This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Seems convenient but it doesn't really matter because you already stated the fact you aren't exactly a Bible scholar and you proved that to be true in this thread.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Ballcoach was not evading answering questions. He stated he "did not have time".
Still evading. And now that Kavanaugh is going to be confirmed we have plenty of time to wait for you to answer.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
He is working on becoming a Biblical scholar. Give him some time since he will probably need years to get there. This is based on the total lack of Biblical knowledge he has show over the years on this board.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:There's always my friend Apostle Google.
If you actually used Google from time to time then you probably wouldn't look quite so foolish but you do make the board an interesting place.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Nomination passes cloture vote 51-49. Final confirmation vote Saturday night
Last edited by BJWilliams on October 5th, 2018, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Passed cloture 51-49. One Republican, Murkowski, voted no, but Manchin, the Democrat from WV, voted yes. Final vote tomorrow should be the same.

At least Flake finally did the right thing, but his colleagues can all ¨thank¨ him for caving earlier, and encouraging the crazy protesters to verbally harrass them all.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:The protesters were going to be there regardless...just sayin.
They would be around, but the fact that the face-to-face confrontation in an elevator actually worked with Flake has emboldened them all.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Collins is going on and on, but based on what she is saying, it´s pretty clear she is a yes. How long it will take her to actually say it remains to be seen.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
For someone who was supposedly on the fence til yesterday, Collins is giving maybe the strongest argument I have heard for Kavanaugh. Might even flip a vote or 2.

Collins says she will vote yes!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The Democrats (save Manchin) will vote in a no bloc and then it's a question of how much destruction this will wreak next month
By LUDad
oldflame wrote:Collins is going on and on, but based on what she is saying, it´s pretty clear she is a yes. How long it will take her to actually say it remains to be seen.
Kinda sounded to me like she was indicating that he affirmed to her that precedents would keep him from voting to lighten Roe v Wade, Obama care, birth control and so forth. If so, he will become a clone of Kennedy. Either that or she wanted to be on record so she can say "don't blame me" to her liberal friends if he does otherwise.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
So proud of Senator Joe Manchin from my home state of West Virginia. :clapping
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
WV is an interesting state. Democrat to the core for the sake of the unions. But conservative to its core as well. Manchin has toed that line better than any politician I can remember. Even Byrd had his slip-ups.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
CONFIRMED, 50-48!!! :clapping
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:CONFIRMED, 50-48!!! :clapping
With one present and one abstention
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Anti-Kavanaugh protester admits he is getting $$$$ from George Soros. Sounds like he has been smoking some of it.

I love the last line. ¨If I wasn´t being paid, I would be, like, skiing.¨
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:Anti-Kavanaugh protester admits he is getting $$$$ from George Soros. Sounds like he has been smoking some of it.

I love the last line. ¨If I wasn´t being paid, I would be, like, skiing.¨
Do you realize that this video was from early 2017 and the dude was pretty clearly joking or lying? You actually think you just go to www.georgesoros.com and sign up to be a paid protestor? This is literal fake news.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
its a shame the extra curricular portion of this circus caused any conservative with even an inkling of reservation about Kavenaugh (stance on 4th amendment, patriot act, etc) to just go full bore support mode. i prefer barnett, but even i was 99% like put the bastard in listening to these lib idiots.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

LaTech

We are halfway through the season, yet we are stil[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]