This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ewglenn
Just wondering if anyone here has a MBA? I am thinking about getting mine and would like to hear how it impacted you personally and professionally. Also do you think in person or online matters?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I have one. Did it entirely online. I don’t think it matters.

Needed to have a postgrad degree of some kind just to check that box professionally in future applications and interviews. Personally, I have been really glad I got it done early. Never would’ve done it now with two kids. A couple of the classes were challenging, so maybe that was a personal benefit? I don’t know. I don’t find myself hardening back to it often. It’s just good I’ve got it on the ol’ resume.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
I got one. Never use it for anything and really pretty much disliked all but two of three classes. Not anything wrong with the classes, I just didn't like the material. Aside from it being a great resource to determine the vast types of career paths I didn't want to go into, it allowed to work a graduate assistant position in the field I wanted to enter upon completing undergrad. In hindsight, I would have literally preferred entering any graduate program offered at Lynchburg at that time that wasn't business administration.
By CCWMichael
Earned my MBA through Liberty --- second master's with Liberty. Did it all online --- family reasons. I had been working for a health care organization for quite some time and wanted the MBA for management advancement. So, I had an in and a plan, or should I say promotion lined up.
I was just about about to enter the position full time --- had to wait for medicaid, state certifications, and medicare approval of programs set up -- I was informed I had some pretty serious cancer and had to bow out to care for my health. There is and still is no way I could have performed. I am heading back to my old position July 5 and that will be the first I have worked in two months. So, maybe this winter when all treatments are done I may be able to pursue managemeny again.

Personally I was happy I was able to complete what I thought was a challenging program at ties. I was ready to feel like more of a provider for my family and church. What I carry now personally is I may be able to open doors in the future.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]