This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
With June upon us, my mind is wandering toward summer vacations. Where will you be wandering with your crew this summer?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'm heading to Farmville later this month for a birthday dinner at Fish & Pig; then in July, I'm going to Charlottesville for an Alison Krauss concert.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Taking a 2+ week road trip visiting some family and friends and so my kids can meet their new cousins.

Stop 1 will be Lynchburg. I've been back a couple of times but it will be my wife's first time back since we graduated 10 years ago. So that'll be fun and we have some fun stuff planned to do with the kids.

Stop 2 will be Knoxville,TN where my wife's sister and husband live. They had a baby back in November and we still haven't met the baby (except my wife). That'll be cool for my kids. I'm sure we will do other stuff but I'm not too sure what as of right now

Stop 3 will be Greenville, NC to visit my brother and his wife and their baby they had in December. Kids will get round 2 of meeting a new cousin.

Stop 4 will be Charlotte for some family fun

Stop 5 will be Richmond

Then back home to beautiful Odenton,MD
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
NYC in a couple of weeks for U2 concerts. But it’s going to be gut from 5 nights to 3 nights because Mrs Purple is recovering from shoulder surgery.
Possible trip to Indiana Lake cottage as usual but late July
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We were supposed to be in Europe burning through my miles and points with my entire family this week. Alas Harvey pushed that back a year.

I'm celebrating my 20th anniversary with Mrs. Sly in Ciudad de Mexico next week as we have some business and have tacked on a few days of CDMX fun. But we are taking one last family road trip to Tetons/Yellowstone in a couple of weeks. Sadly my boss is selling his cabin in the mountains so that gravy train is finally ending.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I'm heading to Farmville later this month for a birthday dinner at Fish & Pig; then in July, I'm going to Charlottesville for an Alison Krauss concert.
I watched her with Union Station on youtube last weekend from a 2002 concert. Incredible.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
thepostman wrote:Stop 2 will be Knoxville,TN
Hi
Haha. Hola

I know pretty much zero about what we are doing there. I think something about a zoo.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Hilton Head in June.

Louisville, DC, Atlanta and Philadelphia in July

Vegas in August

Lynchburg in September.

NJIT at Thanksgiving.

Arguing about where to spend Christmas.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Hilton Head in June.

Louisville, DC, Atlanta and Philadelphia in July

Vegas in August

Lynchburg in September.

NJIT at Thanksgiving.

Arguing about where to spend Christmas.
Vegas?
https://www.battlefieldvegas.com

http://hashhouseagogo.com/vegas/

https://m.viator.com/tours/Las-Vegas/Vi ... 84-56247P2

You’re welcome
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
What, no “adult” show recommendations?

First time, going to celebrate 10 anniversary, staying at Cosmo on strip.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:What, no “adult” show recommendations?

First time, going to celebrate 10 anniversary, staying at Cosmo on strip.
Well....since you’re going as a couple...I heard this was a good show for the Adult crowd but have not seen it. You can a YouTube it I think

https://www.caesars.com/caesars-palace/ ... xJ8FYopChA

I only bring you quality information!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Sly, that’s what I hear. But we were married in August ten years ago, and it’s the only time we can go. Doing the whole thing on reward points, just because we can. I’d rather go a different time, but that’s all we’ve got.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Sly, that’s what I hear. But we were married in August ten years ago, and it’s the only time we can go. Doing the whole thing on reward points, just because we can. I’d rather go a different time, but that’s all we’ve got.
They have pools and air conditioning. You will be fine
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I agree with Haize but Battlefield Vegas might be a bit much that time of year. I wouldn't plan on golfing either.

I haven't stayed at the Cosmo but the pools and shows will be awesome everywhere in town.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I agree with Haize but Battlefield Vegas might be a bit much that time of year. I wouldn't plan on golfing either.

I haven't stayed at the Cosmo but the pools and shows will be awesome everywhere in town.
They have indoor shooting ranges. Also air conditioned
Golfing would be fine........if you have a 5 am tee time :D
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:I agree with Haize but Battlefield Vegas might be a bit much that time of year. I wouldn't plan on golfing either.

They have indoor shooting ranges. Also air conditioned
Golfing would be fine........if you have a 5 am tee time :D
Only there for five days. Not even taking clubs. Too much other stuff to do together, and wife doesn’t golf (as much as I’ve tried).
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Vegas has a ridiculous amount of things to do. But burgers may be the most popular option for those of us who love to eat.

East Coasters all seem to be down with scoring In 'N Out Burger and the Cosmo is within two blocks of two locations. The new one in the Linq Promenade just a couple blocks north and the old familiar one at the corner Dean Martin Drive & Flamingo drive next to the I-15 freeway. Both are easy walking distance even in August heat.

Of course Gordon Ramsay Burger is just across the street in Planet Hollywood. I know you guys have Shake Shacks up and down the East Coast these days, but they have a location on the Strip just as you reach New York, New York. You will have to walk by Bobby's Burger Palace (Bobby Flay, that is) to reach it.

I admit that I don't get to Chicago near enough so the Giordanos between the Flamingo & Bally's is a personal favorite when I am working there.

As far as business is concerned, I am flying to NYC, LA, Seattle, Albuquerque & Jakarta this summer. I'm trying to swing a day or two in Bali out of the Indonesian run.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]