retire with full bennies and will pull $100,000/year for the rest of his life (and I'm sure his dependents will somehow benefit when he snuffs it)
By Class of 20Something
Most outside of LE career fields may not know this but Columbine was the event that cause law enforcement to change how LE responds to an active shooter.

Back then, protocol was for patrol officers to set a perimeter and wait for swat to make entry. This was clearly responsible for excessive loss of life. And thus the change was made.

Officers respond immediately. We were trained that when we arrived on scene, we were to wait no longer than 30 seconds for an additional unit to increase team size. Entry is made immediately. For those with ground combat experience, it differs slightly from MOUT operations. Rather than extensive searches in every room, active shoot response relies on reacting to stimulace and being as bereft as possible throughout the search.

Parkland could have been a modern Columbine because LE refused to use modern practices.

I believe that knowledge is fundamental in shaping my opinion on the subject and that it would be beneficial to share to help you all understand that Parkland was not just a lack of bravery but a rejection of all current training. It reiterated the lessons learned from Columbine.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Most outside of LE career fields may not know this but Columbine was the event that cause law enforcement to change how LE responds to an active shooter.

Back then, protocol was for patrol officers to set a perimeter and wait for swat to make entry. This was clearly responsible for excessive loss of life. And thus the change was made.

Officers respond immediately. We were trained that when we arrived on scene, we were to wait no longer than 30 seconds for an additional unit to increase team size. Entry is made immediately. For those with ground combat experience, it differs slightly from MOUT operations. Rather than extensive searches in every room, active shoot response relies on reacting to stimulace and being as bereft as possible throughout the search.

Parkland could have been a modern Columbine because LE refused to use modern practices.

I believe that knowledge is fundamental in shaping my opinion on the subject and that it would be beneficial to share to help you all understand that Parkland was not just a lack of bravery but a rejection of all current training. It reiterated the lessons learned from Columbine.
Several articles went over that change. The fact that up and down the chain of command disregard SOP is what is truly amazing. How many people are fired for not following SOP? Yet these people are allowed to keep their jobs, keep their pension and become spokespersons for policy. Then it also makes you wonder where all the money went to that was allocated for training in these new technologies and techniques?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It is a shame that this was all but ignored by the national media because for some reason the anger was directed at the guns themselves.

I'm not saying that I dont agree with some sort of common sense gun regulation which includes a much better background check system but to focus all the effort and energy on that issue alone completely allowed this incompetent police dept to skate by unscathed for the most part on the national level.

Such a shame.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]