This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
They have one somewhat humurous article for every 100 they post. Not very good odds.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The peecentage seems much higher from my perspective. I love their work.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
If you're not a fan of satire in general I can understand not finding them funny and they do seem to recycle old articles every so often. The biggest complaint I've seen against them is the same as any satirical news site. People are gullible an you'd be surprised how many people don't know that the Bee isn't true news (although many stories have a rock of truth at their heart, which makes it funny).
By Class of 20Something
Yacht Rock wrote:If you're not a fan of satire in general I can understand not finding them funny and they do seem to recycle old articles every so often. The biggest complaint I've seen against them is the same as any satirical news site. People are gullible an you'd be surprised how many people don't know that the Bee isn't true news (although many stories have a rock of truth at their heart, which makes it funny).
Good satire does. Artful satire is impossible to differentiate from reality.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm a fan of good satire. They seem to have lost their way as of late. I use to really enjoy their stuff.

Just ones man opinion though.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i think they've blown their wad. there was a plenty of backlog of topics pre babylonbee but they've churned through them.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Ever since Donald Trump became the president, the Onion hasn't been funny.

And as you know, I'm no Trumpkin, so I'd like to say I'm somewhat objective.
Last edited by jbock13 on December 10th, 2017, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:Every since Donald Trump became the president, the Onion hasn't been funny.

Plus this thread is dedicated to The Babylon Bee..

http://babylonbee.com/news/benny-hinn-s ... ight-real/
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
jbock13 wrote:Every since Donald Trump became the president, the Onion hasn't been funny.

Plus this thread is dedicated to The Babylon Bee..

http://babylonbee.com/news/benny-hinn-s ... ight-real/
Good point. Screw the Onion.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i figured at some point in time the babylon bee will hit one right where the lion share of people who thought they were funny will all the sudden be offended. that one might do it. that said, i think they aren't anywhere near as popular as they once were. as all things go technically.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
They haven't been shy about their feelings on Trump. It's been a nice change in their approach.
By Jonathan Carone
Most satire sites have been dropping in views/popularity. Twitter/Instagram allows those types of jokes to be made and shared so much quicker.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]