This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... us/544571/

Some people want to do the biblical thing and stand against evil. (Redacted) Jerry sends armed guards to stop them.

I'm sure some of you will be okay with this. Then again, some of you are okay with a completely (redacted) president as the "evangelical" choice. At this point I'm just hoping there are enough students, faculty, and alumni with the balls and brains to call this (redacted) on all his garbage. Jerry Jr, I don't know if you actually read this forum anymore, but you're the (redacted) that you can possibly be. I would call you (redacted), but you're not even trying to disguise what a (redacted) you are. You've taken the good name and good work of your dad and crapped all over it just to suck up to a (redacted) whose biggest accomplishment is realizing how many "christians" are just racist yokels who wouldn't want Jesus to be allowed into the country if he didn't go through extreme vetting.

Jerry Falwell Jr, you are (redacted). There is literally nothing about your leadership of the university that is remotely Christlike. You are literally everything that is wrong with the easy believism of the modern "church" in the US. Liberty will be an infinitely better place when (redacted) like you are no longer welcome. I would shred my diplomas, but they've got more value as confetti than markers of quality education.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Someone is off their meds. But it is Med D ‘Donut Hole’ season so that could explain it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Image
Just dropped a bomb and left. I wonder if he stabbed a guy in the heart with a trident?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
To disagree with someone does not mean I hate or fear them. To love someone does not require me to agree with everything they say or do.

Most people today just don’t get this.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Hey guys, we really don't like moderating much. We don't care if you critique/criticize people/places/things, but let's refrain from the name calling. Thanks!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:Hey guys, we really don't like moderating much. We don't care if you critique/criticize people/places/things, but let's refrain from the name calling. Thanks!
Whatever Poopy Head!
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Not everyone who disagrees with Jr or the university is a communist. Your straw man might be tired from all the hanging out you guys have been doing.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
makarov97 wrote:
Yacht Rock wrote:Not everyone who disagrees with Jr or the university is a communist. Your straw man might be tired from all the hanging out you guys have been doing.
Speaking of straw men. (Or is it "straw zi" or "straw ze" or "straw person.")
That's the second straw man argument you've made
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:Not everyone who disagrees with Jr or the university is a communist. Your straw man might be tired from all the hanging out you guys have been doing.
Ironically he’s named after a Russian arms manufacturer
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
We do know the Russians pay people to troll Facebook and Twitter - maybe they're on FlameFans, I mean A Sea of Red, as well :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
We do know the Russians pay people to troll Facebook and Twitter - maybe they're on FlameFans, I mean A Sea of Red, as well :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well if Kalashnikov, Sukhoi and Red October show up I’ll be suspicious
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
I might get fired up about things that Jerry has said or done, but I won't go here. Heck, I don't even want to call ballcoach bad names even though his comments rub me the wrong way.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:I might get fired up about things that Jerry has said or done, but I won't go here. Heck, I don't even want to call ballcoach bad names even though his comments rub me the wrong way.
Agreed, the name calling is ridiculous. Jerry Jr., himself, is a good man - whether or not I agree w/ every view he has, every word he says or every action he takes.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Also we need to consider the source NAJ hasn’t been here in how long? Just drops this off and vanishes? I’m not going to call it a cowardly act but won’t argue with someone who does
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Well well, lookie who’s back...
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Also we need to consider the source NAJ hasn’t been here in how long? Just drops this off and vanishes? I’m not going to call it a cowardly act but won’t argue with someone who does
Remember how much fun we had with NAJ a few years ago? I even have an entire quote in my signature about how deplorable we are! :D
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Also we need to consider the source NAJ hasn’t been here in how long? Just drops this off and vanishes? I’m not going to call it a cowardly act but won’t argue with someone who does
Remember how much fun we had with NAJ a few years ago? I even have an entire quote in my signature about how deplorable we are! :D
I do miss the friendly banter between NAJ and just about everybody else.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
His presence made things lively. Divergent viewpoints are a good thing in the midst of board discussions. Otherwise boredom sets in quickly.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:His presence made things lively. Divergent viewpoints are a good thing in the midst of board discussions. Otherwise boredom sets in quickly.
But he said things I don’t agree with and it makes me so angry!!!! :D
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]