This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:No, my Bible says sing praises unto the God.
But your Bible, that you just quoted says
ballcoach15 wrote:I am no Bible scholar, but my Bible says "women should remain silent in the church". Therefore, they cannot be Pastors. This is plain and simple. No need for interpretation , nor room for error.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach has provided us all with a great illustrative example of why the utopia postman desires isn’t achievable among imperfect mankind.

No offense intended, postie.

The constitution is a document open to interpretation. Different people interpret it differently. Has been and will always be that way.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
alabama24 wrote:Can a woman be a deacon Ballcoach?

No
Hmm. I don't know about that. Phoebe was a deacon (Romans 16:1-2). [The Greek word translated "servant" is the same exact word transliterated as "deacon."] 1 Timothy 3:11 refers to "the women" [servants/deacons]. [Any translation which states "their wives" is taking too big of a leap in translation which simply is not justified. "Their wives" isn't in the Greek. It says "the women." Furthermore, if it does refer to the wife of a deacon, then the qualifications for deacon are stronger than that of pastor... which wouldn't make sense, would it?]
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I am no Bible scholar
Obviously.

But I can read.

1 Corinthians 14:34
So how can women be allowed to sing in church? Or read announcements? Or teach Sunday School?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Ballcoach has provided us all with a great illustrative example of why the utopia postman desires isn’t achievable among imperfect mankind.

No offense intended, postie.

The constitution is a document open to interpretation. Different people interpret it differently. Has been and will always be that way.
No offense taken...

I would just hope that those nominated to be on the highest court in the land would be able to have a better head on their shoulders than most of us...especially ballcoach
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
So how can women be allowed to sing in church? Or read announcements? Or teach Sunday School?
My church doesn't have a woman pastor but the women sure do talk a lot. I'll have to bring this up to them. I'll let you know how that goes...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
My church doesn't have a woman pastor but the women sure do talk a lot. I'll have to bring this up to them. I'll let you know how that goes...
Bwahaha. I’ll pray for your safety. Also, leave me something cool in your Will
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

The Bible will provide you a "back up".
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Don't even get Purple started on female missionaries...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I did hear Women's Basketball was his favorite sport.
And? Actually I enjoy the Sport of Basketball no matter what level or Gender

Now back to your own contradictory statements....or are you just going to continue to dodge those?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Don't even get Purple started on female missionaries...
Well obviously according to ballcoach’s Bible you can’t have those. Which makes Husband and Wife missionary teams an abomination in his world
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Women can be Missionaries.
Where does it say that in your Bible? And don’t Missionary’s start Churches?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Acts 1:8

(I am preparing to depart Virginia for Missouri, thus I not have time to conduct Bible Class on Sea of Red)
Doesn’t say anything about women
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]