This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

makarov97 wrote:10K cap per year for K-12 education. Many States offer a tax deduction for income tax purposes for contributions to a 529. It's a no-brainer for a parent or grandparent in one of the 34 States that do so, to funnel private school tuition through a 529.

So you get tax-free growth in the account, plus a State income tax deduction and many of the State deductions are very generous.
Financially incentivizing education? On the republican platform? No. It cannot be.
rogers3 wrote:Good, but not good enough. Contributions to the 529 aren't pretax money, are they? I need to find a way to write off 30k...
Baby steps. So long as it’s moving in the right direction. Imagine the poop storm whennthese cuts are set to ‘expire’. You think people are going to want to give their money back?
Purple Haize wrote:
rogers3 wrote:Good, but not good enough. Contributions to the 529 aren't pretax money, are they? I need to find a way to write off 30k...
Baby steps. So long as it’s moving in the right direction. Imagine the poop storm whennthese cuts are set to ‘expire’. You think people are going to want to give their money back?
I loved rand's soeach about restraining spending too. Tax cuts are great, it's like a 3% raise of my own money! But we have outspent out GDP and that's a problem.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]