This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The constant beating of the FBI investigation dead horse is getting on his nerves a little. I wish he would make a comment about how much credibility the FBI has lost recently, but that would probably be counterproductive.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In 1985, I went to a Christmas party at the Congressional office building across street from Capitol. I went as part of a military mission. The congressmen there tried to hit on more females, than the soldiers did. There was lots of beverages consumed.
By Class of 20Something
Graham was livid. There is hope for him.

I'm scared for the world my daughter will grow up in. There will be no one left to believe claims of legitimate sexual assault after all these women crying wolf.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
The hypocrisy of the senators grilling him for things most of them have likely done way worse is just brutal to watch. You have to have some real self control not to say something crazy and go off on these morons. Self control....that ford and these other accusers say he didnt possess.

Its also interesting that this is for the supreme court nomination. Yet if this was treated like an actual trial there is virtually no evidence to convict him of anything.

If the dems genuinely believed this or thought there was merit here they would have blown him out of the water weeks ago. They knew it was shoddy at best and downright weak so their only shot was to dive bomb and stall at the last second. Its only the most obvious ploy i think ive ever seen in politics in my time.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Graham was livid. There is hope for him.

I'm scared for the world my daughter will grow up in. There will be no one left to believe claims of legitimate sexual assault after all these women crying wolf.
Graham had more of a "Spartacus moment" than Booker did...and it didnt require faux "civil disobedience" either
By Class of 20Something
BJWilliams wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:Graham was livid. There is hope for him.

Graham had more of a "Spartacus moment" than Booker did...and it didnt require faux "civil disobedience" either
Https://i.redd.it/9b2lxnistuo11.png

Like this?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
What is interesting is literally nobody had their minds changed by this process.

I also am more confused than ever as to how people associate with either party. Dems coming up with fake allegations and Republicans threatening to do the same if this becomes the norm. Sounds lovely.
By Jonathan Carone
My mind changed a little bit. Not knowing a ton about Kavanaugh, I assumed he was just another Republican and was on board with all the shaming towards Dr. Ford.

After watching some of the videos, I feel he’s trying to stay above reproach through this process and it’s the rest of the party who is throwing the cheap shots. So I at least gained some perspective there.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Shaming?? Obviously i havent seen every response but i havent seen one thing that is shaming her from anyone in authority. I have seen lots of questions about why none of her witnesses back her up and why she cant produce the location or year or how she left or got there.

I do agree with your second part and i was amazed at his composure and lack of attacking her personally.

I cant see any way possible an investigation could find anything from her story that would disqualify him from serving. How could they get a shred of evidence from such a circumstantial claim that is not even likely to bring a rape charge because the act mentioned doesnt really meet the definition of rape. Obviously it would not be an acceptable act but there is virtually no way to prove that even if it is true. Further there are no witnesses and its going on 4 decades.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Kavanaugh did good to keep repeating the line. The 4 witnesses she says were there all say under penalty of felony that no such action or event took place. He didn’t have to deny it. It wasn’t he said / she said. It made it she said/they said
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Now the Democrats and media are so desperate for this to be true they are running with one entry on his calendar that MAY have been the date in question but again without corroborating evidence and circumventing the protocols in practically begging for an FBI investigation which the president has to call for.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
I think Ford was compelling but I think the GOP and Kav punched back with tremendous force. I think he was just as compelling as she was. I still think this is all weird.

so the sexual allegations themselves or that whole thing, i'm going to call a stalemate which basically technically presumes innocence. its he said she said and its such a long time ago and one of those things where you can't just feel like you believe one party or the other. our system requires evidence of which she provides none. If we went on feels, those duke lacrosse boys would be in jail right now. Therefore the rest of this is political which i think the GOP did a great job of flaying Dems on this after her testimony. I think the GOP set up this "trial" in a way that was dis-advantageous to them. never really let the investigator do her job.

All that i think we established was that when Kavanaugh was 17 he drank beer and went to parties and that both parties are capable of doing dispicable things in the name of partisan politics.

Feinstein comes out looking horrible in all of this for sure.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
And now Flake drops the bombshell that he wants to delay a vote for a week for the FBI to investigate. Without saying it, the implication is he would not vote to confirm without this.
By CCWMichael
Christine Ford could not even go a minute without lying.
She called herself a psychologist in her introduction to the senate.
Check Californias board ... she was NEVER licensed!
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:Christine Ford could not even go a minute without lying.
She’s a professor of psychology and a research psychologist with a PhD. Your InfoWars tin foil hat is showing.
By Class of 20Something
adam42381 wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:Christine Ford could not even go a minute without lying.
She’s a professor of psychology and a research psychologist with a PhD. Your InfoWars tin foil hat is showing.
My wife is in the psychology ethics classes right now. Michael is right. The license is everything in the field. She cannot call herself a psychologist in any state.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Politically, I'm probably considered moderate to most. I lean right on some things and left on others. I find it interesting and very fascinating how people can view the same exact thing so differently based on political ideology.

I have friends and family who think Kavanaugh nailed it and friends and family who think he did terribly and lost control.

Just an observation.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]