This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
:lol: Thats ok. I understood you. :)

To elaborate a bit on my other answer: Having a device like the FIRE stick means that the wifi is going straight to it. With Chromecast and your Chromebook, you are adding an additional device that your WIFI router has to stream.
Last edited by alabama24 on September 13th, 2020, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimflamesfan liked this
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: September 12th, 2020, 8:10 pm Alright you young whipper snappers. ....

Love the user interface of YouTubeTv. Love the sports channels available. But I HATE. As in loathe and despise the picture quality. It’s like old standard tube tv quality. I have a line running to the TV so it’s not the streaming. I reboot the app Everytime. It’s just pixelated and blurry when things are moving. I just got an OTA antenna and the picture is much better. BUT I can’t get all the channels where I live. PLUS I have to move the antenna to different sides of the TV if I want to pick up specific stations. I’ve optimized settings per the LG site and various Interweb sites. It hasn’t really helped. I feel like I’m 5 minutes away from having to get up and change the channels myself!
. All my other streaming thingy’s work great. So... do the other streaming services (HULU Roku etc) have similar Crappy pictures on sporting events?
Have you tried manually changing the video quality once you start watching? It’s supposed to auto detect what quality will deliver the best, uninterrupted stream. But I’ve noticed sometimes with me it goes with a lower quality when my internet is able to handle the highest quality, so I just manually switch it and it works fine. Though streaming live TV requires more bandwidth than previously recorded video, but you said 49 down so that should be enough for 1080p. So try just manually switching and see how it works. If it’s not working well, could be your ISP throttling YouTube TV since net neutrality no longer exists.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am not sure what your setup is, Haize. But my streams on YouTubeTV are better than most of the other providers I have on the same TV (FUBO+, Disney+, Apple & ESPN all have issues from time to time). This has to be a settings issue for you.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: September 13th, 2020, 12:38 pm I am not sure what your setup is, Haize. But my streams on YouTubeTV are better than most of the other providers I have on the same TV (FUBO+, Disney+, Apple & ESPN all have issues from time to time). This has to be a settings issue for you.
I have an LG OLED. I have no idea why watching sports on it via YouTubeTv is so poor. It looks great OTA
Maybe it’s just ESPN?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The picture is great on Amazon Netflix etc. just YouTubeTv is giving me fits
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
do you watch live streams on anything else but YouTube TV? If not, it isn't a fair comparison.

Your bandwidth is fine so if you manually change the quality settings on YouTube TV and it still crap then I'm thinking your provider may be messing with your youtube TV feed.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
You get full ESPN access with the exception of the Longhorn Network by plugging your YouTubeTV subscription into the ESPN app. I usually watch the ESPN nets directly on their app but use the other apps for everything else.

YouTubeTV streams just as well on my Fire Stick as Netflix & Prime. I hope you aren't trying to cast it through another device. Let your baked in apps or Roku/Fire stick be your input source.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: September 13th, 2020, 1:32 pm do you watch live streams on anything else but YouTube TV? If not, it isn't a fair comparison.

Your bandwidth is fine so if you manually change the quality settings on YouTube TV and it still crap then I'm thinking your provider may be messing with your youtube TV feed.
I was using it to compare in order to see if it was a YouTubeTv issue or an issue with my TV and interweb connection. So it looks like it’s a YouTubeTV issue. Not sure how to manually change the quality of my settings on YTTV or what to change them to
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I showed them! I sent them a politely worded email! Ha!
By JCS Crew
One thing I did, I purchased this adapter to connect my firestick directly to my ethernet cable so I do not have to rely on wifi signal. I have had YTTV for a year + now and have not had issues for the most part. Last night, MNF was off a little, it was not the same as FB normally is on my TV. Anyway, here is the adapter: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
LU 57 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JCS Crew wrote: September 15th, 2020, 2:48 pm One thing I did, I purchased this adapter to connect my firestick directly to my ethernet cable so I do not have to rely on wifi signal. I have had YTTV for a year + now and have not had issues for the most part. Last night, MNF was off a little, it was not the same as FB normally is on my TV. Anyway, here is the adapter: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
Yeah. I’m hooked directly to the cable thingy too. I was told that was the best way to do it. I did finally find an OTA antenna that gets the Big 4 stations so that’s good.
JCS Crew, LU 57 liked this
By Class of 20Something
YouTube and YouTube TV have the "stats for nerds" menus while you're watching. That should show you resolution and what speed is actually being pulled by the app.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: September 21st, 2020, 6:39 am YouTube and YouTube TV have the "stats for nerds" menus while you're watching. That should show you resolution and what speed is actually being pulled by the app.
How do I find these “Stats For Nerds”? It’s not like I’m a Quiz Bowler and know a lot of nerds :D
By Class of 20Something
While watching hit a button to bring up the timeline screen where you would monitor rewinding and fastforwarding.

There should be an icon of three vertical dots. In that menu there is a bug icon that says stats for nerds.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: September 21st, 2020, 6:39 am YouTube and YouTube TV have the "stats for nerds" menus while you're watching. That should show you resolution and what speed is actually being pulled by the app.
What the actual.......????
The 3 dots must be like The 3 Sea Shells (obscure movie reference for you there)
I FIXED IT. I NOW HAVE LESS BLURRY TV
Who knew that there was a Video Quality Icon thingy that would pop up when you hit that 3 Button thingy? Well I know the YouTube people didn’t. Cause I’ve talked to them 3 times. They’ve never told me about the 3 button thingy. Nor about how to adjust the video quality. But only through the Power of ASOR have I found increased Picture Quality!
Thank you my friends !!!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ok kids. I can’t get Apple TV on any of my TVs (you’d think what I paid for my Oled LG would have the software updated but nooo.....)
So I can’t screen share that I know of. I can’t get it on my Xbox. And as mentioned I can’t get an app on my smart TV. So what’s the best way to get it? Do I have to get one of those Roku/Amazon Stick thingy’s? If so is there a cost beyond the initial purchase?
Did I mention I’m not thrilled my tv is 1 year too old for an app download?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Just get a roku. They are so easy to use. My 5 year old uses it with ease so you should be fine PH :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 4th, 2020, 12:59 pm Just get a roku. They are so easy to use. My 5 year old uses it with ease so you should be fine PH :D
That’s a HUGE assumption.
So is that like one of those stick thingy’s? Can I use my current remote to operate it or do I have to use theirs?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: October 4th, 2020, 12:57 pm The easiest way to get Apple TV is, you know, to get an Apple TV. 8)
But is it worth the investment? Cause if I can get the applets streaming services for say a $40 device instead of the $150 device it would be better to do it that way. We are not all independently wealthy day traders like you :D
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
You have to use their remote. Stick option or small box, like smaller than a deck of cards. You can find them for around 20-30 bucks.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: October 4th, 2020, 1:15 pm You have to use their remote. Stick option or small box, like smaller than a deck of cards. You can find them for around 20-30 bucks.
I literally just want it for the Appletv app. I’ll see about the stick.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
There is a roku app so you don't have to use the remote if you don't want to.

There is a whole family of roku devices. I have a stick for using on the road.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]